E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Removing Headlight Washer Covers

06-29-2012, 08:53 PM   #1
B005T3D-G
Class Leading Reprobate
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Impreza STi - E92 335i (56)

Garage List
Removing Headlight Washer Covers

Hi All

Tried searching around for the last 30 mins and cannot find a guide of sorts for removing the headlight washer covers on an E92. Possibly not seeing the wood for the trees or maybe that last beer was one too far..... anyway

Lacquer has started failing on my washer covers and looking to take them off and give them a tidy up/replace but reading some of the woes people were having in the winter with the washer assembly and others losing theirs randomly I figured it would be safer asking than having at it with a screwdriver and blind ignorance. Not a fan of breaking stuff.

Cheers
G
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2012, 03:01 PM   #2
Frobius
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F11 530d M-Sport

Garage List
Sort of hard to explain, but basically you pull the cover up and forwards with your hands. Try and get your nails under them or a soft plastic spatula or something. Pull them diagonally forward and hold the washer stalk - its spring loaded to go back into the car so hold the stalk. Once you're holding it, look underneath and you'll see it's just held on by a round lug on each side. Just pop it off carefully and you're done.

Refitting is the opposite, although you'll prob need a set of long nose pliers to pull the washer stalk out without the cover on it to pull.
      07-02-2012, 03:04 PM   #3
Danny.B.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 330d M Sport

wait for water to turn to ice and theyll just drop off!
      07-02-2012, 03:22 PM   #4
parapaul
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330d M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny.B. View Post
wait for water to turn to ice and theyll just drop off!
      07-03-2012, 05:11 PM   #5
B005T3D-G
Class Leading Reprobate
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Impreza STi - E92 335i (56)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frobius View Post
Sort of hard to explain, but basically you pull the cover up and forwards with your hands. Try and get your nails under them or a soft plastic spatula or something. Pull them diagonally forward and hold the washer stalk - its spring loaded to go back into the car so hold the stalk. Once you're holding it, look underneath and you'll see it's just held on by a round lug on each side. Just pop it off carefully and you're done.

Refitting is the opposite, although you'll prob need a set of long nose pliers to pull the washer stalk out without the cover on it to pull.
Cheers, I'll have a bash at it tomorrow
Appreciate 0