E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > i saw the new B8 audi S4 today on the road in so cal

10-08-2009, 02:42 PM   #45
NewSong
Just another jerk in a hat...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Ford Focus

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
Now you are joking, when you park both cars side by side then the similarity goes, the R8 is in a different league on presence. I would seriously doubt anyone would look sideways at any BMW, Vette or Viper if an R8 was parked near by. Only a Porsche would command same kind of respect purely because of what it is.
Well I wouldn't say that.

The Viper and Vette look great, and unique enough to command attention. I agree with BMW, and I think Porsche would fall under the "unnoticed next to an R8" too because C2's are about as common as 335i's.

And he hath put a new song in my mouth.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 02:45 PM   #46
SouthCali335
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92/E46

Gator woke up on the wrong side of the dumpster today... What kind of car do you drive anyway with all your talk? I have an E46 coupe and an E92 coupe and i still think the 135 looks pretty cool, not like an amazing car or anything but for being what it is and having the N54 drive train you cant go wrong with that car and a few mods... Now Audi is a pile of utter dog sh!t, no car they have made other than the R8 is any good at all, they are slow good looking crappers that burn through 2 quarts of oil between every oil change and put down the shittiest numbers on a dyno i have seen for what they advertise... I owned a B6 S4 and it was just garbage... I know what audi is all about, false advertisement and eye candy, sorry if the smart buyer looks past the push button features... As nice looking as the R8 is thats all it is, nice looking... Still running that 4.2L V-8 engine, put it on a dyno and see what you get, now they finally threw a V-10 in there cause i think they started to realize what everyone else already knows...
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 03:11 PM   #47
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

I think the A5 looks great, the designer penned a few Alfa Romeo's and it shows. The 3 Series Coupé could be a bit more radical that it is, you could even call it old fashioned and a bit "damp".

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 03:19 PM   #48
NewSong
United_States
Rep

Man, this thread went to the shitter quick.

Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 03:48 PM   #49
SouthCali335
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewSong View Post
Man, this thread went to the shitter quick.
Well with window shoppers like gator in it thats what happens real quick...
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 04:56 PM   #50
NewSong
United_States
Rep

I still can't believe there are people who think the R8 is boring. The S5 maybe since it's a bit more conservative in its lines, but the R8? That really blows my mind.

Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 05:03 PM   #51
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
I'm not completely sold on the 1 series coupe looks either but there's a definite old school appeal to it that I can see why many would find attractive. Given the right paint job and I bet even I would be sold on one. Anyone remember the tii.

Last edited by southlight; 10-11-2009 at 01:02 PM.. Reason: -
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 07:52 PM   #52
Nikolas
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 996 TT

I like Lamp.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 08:41 PM   #53
domobrown
Banned
Austria
Rep
Drives: Audi RS5 S-Tronic

first a guy sees the new S4, then someone calls the 1 series ugly and the other bashes the "garbage" audi has produced the last 8 years. Great thread.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 08:43 PM   #54
domobrown
Banned
Austria
Rep
Drives: Audi RS5 S-Tronic

Quote:
Originally Posted by graider View Post
somehow I do bro. there is a grey r8 v8 park in my building everyday. lol. I don't even care to look at it anymore. it just doesn't have that aggressiveness. more like round and softness which I'm not attract to. if you like the tt, you will like the r8. if you don't like the tt, then you won't like the r8 that much either. i'm in the latter group.

as for the s5. it got lot of hype at first, but now i think it is boring every time i see one. I see them around lot already.

I own one doesn't mean I can't tell which one look good or not. If the audi look good and stand the test of time, i will buy it too. why not right? the point is they don't IMO.

I'm talking about real life observation, not staring at pics on the computer as they don't reflect the trueness of how the car impress you in real life.

the logic of "if you own the car, then you bias toward it" is getting kinda old, don't you think?

as far as two seater is concerned, I think the c6 z06 and gt3 shape are more exciting to look at than the r8 and I'm still not bored of them yet even I see them quite a few time too. Just to give you an idea of where I'm coming from.
Gotcha, understandable. I do think I am quite biased towards cars I've owned though lol
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 08:46 PM   #55
NewSong
United_States
Rep

Cool

I mean, I could see 8-10% since the N54 might be slightly underrated, but 3.3%?

Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 09:22 PM   #56
fatmatt0116
Hooligan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S

more please, GatorBlue what kind of car do you actually own anyhow, an audi?

2014 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
2011 X5 5.0 Dinan - SOLD
2007 Imola Red Z4 M Coupe -SOLD
2004 Navy Blue BMW 325Ci
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 09:54 PM   #57
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
I mean, I could see 8-10% since the N54 might be slightly underrated, but 3.3%?
It is Witchcraft!

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 10:47 PM   #58
SouthCali335
Banned
Rep

Group hug
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2009, 02:20 AM   #59
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
It's amazing how some people hang on dyno figures as if it's the most important thing there is, it's laughable. Results are the only thing that's important and dyno results don't usually match acceleration results as well as power to weight.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2009, 02:27 AM   #60
dexter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' space grey 335i/ E30 3er

WOW.... my thread turned into shit fast. i don't know how, or why for that matter we went from my sighting of the new S4, to this bitching back and forth and throwing harsh insults at each other on the internet...pathetic. and i want to be clear, i'm not bashing the new S4 at all. i like it, just surprised at the subtlety of the car on the road. for the record i think the B7 RS4 is hands down one of the most beautiful saloons on the road, and will absolutely stand the test of time. CLOSE THREAD
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2009, 05:12 AM   #61
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter View Post
WOW.... my thread turned into shit fast. i don't know how, or why for that matter we went from my sighting of the new S4, to this bitching back and forth and throwing harsh insults at each other on the internet...pathetic. and i want to be clear, i'm not bashing the new S4 at all. i like it, just surprised at the subtlety of the car on the road. for the record i think the B7 RS4 is hands down one of the most beautiful saloons on the road, and will absolutely stand the test of time. CLOSE THREAD
Yeah, sadly this is what happens to most threads where the subject matter isn't BMW or the subject turns to a comparison between brands, no matter which brand is chosen.

On the subject of the S4 looks, this has always need the S models way, subtle styling with decent performance. A quick car that flys below the radar.

Some people like that idea while other don't. The only thing I do disagree with is offering a very similar S-Line bodykit, I no preblem with a kit being offered but make it different.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2009, 10:34 AM   #62
NewSong
United_States
Rep

Thumbs up

Quote:
Too much fanboyism, not enough maturity. Perfect formula for disaster.

Appreciate 0
      10-09-2009, 10:36 AM   #63
Nikolas
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 996 TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
Yeah, sadly this is what happens to most threads where the subject matter isn't BMW or the subject turns to a comparison between brands, no matter which brand is chosen.

On the subject of the S4 looks, this has always need the S models way, subtle styling with decent performance. A quick car that flys below the radar.

Some people like that idea while other don't. The only thing I do disagree with is offering a very similar S-Line bodykit, I no preblem with a kit being offered but make it different.
Same with BMW - M sport package.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2009, 02:27 PM   #64
guardianangel3290
Free at last
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2006 Audi S-line Quattro

Quote:
Too much fanboyism, not enough maturity. Perfect formula for disaster.
this

**If the possibility exists that you may have "failed" in either a normal or "epic" fashion, please follow this link.**
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2009, 07:09 PM   #65
adrian1480
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 435icp

Quote:
I still can't believe there are people who think the R8 is boring. The S5 maybe since it's a bit more conservative in its lines, but the R8? That really blows my mind.
totally agreed. S5 and R8 are probably 2 of the sexiest cars on the planet. whether they're worth their price tags is a matter of debate.

that being said, GatorBlue is an asshat troll, and I'm surprised he's not been banned yet. he started by attacking another posters choice in vehicle for no apparent reason...then kept going assholish on him.

simple respect is always warranted...even if you disagree with the conclusions.
The credit belongs to those who are actually in the arena, who strive valiantly, who know the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spend themselves in a worthy cause; who, at the best, know the triumph of high achievement and who, at the worst, if they fail, fail while daring greatly so that their place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2009, 01:37 PM   #66
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
I deleted some posts and handed out infractions for the most offensive comments.

All, feel free to let us know and use the report button whenever you see inappropriate posts. Thanks!

Best regards,
south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0