Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > yes, you too can drive 80mph on a flat RunFlat!!!

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

06-03-2006, 12:05 PM   #23
ALPINE6SPD
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpbyb1ood
so wait...you can't get the run-flats patched? if a run-flat were ever to get punctured, you would have to buy a completly new tire???

YES you can not repair a run flat tire. People here want service to do it all the time and its a big No No from BMW. I would never patch a tire anyways. Your risking a repair on a tire that could blow out on the highway because you dont want to spend $250. Just doesnt make any sense to me. Even is its a non run flat why not just get a new tire for the safety and security of a new tire?
2008 AW X3 3.0si: 6 speed Returned
2006 AW e90 330i: 6 speed Dinan Stage 1 Returned
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2006, 09:49 PM   #24
wrestleSBA
Private
Rep
Drives: 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vu
took care of business at the job site, then headed back to the office about 35 miles away). i reset the tire pressure monitor on the IDrive screen, cool tire monitor caution screen gone. got on the freeway.. sure enough about 5 minutes in (again at 80mph cruising speed) the tire caution pops up. so i figured something is really low on air.. exited to a gas station.. rear tire looked sorta low. thinking to myslef, "fuck.. i got a nail in the rear tire.. damn it" hoping it was a slow leak put air in it. all i could hear was air rushing out somewhere else on the tire. dang it!
How did you manage to reset the warning? I have had a tire with low pressure for a while (can't find the puncture) and still have another day or so to go before I can get into the dealership. I would love to make the warning go away now that the tire is back up to pressure and then let it warn me when it gets low again.

I haven't been able to figure out how to reset that for the life of me.

If anyone out there knows how or if this is possible without being at the dealership please share!

Thanks