E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Einszett Klima Cleaner

05-26-2011, 02:34 PM   #1
D_o_S
LCI'd
Rep
Drives: 335i LCI

Einszett Klima Cleaner

Hi guys,

has anyone successfully used this on a E90? I tried going down the center vent, but I can only get approx. 10 cm in, there is something blocking me from going further. Side vents are OK, but I'm afraid they're connected to the footwell vents, so anything down those will just drain out into the footwells.

Also, the BMW TIS for aircon disinfection states you should remove the front underbody protection before you disinfect - why so?

Any help greatly appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 06:23 PM   #2
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

I've contacted the USA rep for Einszett and I'll post an answer as soon as I hear back from him.

Greg @ DI
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 03:36 AM   #3
asus389
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 328i

Garage List
2011 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Curious about this as well...

Also, I have never taken apart the dash on an e90... I am assuming the center vents and connecting tubing coming from the AC unit are sealed from the rest of the dash? I'd rather avoid getting cleaning product in the electronics that sit very near/under the center vents.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 03:43 AM   #4
D_o_S
LCI'd
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detailed Image View Post
I've contacted the USA rep for Einszett and I'll post an answer as soon as I hear back from him.

Greg @ DI
Perfect, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 09:10 PM   #5
supahdave
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 AW 335i Sedan

Ihave used it on mine. Works great. On the center vents, i got ut as far in as i could and sprayed for 5 seconds and then did other vent. Let it sit for 30 mins. Started car and ran a/c for 20 mins on max. A/c no longer smells like feet.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2011, 01:07 AM   #6
TwinPowerF30
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe

Would using this void the warranty? If they open it up and see the leftover residue when doing any work.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2011, 05:49 AM   #7
TOGWT
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 630i

Quote:

Greg @ DI
Thanks Graig, I'm sure we would all appreciate the information
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2011, 10:23 AM   #8
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Here is the reply back from Einszett USA

"There shouldn’t be any issues with applying this on an E90. It has
been applied on the entire range of BMWs.

If directions are followed exactly, the owner should have the setting on
fresh air, direct air setting (not footwell, defrost modes). When inserting
the tube it may take a few attempts to get it in smoothly without hitting
anything. Once they insert it all the way in, they can begin application.

They can check out the following link for more help:
http://www.1z-usa.com/klima-cleaner_application.html

If the user is having any issues and doesn't feel like they're doing it
correctly, they should have a certified mechanic apply it for them."

If you have any other questions please let me know.

Greg @ DI
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2011, 12:30 PM   #9
robbie211
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, E36 M3

Garage List
2007 335i  [6.76]
I've used this on my E90 without any problems about 6 months ago. works great!
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2011, 03:31 AM   #10
TOGWT
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 630i

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie211 View Post
I've used this on my E90 without any problems about 6 months ago. works great!
Thank you for taking the time to get this information and posting it...
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 10:39 AM   #11
D_o_S
LCI'd
Rep

Quote:
Here is the reply back from Einszett USA

"There shouldn’t be any issues with applying this on an E90. It has
been applied on the entire range of BMWs.

If directions are followed exactly, the owner should have the setting on
fresh air, direct air setting (not footwell, defrost modes). When inserting
the tube it may take a few attempts to get it in smoothly without hitting
anything. Once they insert it all the way in, they can begin application.

They can check out the following link for more help:
http://www.1z-usa.com/klima-cleaner_application.html

If the user is having any issues and doesn't feel like they're doing it
correctly, they should have a certified mechanic apply it for them."

If you have any other questions please let me know.

Greg @ DI
Thanks,

well, it seems by the second paragraph that they expect you to have the air con con while applying it? As far as I understood it, I thought you should leave it switched off, wait 20 minutes, and then start the air con?

To the other people that have tried it: how far did you get the tube? Did you get it completely in (i.e. all the way to the start of the tube on the can)?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 12:25 PM   #12
TwinPowerF30
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe

The second paragraph is saying to set your vents into that position, turn off car, then apply it.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 01:49 PM   #13
D_o_S
LCI'd
Rep

Ok, so I got around to applying this today.

