E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > BMW Mountain View Service

06-02-2008, 04:00 PM   #1
hkj
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
BMW Mountain View Service

Anyone tried to schedule a service appointment with them lately?

I called them about 10 minutes ago trying to get my peeling door handle taken care of, and the lady on the phone told me that "the technicians and service advisors are not available" to work on customers' cars.

She was being vague as to why and when their service department will be open again. I then asked if people were on strike and she said "yes, sorry for the inconvenience"..

?????

I don't know what's going on there but thought I'd post here to see if anyone else experienced this too. I hope it wasn't someone pulling a prank on me... hahah

-hkj

Last edited by hkj; 06-02-2008 at 04:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2008, 04:15 PM   #2
shragon
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkj View Post
Anyone tried to schedule a service appointment with them lately?

I called them about 10 minutes ago trying to get my peeling door handle taken care of, and the lady on the phone told me that "the technicians and service advisors are not avariable" to work on customers' cars.

She was being vague as to why and when their service department will be open again. I then asked if people were on strike and she said "yes, sorry for the inconvenience"..

?????

I don't know what's going on there but thought I'd post here to see if anyone else experienced this too. I hope it wasn't someone pulling a prank on me... hahah

-hkj
hmmm that's interesting.

i usually get transfered to the appointment desk where they are not able to answer my phone call and i have to leave a voice mail. but i usually get a call back within a half hour.

you can now also make an appointment online for bmw mt view, but i have not tried it yet. www.bmwappointment.com
      06-02-2008, 04:25 PM   #3
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Take it to BMW of Fremont. The SA there are pretty cool.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2008, 04:36 PM   #4
hkj
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shragon View Post
hmmm that's interesting.

i usually get transfered to the appointment desk where they are not able to answer my phone call and i have to leave a voice mail. but i usually get a call back within a half hour.

you can now also make an appointment online for bmw mt view, but i have not tried it yet. www.bmwappointment.com

It's weird, I'm going to try to swing by after work today to find out what's going on..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny@JleviSW
Take it to BMW of Fremont. The SA there are pretty cool.
Yeah it's going to be either them or Stevens Creek. You know any SA in Fremont that I should ask for?

thanks,
-hkj
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2008, 04:39 PM   #5
Chowbow
pew pew
Rep
Drives: 三三五i

Garage List
I walked in there once and had a bad experience with service. They kinda blew me off since I didn't buy the car there and was looking for a "good will" warranty service with my bubbled tire. Understandable, but if they had helped me out I would continue to bring my car there.

My sales experience there was equally bad. I was basically going in to buy and they didn't have what I wanted, so I asked them to find the car and call me. Didn't hear from them again, and BMW SF had the car I was looking for. MV BMW could have easily located that one.
      06-02-2008, 05:18 PM   #6
shragon
No_Country
Rep

i've concluded that a lot of times how good sales and service is really depends on who you deal with. i service my car at mt view since i got my car there and it's working out fine. when i was shopping for my car, my CA worked with me to find the car i really wanted (did a dealer trade while the car was still on the boat).

that said, i've had bad experiences at peter pan bmw, fremont bmw, and stevens creek bmw.

i'm not going to shut them out except for stevens creek. i will not patronage stevens creek. when i was shopping for my car they were playing games and also wanted to charge me an extra $1k fee to do a dealer trade with an in-network dealer. i've also had several bad experiences with their parts department. when my dad was shopping for his car, he also had a bad experience with stevens creek.

anyway, if any of you need a CA or SA referral at bmw mt view, please feel free to PM me.
      06-02-2008, 05:27 PM   #7
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Yeah it's going to be either them or Stevens Creek. You know any SA in Fremont that I should ask for?
I've dealt with Albert a few times and he's been pretty cool. Most of the SA are pretty nice actually. I dont think you can go wrong with them.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2008, 02:09 AM   #8
Kadarin
Ambassador of Crunk
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG/blk '08 E92 M3

I was at BMW of Mountain View today, and the reason why you couldn't make an appointment is because their mechanics are on strike.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2008, 12:09 PM   #9
Chowbow
pew pew
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
i've concluded that a lot of times how good sales and service is really depends on who you deal with. i service my car at mt view since i got my car there and it's working out fine. when i was shopping for my car, my CA worked with me to find the car i really wanted (did a dealer trade while the car was still on the boat).

that said, i've had bad experiences at peter pan bmw, fremont bmw, and stevens creek bmw.

i'm not going to shut them out except for stevens creek. i will not patronage stevens creek. when i was shopping for my car they were playing games and also wanted to charge me an extra $1k fee to do a dealer trade with an in-network dealer. i've also had several bad experiences with their parts department. when my dad was shopping for his car, he also had a bad experience with stevens creek.

