E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Titanium X-Pipe supplier?

03-11-2013, 09:43 AM   #1
MikeR1994
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 e90 325i, 05 325Ci (RIP)

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Titanium X-Pipe supplier?

Does anyone know of a company that sells titanium x pipes separate from their full systems? I realize that it takes a ton of fabrication to make them since it can't actually be bent, but I figure someone probably sells them. I could always get a race shop around here to make me one but I don't want to do that if I don't have to. Also it is going to be for a custom system so it doesn't have to be vehicle specific, just 2-2.25" in diameter and a somewhat narrow.
I'd really like to use titanium but I may just start with SS and see if I like the layout of the system. I've got access to a Miller TIG welder so theoretically I could fab the x pipe myself, but I'm worried that I wouldn't have sufficient gas coverage and I'd end up wasting an expensive material.
Active Autowerke Stage II | MMW CSv2 Exhaust | MMW Catless Headers | BC Racing BR Extreme Low Coilovers | custom adjustable rear suspension links | 19" Hyperblack CSL's | M3 style front | trim wrapped in brushed steel vinyl | Slightly smoked tail lights with clear reverse lights | factory xenons

Appreciate 0