E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > E93 coded Key FOB to open/close windows/mirrors and convertible top

07-13-2012, 10:20 PM   #23
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeinAlexandria View Post
Here is an excerpt from my post on a different forum. It relates to the roof, windows and mirrors and hopefully will clear up some questions.

In the CVM module...
Code:
KOMFORT_BEDIENUNG_E88_C05
wert_01 Roof does not open with Key Fob
wert_02 Windows lower partially and roof opens with Key Fob
The translation is Comfort Operation E88 C05

So, it works!!! Like magic, my roof did its thing.

Yet another update: Today I have comfort windows up and mirrors folded with the key fob!! Thankyou to neo_anderson for finding this!

Change:

Code:
FH_KOMFORTF_MIT_SUBST
 nicht_aktiv->aktiv
One press on lock now locks the doors. Press and hold folds the mirrors and rolls up the windows.

Next update:
My problem with the key fob roof open was that windows would go down partially and the roof folds up. Not bad but not exactly what I wanted (I want the windows to roll down all the way... and yes, thanks to NCSDUMMY, I found the code for that in CVM)

Code:
SCHEIBEN_FUNK_E88_C05   - Function of windows during remote roof operation       
    wert_01                     value 01  - windows roll down slightly to allow roof to retract
    wert_02                     value 02  - windows roll down fully and then roof retracts

SCHEIBEN_TASTER_E88_C05 - Function of windows during roof operation with console buttons     
    wert_01                     value 01 - roof closes windows remain lowered
    wert_02                     value 02 - roof closes.  Continue to hold down the console button and the windows roll up
With current software in the convertibles, I still have not found a way to raise the top without comfort access. I suspect there is a secret entry in the CVM/CTM modules that controls this. So if you want the top to open and close, don't update modules in the car. My car was already at sp daten 45, having been in built late summer of 2010. So no amount of tweaking has changed that. The one person I know with an E93 had this working till he went to the dealership for some work. They updated his car and all coding was lost. When he recoded everything, his top no longer closes by the remote, just the dash board button or using the key in the door.
I compared a CTM trc file of an 09 and the trc files were identical in every single line and was set exactly the same...Mine works and his doesnt! I think it has something to do with the CAS file thats not allowing the top to go up with the FOB....How can the module that controls the top not work when every single line scipt is the same and the settings!! I think more attention needs to be addressed in the CAS module.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 10:53 PM   #24
fmusignac
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW Z4 M40i

I have a new e93. Can someone please point me to how you get started with coding? What do you need? I have comfort access but want to code my mirrors to close and open with the top. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2012, 12:56 AM   #25
DESI4life10
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Coding: Desi4life10@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmusignac View Post
I have a new e93. Can someone please point me to how you get started with coding? What do you need? I have comfort access but want to code my mirrors to close and open with the top. Thanks!

See the sticky man. It's all there
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 05:15 PM   #26
geepmaley
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i Cabriolet

Anybody in Dallas get this working?

I have a '07 e93 328i with pretty much everything BUT comfort access
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 06:20 PM   #27
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by geepmaley View Post
Anybody in Dallas get this working?

I have a '07 e93 328i with pretty much everything BUT comfort access
If u have an 07 and the car never got a software update, then you should be able to have this function without comfort access. Just need someone to code it in for you!
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 06:28 PM   #28
geepmaley
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
If u have an 07 and the car never got a software update, then you should be able to have this function without comfort access. Just need someone to code it in for you!
Have no idea if the SW has been updated. Bought it used. Been to the dealer multiple times, so ???

How do you check?
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 06:58 PM   #29
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Have no idea if the SW has been updated. Bought it used. Been to the dealer multiple times, so ???

