E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > BMW MOD and BADGING Violations

06-25-2014, 01:10 PM   #1
EMITTR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 335is Coupe BSM

Garage List
BMW MOD and BADGING Violations

We've all seen them. Those BMWs caught violating the branding/badging or just really bad hacksaw mod jobs. If you see 'em post them here. Curious as to just how bad or widespread it is/can be? From subtle innuendo to flat out horrific. Do they deserve a Ticket? Fine them here!

This is for fun folks! Be gentle....! LOL.

I will post the first (and hopefully the last) ///M3i I have ever seen! On the prowl in Upland CA.

If this thread already exists somewhere let me know and will move it there. Seen many of these in separate topics but did not find one dedicated to violations. If I missed it - apologies.
Attached Images

'11 BSM DCT 7 Spd. 335is | RPi | aFe Magnum Flow Direct Fit | Interad DTM 10 Forged | Smoked Reflectors | Huper Optik Tint | Arkym Rear Diffuser | Cyba CF Quad Tips | iND CF CRT Rear Spoiler | COBB Protune | Turbosmart BPV | AutoCarbon CF Grills | Silver CF e-Brake | BMW CF Mirror Shrouds | M Perf. Steering Wheel v2 | KW DDC Coilovers w/WLAN | Interior Xenon LEDs | Custom 335is Accents | F/R Fenders Rolled & Pulled | New Pipes Baffle Delete

Last edited by EMITTR; 06-25-2014 at 01:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 01:15 PM   #2
Welcome to NBA Jam
Is it the shoes!?
Rep
Drives: (Sold) 2011 E92 335i ZMP 6MT

Oh I saw a good one the other day. I wish I stopped to take a picture.

It was an E39 528i with a crooked M5 badge and the cheesiest plastic fake side vents that were clearly glued on

Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 01:15 PM   #3
PR3CI5N
need4speed
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M 335i

06-25-2014, 01:23 PM   #4
EMITTR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some guy somewhere View Post
Oh I saw a good one the other day. I wish I stopped to take a picture.

It was an E39 528i with a crooked M5 badge and the cheesiest plastic fake side vents that were clearly glued on

Oh to take a supermodel and screw her up with "plastic surgery!" Those Frankensteinian "vents" actually sell then! Maybe more sales if they had a Carbon Fiber version - knock on wood.
'11 BSM DCT 7 Spd. 335is | RPi | aFe Magnum Flow Direct Fit | Interad DTM 10 Forged | Smoked Reflectors | Huper Optik Tint | Arkym Rear Diffuser | Cyba CF Quad Tips | iND CF CRT Rear Spoiler | COBB Protune | Turbosmart BPV | AutoCarbon CF Grills | Silver CF e-Brake | BMW CF Mirror Shrouds | M Perf. Steering Wheel v2 | KW DDC Coilovers w/WLAN | Interior Xenon LEDs | Custom 335is Accents | F/R Fenders Rolled & Pulled | New Pipes Baffle Delete
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 08:21 AM   #5
Longdoggy
Master Bates
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340 xDrive

Mentioned in another thread but this seems the more appropriate place:

I was cruising on the highway and some guy rode up on me then around me in a circa 2006 328i which had an M3 badge in place of the 328i and also had the M checkered flag decal across trunk. Stock rims and from all other appearance no other mods.
I could not resist as it was tough to look at, pulling around him quickly and opening up a gear to leave him in my rear view.

Whoever posted the Kia Sorento X3 needs to add to this thread. Huge violation.

RETIRED: 2011 E90 335i xDrive — Cobb AP3, PE Exhaust, Alpina TCU Flash, VRSF Charge Pipe
2017 Estoril Blue X1 M Sport — JB4
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 09:12 AM   #6
RoamPT
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 Dodge Charger SRT 392

Garage List
Not this thread again --" theres like a million thread about this. I wonder why people care so much about this, let them use the badge, it's their car who cares.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 09:33 AM   #7
fujitashi
Rep
Drives: bmw

I wish I stopped to take a picture.
      06-26-2014, 09:33 AM   #8
Bimmer.335i.
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i 6MT

Garage List
2007 BMW335i  [0.00]
don't have a pic. But I saw a C63 AMG with a M3 badge on the back lol
      06-26-2014, 09:35 AM   #9
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoamPT
Not this thread again --" theres like a million thread about this. I wonder why people care so much about this, let them use the badge, it's their car who cares.
I tend to think the same.

Speaking purely and hypotheticals, in my humble opinion, those of us willing to expend time and energy on at other people over things they do that have zero impact on their lives- whether about their choice in clothing or choice in what they do to their cars- really speaks to some issues about our own lives in my opinion.

I would look inside myself and try to sort out the reasons for these behaviors if I was that person, so I could hopefully address those issues within myself- a most challenging task indeed, granted, but necessary.

That said, I am one of the biggest offenders, but it is something I am working on, and hope to master someday.
Appreciate 1
      06-26-2014, 11:01 AM   #10
awesomee92
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer.335i. View Post
Wow..... the c63 amg is an awesome car why would someone do that
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 11:44 AM   #11
EMITTR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Knight_335 View Post

Speaking purely and hypotheticals, in my humble opinion, those of us willing to expend time and energy on at other people over things they do that have zero impact on their lives- whether about their choice in clothing or choice in what they do to their cars- really speaks to some issues about our own lives in my opinion.

