E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > *Official Ohio Chat Thread*

01-01-2015, 04:38 PM   #2399
spkcadet
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 JGC Summit

I had my lights done by OSS on my old BMW, he does amazing work to be honest. Always got compliments on how great they looked. Judging by your pics he still does some great work. I still have no idea who got my old e93 335i. Wouldnt mind finding out who got it.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 08:58 AM   #2400
JaSSon
Down with the N54.
Rep
Drives: I has a E92!

Well, shoot. Guess who has a downed BMW (again?). On my commute home wednesday I got a low coolant notification. Coolant is indeed low and has a film on top. Who wants to guess what color my oil was when I opened the fill cap?

I don't see any external leaks, and the car runs fine, so my best guess is the OFH gasket failed internally. The gasket is available locally for ~$25, so I can get this job done this weekend. Should only take an afternoon including flushing the oil and the coolant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spkcadet View Post
I had my lights done by OSS on my old BMW, he does amazing work to be honest. Always got compliments on how great they looked. Judging by your pics he still does some great work. I still have no idea who got my old e93 335i. Wouldnt mind finding out who got it.
Old BMW? I wish I would have known, I would have traded you my stockers and thrown some cash your way.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 10:23 AM   #2401
thompsac25
Stance to make her dance
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by spkcadet View Post
I'm actually having issues with my headlights now. Mine was the very first RGB prelci sedan lights that OSS has done, so maybe thats why Im having issues. Anyway, RED isnt being displayed and therefore any color that uses RED, also does not display. Luis at OSS says that the resistors/drivers for RED have gone bad, most likely a faulty product. So I have to wait for OSS to get their loaner DEPO set back in, then ship to me, then remove my headlights and send back to OSS for him to fix. Its gonna be another long process. Im actually going to have him put in WHITE DTM angel eyes instead, with a red demon eye. I think itll look a little classier, also without the hassle of changing colors when I pass any 5-0
      01-02-2015, 12:53 PM   #2402
SUHleen
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by thompsac25 View Post
I'm actually having issues with my headlights now. Mine was the very first RGB prelci sedan lights that OSS has done, so maybe thats why Im having issues. Anyway, RED isnt being displayed and therefore any color that uses RED, also does not display. Luis at OSS says that the resistors/drivers for RED have gone bad, most likely a faulty product. So I have to wait for OSS to get their loaner DEPO set back in, then ship to me, then remove my headlights and send back to OSS for him to fix. Its gonna be another long process. Im actually going to have him put in WHITE DTM angel eyes instead, with a red demon eye. I think itll look a little classier, also without the hassle of changing colors when I pass any 5-0
I think that will look better and way cleaner. That was my plan when I get my headlights done.

Are you having a red LED put behind the shroud? Or are you painting the shield red? They both look good and both have their ups and downs
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 12:57 PM   #2403
thompsac25
Stance to make her dance
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUHleen View Post
I think that will look better and way cleaner. That was my plan when I get my headlights done.

Are you having a red LED put behind the shroud? Or are you painting the shield red? They both look good and both have their ups and downs
Agreed. I think itll look cleaner as well.

Itll be a red LED that I can turn on/off when I want. I already have a red pin stripe on the "LCI eyebrow", so I dont think I want to paint the shroud red as well... might be too much.
      01-02-2015, 01:05 PM   #2404
SUHleen
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Agreed. I think itll look cleaner as well.

Itll be a red LED that I can turn on/off when I want. I already have a red pin stripe on the "LCI eyebrow", so I dont think I want to paint the shroud red as well... might be too much.
Not the shroud, the shield.... Take a look at Mashi's different setups and you can see what I'm talking about. The shroud is the chrome ring around the projector, which I would leave how you have it now. The shield is a chrome piece behind the projector that usually does not get touched. A lot of people get them painted or tinted red and it makes the projector (when the headlight is OFF) have a red glow/demon eye look to it. Some angles are stronger than others. I also did not want to do the shroud in red because it just pops out way too much. The red shield was the answer for me. (I have also heard of doing the red shield and the red LED by the shield, which may be what OSS is planning to do anyways.) But none the less, check out Mashi's multiple headlight setups. His headlights are usually what I look at while planning mine out, even though I haven't solidified a plan for mine yet haha
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 02:11 PM   #2405
thompsac25
Stance to make her dance
Rep

Quote:
Not the shroud, the shield.... Take a look at Mashi's different setups and you can see what I'm talking about. The shroud is the chrome ring around the projector, which I would leave how you have it now. The shield is a chrome piece behind the projector that usually does not get touched. A lot of people get them painted or tinted red and it makes the projector (when the headlight is OFF) have a red glow/demon eye look to it. Some angles are stronger than others. I also did not want to do the shroud in red because it just pops out way too much. The red shield was the answer for me. (I have also heard of doing the red shield and the red LED by the shield, which may be what OSS is planning to do anyways.) But none the less, check out Mashi's multiple headlight setups. His headlights are usually what I look at while planning mine out, even though I haven't solidified a plan for mine yet haha
Ahh yes, I see what you mean now. I dont want it to look red when the headlight is off. So itll most likely just be an LED with a switch so I can on/off when I want.

