E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Idrive??? Causing me huge headaches...

11-11-2013, 01:24 AM   #1
Wilks1911
Registered
England
Rep
Drives: 2006 335d Black Saphire Metall

Idrive??? Causing me huge headaches...

Can anybody help???

I've changed settings on in my idrive and added new addresses to my address book in the navigation, while the engine is on and while it's not, both times she. I leave the car and come back it's all reverted back to how it was before I changed anything. I have two keys and both do this, one key starts the car with entertainment on aux mode, the other starts it with radio on...

I've been searching everywhere and can't find any answers, any help would be greatly appreciated...
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2013, 03:08 AM   #2
hey joe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 330d

Apologies in advance if you already know this, and/or I haven't fully understood your question (I have ProNav but do not use the 'Contacts' feature) ....

Are you aware several settings - things like seat positions, maybe door mirrors, aircon temps etc, lights/drl's, entertainment settings etc etc - are remembered by the car when you stop the engine/remove the key/lock the doors or something at the end of a journey. When you unlock/open the door/insert key/start engine or something at the beginning of a journey (can't remember the exact 'triggers') these 'remember' settings revert to how they were the last time THAT PARTICULAR KEY was used. Useful if there are two of you ... but if you want the car the same on both your keys, you'll have to set it up the same on both keys - and I don't actually know if the Address Book/Contact list is one of these 'remembered' settings (as I said, don't use it myself).

Sorry if all that's bleedin' obvious to you ... hope it helps ... good luck !
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2013, 04:54 AM   #3
Wilks1911
Registered
England
Rep
Drives: 2006 335d Black Saphire Metall

Hi, I only use the one key for my car as I'm the only driver of it. I only noticed that both settings for the keys were different when I had my car services recently and used both keys. Off the top of my head thinking about it I don't know if it would be a battery problem or something setup on the car that's causing the issue?? My M3 doesn't seem to have this problem and remembers settings I've changed, but the 335d doesn't want to behave?? I had an e60 530d that was fine with memorising what my settings were. It's just bugging me as to why this keeps doing it on this one? The answer may be staring me right in the face but for the life of me I can't figure it out...?
Appreciate 0