E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Strange noise coming from left side of engine

12-09-2017, 08:18 PM   #1
AJL
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i M Sport

Strange noise coming from left side of engine

I just got back from a relatively short drive and heard this weird noise when I parked my car. It would be present for like 15 or so seconds and then stop, then start again. I managed to catch it on video. Oddly enough, once it stopped while I was filming, it didn't seem to come back..

It seems to be coming from the left side of the engine. No warning lights or anything, and the car was driving just fine today.

Any ideas?

Video:
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 08:30 PM   #2
illusiveM3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 M3 6MT

Are you talking about the high pitch squeal/noise? I have a similar one that i started hearing after installing my aftermarket charge pipe. I am assuming it’s a small air leak.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 08:53 PM   #3
AJL
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjaap View Post
Are you talking about the high pitch squeal/noise? I have a similar one that i started hearing after installing my aftermarket charge pipe. I am assuming it’s a small air leak.
What squeal? But it does sounds like there is an air leak of some kind (weather it be exhaust or otherwise). It's most noticeable like 3 seconds in when the camera is near the intake pipe, and it stops like 12 seconds in.
Appreciate 0