E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > C.A. unlocking issues

03-23-2013, 04:05 PM   #1
MrQuickR1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

C.A. unlocking issues

Anyone know of or had this happen to them with their "comfort access?"

Not all the time, once in a while I will walk up to the car and press the unlock on the fob, no response. As I get to the car I try again and no response. I put my hand on the handle and it makes a loud clicking noise (sounds like starting a car with a bad battery and all you get is that clicking noise) then it unlocks.
It's fine after that but happens again once in a while.

When I first got the car, that night the doors would not unlock even after opening it manually, sitting in it wouldn't unlock from the fob and the central lock/unlock button inside the car. I was trapped in the car lol.
Eventually from googling it came up as a fuse blown.
Checked it and that was it, I only had a 20 amp fuse on hand and it took 15 if I remember these #'s right.
Never happened again and heard you should put a higher amp fuse to keep from happening again.
So maybe this is trying to happen again, blow a fuse but can't because the higher amp fuse prevents it?
Or is it just a door lock actuator?
Ya have to love BMW quality lol
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 10:09 PM   #2
MrQuickR1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

Never mind, I believe the battery cable connector recall is the issue.
This copied from the sib

The vehicle electrical system fails completely and one or more of the following faults may occur:
 The vehicle fails to start.
 The central locking system fails to operate with the remote key.
 The key cannot be inserted into the key slot.
 Communication to the vehicle is not possible using ISTA (Integrated Technical Service Application).
Appreciate 0