E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > $750 credit card signup bonus from AMEX

08-21-2011, 03:28 PM   #1
mase
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i

Exclamation $750 credit card signup bonus from AMEX

Deal is dead.. hope some of you got the points..

Last edited by mase; 10-13-2011 at 08:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2011, 04:00 PM   #2
newuser
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: chevy

Do you know how long code 6661 is valid for? Also, wouldn't the total points be 85k? (75k+10K) provided you met the 1K within three months?
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2011, 04:09 PM   #3
mase
Banned
Rep

I'm not sure why, but you'll only get 75k points. I got the points applied recently but to be safe I'd do it sooner rather than later if I were you.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2011, 04:18 PM   #4
solefald
Nigerian Prince
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: '11 F25

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Does not sound bad at all. Thanks!

For those who can't be bothered with scrolling, here is info on the card.

Quote:
1 The annual fee for the Premier Rewards Gold Card will be waived for the first year of Card membership. The annual fee for the Premier Rewards Gold Card is $175.

2 Offer not available to existing consumer American Express Charge Cardmembers. To be eligible to receive bonus points. you must be enrolled in the Membership Rewards® program at the time of spend and you must make your first eligible purchase with the Premier Rewards Gold Card within one year of card issuance. 10,000 bonus points will be credited to your Membership Rewards account 8-10 weeks after you make your first eligible purchase. Limit one offer per Card Account. Bonus ID: 3661. Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards program apply. Visit membershiprewards.com/terms or call 1-800-AXP-EARN (297-3276) for more information. Participating partners and available rewards are subject to change without notice.

3 To receive triple points (1 base point plus 2 bonus points) on airfare and double points (1 base point plus 1 bonus point) on gas and grocery, (a) the purchase must be charged on the Premier Rewards Gold Card and (b) the merchant must submit the charge under the appropriate merchant code, industry code, or required service or product identifier. Only purchases of tickets on all major US passenger airlines and many international airlines, and charges at U.S. stand alone gas stations and supermarkets are eligible for bonus points. Charges at tour operators, charter flights, departments of superstores, or warehouse clubs are not eligible for bonus points. Membership Rewards program terms apply; visit membershiprewards.com/terms or call 800-AXP-EARN (297-3276).

4 The annual fee for the Premier Rewards Gold Card will be waived for the first year of Card membership. The annual fee for the Premier Rewards Gold Card is $175.

5 To use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points, you must charge travel with an enrolled Card at American Express Travel. Points will be debited from your program account and a credit for the corresponding dollar amount will be issued to the Card account you used. If the points redeemed do not cover the entire amount of the charge, the balance of the purchase price will remain on the Card account. Minimum redemption of 5,000 points. You will receive 1 bonus point for every 5 points you redeem for a Pay with Points transaction. To be eligible to earn bonus points, Card account(s) must be active and not in default at the time of bonus points fulfillment. Transactions charged to a Corporate Card are excluded. Bonus points will be credited to your Membership Rewards First account approximately 6-10 weeks after charges appear on your billing statement. Membership Rewards First® program Terms and Conditions apply; see membershiprewards.com/terms. Bonus ID 4880.

6 Valid for new bookings of a vacation package of $3,000 or more or an American Express Mariner Club cruise made through a U.S. American Express Travel Services location or americanexpress.com/gcd by 12/31/10. Booking must include a land and/or cruise component. Payment must be made with an American Express® Card in the Gold Card member's name. U.S. Gold Card member must travel on itinerary booked. Limit one amenity per booking. Three-stateroom limit per Card member, per sailing. May not be combined with group promotions or other offers, including Gold Card Destinations Hotel amenities, Platinum Destinations® Vacations and Cruise Privileges program. Offers and amenities are not transferable, subject to availability, and cannot be redeemed for cash or credit. Amenity varies by participating provider. Mariner Club host, shoreside events, and cocktail parties contingent on minimum number of passengers and subject to change. Additional restrictions may apply. American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc. acts solely as sales agent for travel suppliers and is not responsible for the acts or inactions of such suppliers. We want you to be aware that certain suppliers pay us commissions and other incentives, and may also provide incentives to our travel counselors. CST#1022318-10, ML#1192, Washington UBI#600-469-694, TA#002 - Registered Iowa Travel Agency, NV#2001-0126.

7 The following American Express Cards (domestic and/or international) are eligible for [Gold Card Events]: Gold Card, Platinum Card®, Centurion® Card, the Delta Reserve Credit Card, International Dollar Cards, Corporate Platinum Card and the Executive Business Card, Business Gold Card, Business Platinum Card, and Business Centurion Card from OPEN®, if issued by American Express Travel Related Services Company Inc., American Express Centurion Bank, or American Express Bank, FSB. [Gold Card Events] is not offered to the following (domestic and/or international) Cards that include, but are not limited to, select American Express Corporate Cards, Optima® Cards, Delta SkyMiles® Credit Cards, American Express Costco Credit Cards, American Express Cash Rebate Cards, Hilton HHonors® Credit Cards or Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Cards, Aeroplus® Credit Cards, AeroMexico® Cards, Indian Airlines® Cards, Air France® Cards, British Airways® Cards, KLM® Cards, Tiger Woods® Credit Cards.
      08-21-2011, 04:20 PM   #5
newuser
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: chevy

Thanks man.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2011, 06:34 PM   #6
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

got me approved, been putting off delaying for an amex card for a while, this pushed me over the edge. thanks man!
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2011, 06:59 PM   #7
Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
I can't put in my full address since its longer than 20 letters. Any ideas what to do.