I would look inside myself and try to sort out the reasons for these behaviors if I was that person, so I could hopefully address those issues within myself- a most challenging task indeed, granted, but necessary.

That said, I am one of the biggest offenders, but it is something I am working on, and hope to master someday.

Guess the both of you missed the "for fun" comment. Sounds like you need a thread just for you maybe...you know to look deep into your Freudian Id and help get that worked out....wow! Running around in a Batman Costume is not healthy either - just FYI.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 11:48 AM   #12
EMITTR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Would have been a good pic!
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 11:52 AM   #13
EMITTR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoamPT View Post
You cared enough to post your comment to the 1,000,001st thread (by your words). By your own logic - let us post about it, let us talk about their comical use of the badge or have you forgotten this is a CAR forum- what do you care if we post or not? Works both ways pal. Lighten up. Be happy. Drink less coffee.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 11:59 AM   #14
EMITTR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longdoggy View Post
Mentioned in another thread but this seems the more appropriate place:

I was cruising on the highway and some guy rode up on me then around me in a circa 2006 328i which had an M3 badge in place of the 328i and also had the M checkered flag decal across trunk. Stock rims and from all other appearance no other mods.
I could not resist as it was tough to look at, pulling around him quickly and opening up a gear to leave him in my rear view.

Whoever posted the Kia Sorento X3 needs to add to this thread. Huge violation.
I saw that. LOL!!!! There needs to be an award for that one.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 12:00 PM   #15
RoamPT
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 Dodge Charger SRT 392

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMITTR View Post
You cared enough to post your comment to the 1,000,001st thread (by your words). By your own logic - let us post about it, let us talk about their comical use of the badge or have you forgotten this is a CAR forum- what do you care if we post or not? Works both ways pal. Lighten up. Be happy. Drink less coffee.
I'm happy and i don't drink coffee sir. Yes i did post just to enlight you that no one cares of people who uses the m badges and to inform that there is a lot of threads like this already, and you should've just use one of them. Trust me this is a thread that doesn't go anywhere. I'm just trying to help.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 12:01 PM   #16
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMITTR
Quote:

Guess the both of you missed the "for fun" comment. Sounds like you need a thread just for you maybe...you know to look deep into your Freudian Id and help get that worked out....wow! Running around in a Batman Costume is not healthy either - just FYI.
At least I'm out there everyday, trying to save Gotham from this Joker asshole and doing some good for the world!

Guess I had that comin huh...

Did it ever occur to you some of these folks are doing it for fun, and to get attention? Looks like it worked.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 12:10 PM   #17
EMITTR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
At least I'm out there everyday, trying to save Gotham from this Joker asshole and doing some good for the world!

Guess I had that comin huh...

Did it ever occur to you some of these folks are doing it for fun, and to get attention? Looks like it worked.
Like the comeback! And yes and it does work. LOL.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 12:13 PM   #18
EMITTR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoamPT View Post
I'm happy and i don't drink coffee sir. Yes i did post just to enlight you that no one cares of people who uses the m badges and to inform that there is a lot of threads like this already, and you should've just use one of them. Trust me this is a thread that doesn't go anywhere. I'm just trying to help.
But yet you still contribute to the dead end thread...and you obviously care...? So where should it go? Ok on the coffee...whew! I am enlightened thank you and keep posting here if you want. And glad to hear you are happy. Stay that way - you live longer...well I think you do anyway.

Seriously though...no harm done with this thread. Even in Car culture there is social etiquette and the violations are just that. If you walk down the street in your underwear people will talk about you. You may want this and so this is why you walk down the street half naked...or you may just be plain crazy. Either way you get noticed and become the topic of many conversations. Just another violations thread...drive by it. That easy. And when it dies...ok no prob...as long as I don't go with it. That would suck for me.

Last edited by EMITTR; 06-26-2014 at 12:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 12:24 PM   #19
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep

Haha- you're alright man! This is how a forum interaction should be handled- I had one thread where I was poking at someone and they just completely went medieval calling me names and all types of fun stuff.

Happens too much around here, as you can see in so many threads.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 12:33 PM   #20
Bimmer.335i.
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i 6MT

Garage List
2007 BMW335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMITTR View Post
Would have been a good pic!
I may have the pic on my personal computer. Ill check later and try to post it
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomee92 View Post
Wow..... the c63 amg is an awesome car why would someone do that
may have the pic ill try posting later on if I can find it
      06-26-2014, 12:34 PM   #21
EMITTR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I may have the pic on my personal computer. Ill check later and try to post it

may have the pic ill try posting later on if I can find it
Sweet!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 12:39 PM   #22
EMITTR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Haha- you're alright man! This is how a forum interaction should be handled- I had one thread where I was poking at someone and they just completely went medieval calling me names and all types of fun stuff.

Happens too much around here, as you can see in so many threads.
Ditto! Oh yeah!!!! LOL!!! Seen much of that here...too much actually!!! I appreciate you not going medieval on my azz but I half expected it to tell you the truth, LOL! Nice to meet you!
Appreciate 0