anyway, if any of you need a CA or SA referral at bmw mt view, please feel free to PM me.
I agree. Experience varies more from person to person rather than dealer to dealer. However, management at a dealer should affect the employees and "top down" efforts can be seen at some. East Bay is just about always friendly to me and since I've already come across a pretty good SA there, I see no reason to go to MV even though it's close to my work.
      06-03-2008, 02:01 PM   #10
shragon
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowbow View Post
I agree. Experience varies more from person to person rather than dealer to dealer. However, management at a dealer should affect the employees and "top down" efforts can be seen at some. East Bay is just about always friendly to me and since I've already come across a pretty good SA there, I see no reason to go to MV even though it's close to my work.
i always hear about good things about east bay bmw and their good service. i'd like to give them a try, but that'd be quite a trek for me.
      06-03-2008, 02:03 PM   #11
shragon
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadarin View Post
I was at BMW of Mountain View today, and the reason why you couldn't make an appointment is because their mechanics are on strike.
yea, my friend confirmed it yesterday by telling me the same thing. he said mountain view is sending all their service customers to fremont bmw for the time being.

any idea what the mechanics are striking about?
      06-03-2008, 07:06 PM   #12
hkj
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Good find guys! Thanks for confirming it for me. Time to give Fremont a call.

-hkj
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2008, 08:07 PM   #13
guycollege
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i AT Electric Red

i called in for some break service and they were basically trying to hide the fact ..

That their workers are on strike. This will be horrible for BMW mountainview ratings. I wanna bring my car to Fremont, do they give you any trouble if you're from MV?

Quote:
Good find guys! Thanks for confirming it for me. Time to give Fremont a call.

-hkj
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2008, 08:24 PM   #14
BMWE90
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by guycollege View Post
That their workers are on strike. This will be horrible for BMW mountainview ratings. I wanna bring my car to Fremont, do they give you any trouble if you're from MV?
No because they're both owned by the same auto group. Even if they weren't, I cant imagine why they would.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 12:54 AM   #15
hkj
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Yeah I agree.. should be no trouble.

Dealerships make money from performing services on our cars (whether it's from us or from BMWNA), so they always welcome people to bring their cars in.

-hkj
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 01:32 AM   #16
mini_coopertech
Registered
Rep
Drives: gmc sierra

Bmw and mini of mountain view on strike

BMW AND MINI OF MOUNTAIN VIEW ON STRIKE.

I am a technician at mini of mountain view. yes we are currently are on strike due to autonations garbage contract offer. We are not asking for more, we asked to keep what we had. they are trying to take away 5 holidays a year. cut our pay, make us go on there medical plan. take away our 401k plan, make us a flat rate shop with no gaurentee, cut our vacation time, and force saterday shifts. I have only been at this shop for 2 and half years as a tech, and some of these old timers have been here for years, and have family, who can not afford the contract they are offering us. please call the store give em hell. ask for service manager brian nelson. complete jerk. pleaes SUPPORT US!. GIVE US A HONK or 10. we love our loyal customers and we love our job. we just need a contract thats sufficient enough for us to get by. thanks for reading.!!
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 05:41 AM   #17
Kadarin
Ambassador of Crunk
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG/blk '08 E92 M3

mini_coopertech, I wish you guys the best of luck and hope you get what you're asking for.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 12:06 PM   #18
merrangel
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmx

Question

Quote:

My boy-friend went to Peter Pan to get some warranty work done and they did not want to help him at all. I'm pretty sure they are racist over there because he is a Latino and they took all the white people who arrived after him first and offered them a seat and water, when they did not offer him anything. After waiting an hour and a half for service, they finally told him that what he needed done was not covered under warranty!! So he decided to go to BMW in Mountain View where they told him everything he needed done was covered and started to take care of it. They were very helpful and considerate. But, in the midst of all this, they go on strike....
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 12:48 PM   #19
shragon
No_Country
Rep

heard through the grape vine that they've been towing some cars over from mt view to fremont to get the service done.
      06-04-2008, 11:33 PM   #20
MountainViewtec
Registered
Rep

We the technicians and advisors went out on strike due to major issues in contract negotiations. At stake is loss of all our sick pay, 4 holidays, paycuts in hourly rate, a switch to a flatrate or commision based sytem, major cuts/losses in healthcare. None of us could afford to work under those conditions-it is cheaper to stand on the sidewalk. Autonation, our parent company, is a fortune 500 company, more than able to provide for its employees but chooses not to. Cutting our benefits will not lower the door rate, putting us a piecework/commision system will affect you-we as the techs and advisors do not want that. Yes, Autonation also owns BMW of Fremont we do not support that store at this time as well. We all apologize for this, we tried for 3 months prior to the strike to aviod this event. All we ask is your loyalty and a honk if you drive by. We all hope for a positive result.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2008, 12:54 PM   #21
Chowbow
pew pew
Rep

Garage List
Saw you guys out there this morning... Gave you guys a honk and hopefully things get resolved for you guys. Even though I won't be going there often, I don't think it's cool to re-write the contracts in such a harsh way. My buddy who's a GM tech had the same thing happen and they nearly went on strike, but the union ended up making a pretty lousy negotiation, but did get SOME of the things the techs wanted...

Good luck.
      06-08-2008, 06:51 PM   #22
hkj
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mini_coopertech
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainViewtec
Hey guys, thanks for chiming in and let us know the situation over there. I sure hope Autonation steps up and make it right for you guys. I've always had plesant experiences in the past having my car fixed at BMW Mountain View.

-hkj
Appreciate 0