As hard as I tried, I couldn't get it down the center vents. I wanted to do it the proper way (take out the blower and spray through there), but as soon as I started removing the footwell aircon duct, I realized that this isn't something I want to do (too many pieces to remove, stuff could break, etc.).

In the end, I sprayed the whole can through the driver's side air vent. I could get the tube completely in this way. After I emptied the can, I checked the interor for leaks, and sure enough, the drain tube was leaking onto the carpet of the centre console. Oh well I thought... with frustration. I got a fan, dried the carpet. My word of advice: put a piece of paper between the plastic of the center console and the carpet. This will soak up some of the liquid, should it leak.

I then took the 20 minute break, as per instructions, but nothing was coming out of the drain tube at the bottom of the car. Oh bummer I thought, this is going to end up in my interior. My frustration and hopelessness increased.

Anyway, I had some lunch. I came back to the car about an hour later, checked for leaks, and the center tunnel was no longer wet, which I thought was good. I then started the car, opened the doors for a minute, and went for a drive.

Now, as I was pulling out from my yard, I noticed a steady trail of water (big droplets, almost continuous). I drove the car, stopping and checking fluid from the drain pipe. I drove and drove, and it was just leaking and leaking fluid, you could see droplets pouring down as if they were coming from a sprinkler or such. 2 hours later, when I came home (albeit with the air con on) there was still water coming from the drain pipes.

I also tried setting the fans to max with the button, this also caused water to gush out of the drain tube.

Lastly I dried the evaporator (temperature 22C, fan on, just compressor off). I couldn't see much water coming out after.

So, where was all this water comming from? I'm guessing most of it was the Klima Cleaner, and the rest was condensation from the air con. It wasn't a particularly hot day today, and we've had some rain, but to be honest, I don't remember the car leaking this much water even when it was new...

I'll post back in a few days in terms of smell/effectivity and amounts of water leakage.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 09:51 PM   #14
zorro333
Registered
Rep
Drives: 328i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_o_S View Post
Ok, so I got around to applying this today.

As hard as I tried, I couldn't get it down the center vents. I wanted to do it the proper way (take out the blower and spray through there), but as soon as I started removing the footwell aircon duct, I realized that this isn't something I want to do (too many pieces to remove, stuff could break, etc.).

In the end, I sprayed the whole can through the driver's side air vent. I could get the tube completely in this way. After I emptied the can, I checked the interor for leaks, and sure enough, the drain tube was leaking onto the carpet of the centre console. Oh well I thought... with frustration. I got a fan, dried the carpet. My word of advice: put a piece of paper between the plastic of the center console and the carpet. This will soak up some of the liquid, should it leak.

I then took the 20 minute break, as per instructions, but nothing was coming out of the drain tube at the bottom of the car. Oh bummer I thought, this is going to end up in my interior. My frustration and hopelessness increased.

Anyway, I had some lunch. I came back to the car about an hour later, checked for leaks, and the center tunnel was no longer wet, which I thought was good. I then started the car, opened the doors for a minute, and went for a drive.

Now, as I was pulling out from my yard, I noticed a steady trail of water (big droplets, almost continuous). I drove the car, stopping and checking fluid from the drain pipe. I drove and drove, and it was just leaking and leaking fluid, you could see droplets pouring down as if they were coming from a sprinkler or such. 2 hours later, when I came home (albeit with the air con on) there was still water coming from the drain pipes.

I also tried setting the fans to max with the button, this also caused water to gush out of the drain tube.

Lastly I dried the evaporator (temperature 22C, fan on, just compressor off). I couldn't see much water coming out after.

So, where was all this water comming from? I'm guessing most of it was the Klima Cleaner, and the rest was condensation from the air con. It wasn't a particularly hot day today, and we've had some rain, but to be honest, I don't remember the car leaking this much water even when it was new...