How do you check?
You can check with INPA.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 07:12 PM   #30
geepmaley
Rep

Quote:
You can check with INPA.
No idea what that is
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2012, 09:29 PM   #31
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No idea what that is
INPA is software which is very useful in diagnosing issues and testing components. Do a search and you would be surprised the wealth of info. Program can be downloaded free!
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2012, 09:23 PM   #32
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

Its confirmed. I just tried to code an 2008 E93 and I could not get keyfob to allow the top to go back up and close. I did get it open the top with the windows rolling down and mirrors folding open. Closing it was a different story..Once the top was down there was nothing working at all...If the top is in the close positon, then the key fob will close the windows and mirrors. I guess I will be the only one with this function working without Comfort Access in the whole entire country... I just dont understand why BMW did something to the modules to prevent this.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2012, 08:29 AM   #33
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36

After reading your thread, my hopes were high.
I guess you are the only one who got it working without comfort access.
Good work mate.
      08-09-2012, 09:32 AM   #34
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

There is something that changed in the CAS module thats not allowing the top to go up....

I compared CAS trc files and what I saw that I think might need to look into is this new script on OP Cas trc that I didnt have on mine..

FH_RELEASE_TOP_ZWSTLG script that was set to nicht_aktiv, change this line to aktiv
I wonder if I changed it, it would allow the lock on the trunk to enable top to go back.

WHen I press the lock button on the key fob, I did hear like a click noise but then nothing happened...What I believe is that the trunk has some type of locking device which needs to be opened to allow the trunk to raise and close...Can someone try this line on the CAS module to see if it works??? There were about 10 scripts lines that were added to the OPs CAS module that mine did not have...Out of all of them this one looked promising, so someone please try this and get back to me..

Last edited by cn555ic; 08-09-2012 at 10:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 02:03 AM   #35
Coly
Private
Rep
Drives: E93

Hey!
I have a convert with no comfort access or at least I don't think!
I can pull the roof down by holdin unlock but if I hold lock it simply locks the car.
I'd also want my mirrors folding in so I want exactly the same features as your video.
it's an 07 320i and it had some safety changes done in may. Dunno what software or anything is on there.
This is the first time ive looked at coding but I'm eager to buy the necessary tools and give it a crack!
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 03:16 PM   #36
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

Most likely you will not get the roof to close with the fob. You definitely can get windows and mirrors to open, and close only if top is closed.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 02:55 PM   #37
Ricapar
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E93 328i

Quote:
FH_RELEASE_TOP_ZWSTLG script that was set to nicht_aktiv, change this line to aktiv
I wonder if I changed it, it would allow the lock on the trunk to enable top to go back.
Hey there,

Just tried that one out - no luck there. I can bring the top down with the keyfob, but not back up.

However... I wasn't able to code the NFRM module. Missing some files. I'm still working out kinks in my copy of all the coding tools. I had everything set up perfectly for my previous E60, but apparently I didn't have a ton of files for E9x's.

So.. the part with:
Code:
NFRM MODULE
SPIEGEL_KOMFORT_EINKLAPP or ASP_KOMFORT_EINKLAPP
I didn't do... The top still goes down though!

I'll report back about it going up once I find the files I'm missing. It's most likely a combination of several options in a few modules.

I have a 2009 E93, with no comfort access.

Edit: Interesting... Not sure what I changed, but now the top seems to go down half way, and then stops. I have to wait 2-3 secs, and then push the keyfob button again, and then it completes the process. Any ideas on what could be causing that?

Last edited by Ricapar; 08-18-2012 at 03:34 PM.. Reason: more info
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 04:20 PM   #38
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

Sorry to say but it looks as though to get it to work for cars with new software, which basically means everyone except me, you need to buy smart top. It is not going to happen with coding for top to close. Sad but its reality.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 01:12 AM   #39
Edmond357
Rep
Drives: 330i E90

Hey
You are the Best

Thanks i also got it work without comfort access with the codes he told us

Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 11:36 PM   #40
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricapar View Post
Hey there,

Just tried that one out - no luck there. I can bring the top down with the keyfob, but not back up.