Last edited by Seminole; 08-21-2011 at 07:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2011, 07:20 PM   #8
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
I can't put in my full address since its longer than 20 letters. Any ideas what to do.
Move.
      08-21-2011, 07:44 PM   #9
solefald
Nigerian Prince
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: '11 F25

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
got me approved, been putting off delaying for an amex card for a while, this pushed me over the edge. thanks man!
+1

Quote:
you can apply over the phone.

Just a heads up to people who don't know about these Amex cards. The balance must be paid in full every month. No exceptions.
      08-21-2011, 08:25 PM   #10
haig
Private
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefald View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post

Quote:
you can apply over the phone.

Just a heads up to people who don't know about these Amex cards. The balance must be paid in full every month. No exceptions.
I read that there's a $35 late fee for missed payments, but what happens if you don't pay off in full any given month? Please excuse my ignorance but couldn't find a definite answer on their website either
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2011, 08:28 PM   #11
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

Quote:
Originally Posted by haig View Post
I read that there's a $35 late fee for missed payments, but what happens if you don't pay off in full any given month? Please excuse my ignorance but couldn't find a definite answer on their website either
I believe they cancel the card after the first or second time (depending on how long you've been with them), and then almost immediately go into collections
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2011, 11:19 PM   #12
matthewk
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X6MC, 2022 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by haig View Post
It's a charge card not a credit card. Don't spend money you don't have. 1 they give you a late fee. 2. to the best of my recollection, they start the interest clock at 29.9% from the day of purchase on all charges on the card that you have not paid. 3. They cancel your card.

I live on my AMEX, don't carry cash as all and bank almost a quarter-million points a year. But again look at it like cash with an awesome points and consumer protection program, just don't spend money you don't have on it..

Oh yeah, it's also my understanding that they are the most rigorous reporting lenders on the planet. If you're late their reporting it to the 3 bureaus.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2011, 12:16 AM   #13
Turkeybaster115
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335I

This thing got closed and erased on other forums as SPAM. Moderators, please close this thing.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2011, 01:17 AM   #14
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 View Post
This thing got closed and erased on other forums as SPAM. Moderators, please close this thing.
SPAM? The OP is just spreading the news of this promo to the rest of OT and isn't advertising his own product or doing it to benefit himself. Threads like this are not new, like the $1 M&F annual subscription promo thread from a while back.

People who call on the almighty mods to close threads = "that kid" who reminded teachers when they forgot to pick up homework.
      08-22-2011, 02:02 AM   #15
Inspired
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 View Post
Definitely not spam...

Seems like a good card but can't justify paying $100+ annual fee..
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2011, 07:41 AM   #16
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbo335 View Post
Definitely not spam...

Seems like a good card but can't justify paying $100+ annual fee..

first year is free...after that you can cancel...

im about to sign up for this, what can the gift card be used towards? are there any restrictions? also, ive never really cared for frequent flyer miles....with 75K...where can i go for free? thanks

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2011, 07:52 AM   #17
Spool
Vietnam
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk View Post
It's a charge card not a credit card. Don't spend money you don't have. 1 they give you a late fee. 2. to the best of my recollection, they start the interest clock at 29.9% from the day of purchase on all charges on the card that you have not paid. 3. They cancel your card.

I live on my AMEX, don't carry cash as all and bank almost a quarter-million points a year. But again look at it like cash with an awesome points and consumer protection program, just don't spend money you don't have on it..

Oh yeah, it's also my understanding that they are the most rigorous reporting lenders on the planet. If you're late their reporting it to the 3 bureaus.

wait, so if you charge 100 bucks to the card, then they start the interest right away...so by the end of the month you'll be paying more, even if you pay on time? or does interest start once ur late..?

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2011, 09:21 AM   #18
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
wait, so if you charge 100 bucks to the card, then they start the interest right away...so by the end of the month you'll be paying more, even if you pay on time? or does interest start once ur late..?
It starts when you're late. Nobody will use a card that charges almost 30% even when you pay on time, no matter how exclusive it is lol.
      08-22-2011, 09:34 AM   #19
Spool
Vietnam
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
It starts when you're late. Nobody will use a card that charges almost 30% even when you pay on time, no matter how exclusive it is lol.

that's what i thought...just wanted to make sure...thanks

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2011, 09:37 AM   #20
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep

I use an Amex as my go to charge card. I never carry a balance more than 30 days. If you need a CC to finance an emergency expense. You are better off opening a new credit card with 0% for 18 months and paying it off over 3-6 months. Just don't be lazy and put off paying for something because you have 18 months at 0%.

I have 2 CCs for this reason. There have been tons of threads on this. Credit is extremely important in the world we live in. It needs to be treated with extreme care.
      08-22-2011, 09:58 AM   #21
Spool
Vietnam
Rep

okay i just got approved...but there is no limit on how much i can spend...wtf...i asked the rep and she say you can spend as much as you want..

does this mean i can buy a ferrari with it, and then sell it and then declare bankruptcy? or i can buy several bricks of gold and then sell it and declare bankrupt

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2011, 10:02 AM   #22
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
okay i just got approved...but there is no limit on how much i can spend...wtf...i asked the rep and she say you can spend as much as you want..

does this mean i can buy a ferrari with it, and then sell it and then declare bankruptcy? or i can buy several bricks of gold and then sell it and declare bankrupt
Ahhh... the American Dream..

Definitely go run up a huge amount of debt.. Obama will bail ya out!