I'll post back in a few days in terms of smell/effectivity and amounts of water leakage.
Very interested in knowing what happened after applying the Klima Treatment.
How far were you able to insert the tube down the vent?
I have attempted the treatment n my e90 but have became discouraged when I can only push the tube down barely 2-3 inches into the center vents.
Did you find more leakage in the days that followed?

Has anyone been successful pushing the tube all the way through the center vents? If so, do you get the same leaking that is being reported?
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 04:44 PM   #15
E90 Skye
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

Hey guys, i just did this last friday with my e90.
after some messing with it I got the tube down pretty far in to the center vent. followed the instructions and sprayed for a while to the point where if you look carefully into the vent you could see some foam (barely). had enough left over to give to a friend who needed. Anyway...
Let it sit for 30 minutes, then let the a/c blast for 20-25 minutes on max (ended up driving to a store with the windows down with a/c on full blast b/c it'll give you a headache from the disinfectant/lysol-like smell if you don't roll the windows down.
It's been 5 days now and it smells great in the car, no nasty musky/feet smell when you first turn on the a/c. For about 2 days after it smelled a little like Lysol in the car however.
but that has since gone away and now it's more of a fresh smell.
Next step is to do a full interior detail (tomorrow) and shampoo the carpet/headliner and make it smell fairly new again...
(i have almost 98k miles on my car... bought it new in 2006)
CURRENT - E36 M3 Alpine White | BC Coils | FROMERLY - 2006 Jet Black 330i | Premium Package | ZF AT | LUX 4.0 | Jlevi M3 Front Bumper | CF Mtech spoiler | Gloss Black Grill | Msport wheel | Blacklines | Koni FSD + Eibach Pro-kit | BMS PBX
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2011, 11:27 AM   #16
D_o_S
LCI'd
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorro333 View Post
Very interested in knowing what happened after applying the Klima Treatment.
How far were you able to insert the tube down the vent?
I have attempted the treatment n my e90 but have became discouraged when I can only push the tube down barely 2-3 inches into the center vents.
Did you find more leakage in the days that followed?

Has anyone been successful pushing the tube all the way through the center vents? If so, do you get the same leaking that is being reported?
The center vents were simply a no-go for me. I got the tube 5 or 10 cm down.

The driver's side vent I managed to get the tube down completely (i.e. all the way to the white applicator nozzle thing).
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2011, 07:34 PM   #17
longhorn335
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 335i Coupe

I applied the Klima Cleaner through the center vent earlier today. The tube went in all the way after a few tries. Went back after 30 min to turn on AC, but is not blowing air.. electronics seem ok but no air comes out. I've tried all optiosn and temperatures and all vents. I hope I didnt mess up the blower or any other component. Any ideas?
      10-31-2011, 02:25 PM   #18
longhorn335
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 335i Coupe

FYI. A/C worked fine next morning..

In case anybody was worried and couldn't sleep wondering whatever happened to my car
      05-06-2012, 12:49 PM   #19
MarkAngelo
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Convertible

Where did you spray it?

So is the evaporator core located in the center vent?
I am thinking about spraying into the fresh air duct under the micro filter.

What's the best route?

Thanks,
Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by supahdave View Post
Ihave used it on mine. Works great. On the center vents, i got ut as far in as i could and sprayed for 5 seconds and then did other vent. Let it sit for 30 mins. Started car and ran a/c for 20 mins on max. A/c no longer smells like feet.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 04:00 PM   #20
hasta la pasta 27
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Chevy Silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkAngelo View Post
So is the evaporator core located in the center vent?
I am thinking about spraying into the fresh air duct under the micro filter.

What's the best route?

Thanks,
Mark

I would definietly like to know this aswell because i am changing my micro filter this week! Can we spray through vents aswell through the fresh air duct under microfilter??
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 02:34 AM   #21
D_o_S
LCI'd
Rep

Well, if you spray it through the fresh air duct, all you're going to do is foam-up and potentially short circuit the fan?

The tube I had would not pass through the fins on the fan.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 08:17 AM   #22
hasta la pasta 27
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Chevy Silverado

yea, figured it out last night lol. ended up going through the vents and the smell is gone!
Appreciate 0