However... I wasn't able to code the NFRM module. Missing some files. I'm still working out kinks in my copy of all the coding tools. I had everything set up perfectly for my previous E60, but apparently I didn't have a ton of files for E9x's.

So.. the part with:
Code:
NFRM MODULE
I didn't do... The top still goes down though!

I'll report back about it going up once I find the files I'm missing. It's most likely a combination of several options in a few modules.

I have a 2009 E93, with no comfort access.

Edit: Interesting... Not sure what I changed, but now the top seems to go down half way, and then stops. I have to wait 2-3 secs, and then push the keyfob button again, and then it completes the process. Any ideas on what could be causing that?
KOMFORT_STOP_LADE_POS

turn this to nicht_aktiv
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 11:43 PM   #41
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmond357 View Post
Hey
You are the Best

Thanks i also got it work without comfort access with the codes he told us

Thats awesome I guess you and I are the only ones that have this working without Comfort access!

Appreciate 0
      09-11-2012, 07:12 PM   #42
Merlosso
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Results

Has anyone tried adding $322 (Comfort Access) to VO? Maybe if the car thinks it has CA then you'll be able to open/close the roof from the fob.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 02:18 AM   #43
alexwhittemore
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 Crimson 328i

Quote:
I have sucessfully coded to my car with NCSexpert to enable the key FOB to open/close the windows/mirrors/convertible top!!...

CAS MODULE (set both of these lines to aktiv)

KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB
FH_KOMFORTF_MIT_SUBST

CTM MODULE (all of these lines need to be set to aktiv, some may already be set to aktiv!) I am not sure its the same with CVM module..

KOMFORT_OEFFNEN_FBD
KOMFORT_LADE_POSITION
KOMFORT_SCHLIESS_FBD
SCHEIBEN_ANHEB_OEFF_FBD
SCHEIBEN_ANHEB_SCHL_FBD

NFRM MODULE

For the record, I just got this same hack working on an E90 2009 328i without comfort access. Interestingly, I don't think I have a CTM module, or at least it doesn't obviously show up in NCSEXPERT. Oddly, I do have the 5 line items you mention SOMEWHERE - they show up in my master backup. But I don't know where. At any rate, I only edited

CAS:
KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB
FH_KOMFORTF_MIT_SUBST

NFRM
SPIEGEL_KOMFORT_EINKLAPP

to aktiv. I did notice

KOMFORT_OEFFNEN_FBD
KOMFORT_LADE_POSITION
KOMFORT_SCHLIESS_FBD

are all aktiv as well by default, but the remaining two are nicht aktiv. Doesn't seem to matter in my case. Which kind of makes me wonder if all 3 of the modifications I did make are actually necessary

Anyway, it's kind of irrelevant here what worked for my E90, but this was the first thread that came up in a search so I figured I'd report findings for anyone else who comes across it.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 08:53 AM   #44
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexwhittemore View Post
For the record, I just got this same hack working on an E90 2009 328i without comfort access. Interestingly, I don't think I have a CTM module, or at least it doesn't obviously show up in NCSEXPERT. Oddly, I do have the 5 line items you mention SOMEWHERE - they show up in my master backup. But I don't know where. At any rate, I only edited

CAS:
KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB
FH_KOMFORTF_MIT_SUBST

NFRM
SPIEGEL_KOMFORT_EINKLAPP

to aktiv. I did notice

KOMFORT_OEFFNEN_FBD
KOMFORT_LADE_POSITION
KOMFORT_SCHLIESS_FBD

are all aktiv as well by default, but the remaining two are nicht aktiv. Doesn't seem to matter in my case. Which kind of makes me wonder if all 3 of the modifications I did make are actually necessary

Anyway, it's kind of irrelevant here what worked for my E90, but this was the first thread that came up in a search so I figured I'd report findings for anyone else who comes across it.
Since you have a E90 instead of E93 you do not have a CTM module as its for a convertible top and many of those scripts don't pertain to your car. This thread was made specifically for a E93.
Appreciate 0