E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > weird occurance when starting the engine

03-06-2012, 06:30 AM   #1
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08' 135i

weird occurance when starting the engine

So recently (2-3 weeks) my car has been doing something strange not sure if its normal or not.

Usually when I start my car it would like a nice bark (kinda revs to like 1.5k) then drops down to idle.

Lately though when I start the car it no longer has that bark and it would only rev to just under 1000 and goes back to idle.

This usually happens when I turn on the car after an hour or two being off.

It is a bit strange that its behaviour change, just trying to figure out what is going on?

The only thing that has change on my car is the meth kit that I installed (BMW WW Meth kit).

Is a bit of a strange question but I miss that little bark that the car do when starting the car and also worried that there could be an underlying problem behind it!

Cold start is always the same though it only does it when the car is warm and is been off for an hour or two. If I turn on the car straight after I turn it off it does that nice bark upon startup 100%.

Any input would be great!
Appreciate 0