E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > It just took 15 minutes for my laptop to boot up

03-23-2010, 11:30 PM   #23
samwoo2go
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Win7=Win X 7
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 12:05 AM   #24
Gearcraft
misadventurer
Philippines
Rep
Drives: bubbie mystic blue whale

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
Vista = FAIL
ive had it for 3 years using CAD programs, rendering programs, CS3, and a few games in between school work with no serious problems. it always recovered whenever something had gotten messed up. i now have win7 and never had a problem. i only turn it off when i drive from home to school and back. my computer boots up in about 30 sec and gets my work done.

and no im not a fanboy. if somebody gives me a macbook for free ill take it and use it too. but my computer gets my work done and to keep to the topic... it boots fast.
      03-24-2010, 12:10 AM   #25
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: ///M323 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
i must call you out jaykay, you said i looked like a douche getting a bimmer shirt, and you are putting your mac on a table for chicks
Hahaa. Well if you have it, use it. School made us all buy one so we can run the patient record software that they use in the on campus clinic and labs. We had to pay $1500 and had the choice between some Dell POS that wasn't even worth $1500 retail, a Sony Vio (or whatever the f they are), and a Macbook pro. The only one that came close and well exceeded what I was paying price wise was the Mac. You bet I got it.

I got a VGA->HDMI cable and have it plugged into my TV in the living room with the new Hulu app installed that works with the computers remote.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 04:55 PM   #26
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post
Hahaa. Well if you have it, use it. School made us all buy one so we can run the patient record software that they use in the on campus clinic and labs. We had to pay $1500 and had the choice between some Dell POS that wasn't even worth $1500 retail, a Sony Vio (or whatever the f they are), and a Macbook pro. The only one that came close and well exceeded what I was paying price wise was the Mac. You bet I got it.

I got a VGA->HDMI cable and have it plugged into my TV in the living room with the new Hulu app installed that works with the computers remote.
i want a mac, but i dont have the $ for it yet, i spent it on my crib, car, and mary j
      03-24-2010, 05:07 PM   #27
solefald
Nigerian Prince
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: '11 F25

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
this message was written on a Mac mini

03-24-2010, 05:48 PM   #28
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearcraft View Post
ive had it for 3 years using CAD programs, rendering programs, CS3, and a few games in between school work with no serious problems. it always recovered whenever something had gotten messed up. i now have win7 and never had a problem. i only turn it off when i drive from home to school and back. my computer boots up in about 30 sec and gets my work done.

and no im not a fanboy. if somebody gives me a macbook for free ill take it and use it too. but my computer gets my work done and to keep to the topic... it boots fast.
My situation has been the total opposite. I've gone through 4 Vista powered laptops and they've all crapped out within 8 months and had to be replaced for one reason or another (because I'm not about to pay more than the thing's worth to fix it) and my data totally LOST. I've given Windows 7 a try and it seems to be much better, but I won't pick it up until my Mac, which has been going strong for a few years, meets its end.
      03-24-2010, 06:36 PM   #29
Gearcraft
misadventurer
Philippines
Rep

Quote:
My situation has been the total opposite. I've gone through 4 Vista powered laptops and they've all crapped out within 8 months and had to be replaced for one reason or another (because I'm not about to pay more than the thing's worth to fix it) and my data totally LOST. I've given Windows 7 a try and it seems to be much better, but I won't pick it up until my Mac, which has been going strong for a few years, meets its end.
wow. thats a fail then for you.
      03-24-2010, 06:59 PM   #30
ibeclueless
What
Rep
Drives: E92 328xi

that is way too slow for startup

My E92 Photos
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 07:29 PM   #31
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearcraft View Post
wow. thats a fail then for you.
mhmm. thing is, i never had problems with xp. matter of fact i had only 1 laptop the entire time xp was on the market, so vista's fails were a pretty big surprise to me
      03-24-2010, 07:53 PM   #32
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Quote:
mhmm. thing is, i never had problems with xp. matter of fact i had only 1 laptop the entire time xp was on the market, so vista's fails were a pretty big surprise to me
ive had vista 64 bit and ive had zero problems, run a malwarebytes scan once a month and no problems other than the occasional freeze do to to many processes running, ctrl-alt-del and fixed...did you download any of the service packs?
      03-24-2010, 08:11 PM   #33
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep

Quote:
ive had vista 64 bit and ive had zero problems, run a malwarebytes scan once a month and no problems other than the occasional freeze do to to many processes running, ctrl-alt-del and fixed...did you download any of the service packs?
yeah, i would update whenever it told me to and once in a while would manually check to see if there were any updates still left to perform. i didn't download filesharing programs like limewire or bittorrent and had mcafee on each computer
      03-24-2010, 08:56 PM   #34
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Quote:
yeah, i would update whenever it told me to and once in a while would manually check to see if there were any updates still left to perform. i didn't download filesharing programs like limewire or bittorrent and had mcafee on each computer
thats the problem, kaspersky FTW, right now i have zero protection and i use bittorrent religously and no problems, malwarebytes and superantispyware
      03-25-2010, 10:51 AM   #35
335e92tx
ahat
Rep
Drives: Was '07-335e92 - Now '13-335IS

Re: get a mac.

Yeah, and get an iPhone while your at it.

http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=5...er&tag=nl.e589
Pwn2Own 2010: iPhone hacked, SMS database hijacked

'13 335IS N54 (1 of 373 LeMans Blue out of 3597 total production e92)- Grey interior (1 of 24 in LMB with any trans- 1 of 14 with DCT)-MODS -MFactory LSD/MHD-BQ custom Tune/ATM-IC/AFE Momentum GT Intake/Konis/Mfront&HeimJoint Rear rods&arms/Brembos.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Lo6aHZRo7XqtPkhL8
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2010, 01:14 PM   #36
Gearcraft
misadventurer
Philippines
Rep

Quote:
thats the problem, kaspersky FTW, right now i have zero protection and i use bittorrent religously and no problems, malwarebytes and superantispyware
+1 could be the kaspersky thats been helping my computer. i also used cccleaner and clean up my registry. kaspersky is cheap on ebay. maybe 10 bucks for each license. sometimes you can even get a 3 license for cheap. cccleaner is free. vista security i think is not enough.