Are you going to have OSS do your lights? The wait time is what kills me. And apparently 888concept is doing headlights now - very similar work for MUCH cheaper.
      01-02-2015, 02:24 PM   #2406
SUHleen
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Ahh yes, I see what you mean now. I dont want it to look red when the headlight is off. So itll most likely just be an LED with a switch so I can on/off when I want.

Are you going to have OSS do your lights? The wait time is what kills me. And apparently 888concept is doing headlights now - very similar work for MUCH cheaper.
I was going to have Mashi's guy give me some quotes and options. I love OSS's work and quality, but its just a little too much for modifying your current housings. If I was getting a whole other set of lights for the $1500+ price tag, then it would have been the first mod I did haha. I have an IS so its obviously the LCI headlights which narrows down my options A LOT
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 02:45 PM   #2407
thompsac25
Stance to make her dance
Rep

Quote:
I was going to have Mashi's guy give me some quotes and options. I love OSS's work and quality, but its just a little too much for modifying your current housings. If I was getting a whole other set of lights for the $1500+ price tag, then it would have been the first mod I did haha. I have an IS so its obviously the LCI headlights which narrows down my options A LOT
Yeah, OSS is definitely a high price tag. I messaged several companies/people but OSS was surprisingly the easier to work, just has slow turn around time. OneEighty was my second option but it was far more expensive but turn around time was a lot less. Also, my buddy got his e92 m3 headlights done by OneEighty so I knew it was AMAZING quality work, but I couldnt justify the higher price tag.

Excited to see what you end up doing with yours though!
      01-02-2015, 05:14 PM   #2408
spkcadet
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 JGC Summit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSSon View Post
Old BMW? I wish I would have known, I would have traded you my stockers and thrown some cash your way.
If I would have known I would have helped you swap the lights on it. I am more pissed that I didnt have a chance to yank the JB4 from under the hood. To be honest miss that can of screws a lot... lol
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 01:31 PM   #2409
thompsac25
Stance to make her dance
Rep

Any of you locals want to buy my OEM blacklines? I'm doing my LCI rear conversion this weekend (hopefully), so my blacklines will be up for grabs if any of you are interested! Locals get first dibs, otherwise I'm posting on the For Sale section!
      01-10-2015, 10:52 AM   #2410
SUHleen
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1076443

Anyone interested in doing that?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 08:17 AM   #2411
thompsac25
Stance to make her dance
Rep

Ok guys, I got my LCI rear conversion completed.

If any of you locals are interested...
Selling my OEM blacklines - these may already be pending sale
OEM trunk in Montego blue w/ Carbon Fiber MTech spoiler - PERFECT condition, no dents, scratches, etc.

Sorry for the poor quality pics, and dont mind the finger prints

Shoot me a PM if interested!

02-11-2015, 11:39 AM   #2412
schach23
BMW enthusiast
Rep
Drives: BMW e46 M3

Anyone in NE Ohio with the sonic tuning S3 coilovers on their xdrives? Thinking of upgrading the suspension this spring.

Thanks

Scott
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2015, 12:53 AM   #2413
DoctoRx
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 e92 335i xDrive MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by schach23 View Post
Anyone in NE Ohio with the sonic tuning S3 coilovers on their xdrives? Thinking of upgrading the suspension this spring.

Thanks

Scott
I've got a set (2011 e92 xDrive) so far I like them. Drop isn't too much stiffer than riding on run flats. I'm in Cleveland area if you want to check them out - I've got about 1 finger gap front/rear and plenty of room to go lower all around (actually - I'll probably be going up 1/2 inch or a touch more in rear once summer comes around in case I go with larger wheels).
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2015, 05:56 PM   #2414
schach23
BMW enthusiast
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctoRx View Post
I've got a set (2011 e92 xDrive) so far I like them. Drop isn't too much stiffer than riding on run flats. I'm in Cleveland area if you want to check them out - I've got about 1 finger gap front/rear and plenty of room to go lower all around (actually - I'll probably be going up 1/2 inch or a touch more in rear once summer comes around in case I go with larger wheels).
Why did you go with those instead of KW V1? Where did you get them installed?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2015, 02:07 AM   #2415
DoctoRx
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Why did you go with those instead of KW V1? Where did you get them installed?

Thanks
For me personally, I wanted to have the ability to fully rid myself of rake + have the option to go lower/slammed in case I start building my e92 and move back down south. I looked between V1, V3, and S3 and liked the idea of having dampening adjustability so I could make the ride softer for when my folks visited, which knocked the V1s off my list all together. I wasn't looking at the time for a full track application and didn't think I'd need the rebound adjustability of the V3s so I opted to save a little to get the S3s. Bonus for me was their shop isn't far from where I frequently travel for my weekend road trips.

I can't personally say I've ridden in on the V1s to say how smooth they are in comparison, but I will say that when I swapped the S3s the woman I'm currently seeing noticed the car felt "harsher" (at the time I was on 17" RFTs). I swapped to 18" wheels and non RFTs (235-40-18 blizzak WS80s) and 95% of the complaints stopped. It now rides pretty close to factory, save for whenever I can't dodge the sizable sink holes in the street. Either way - I'd suggest if possible take a ride in both V1 and S3 (I think there was also a V3 in the area but he moved) and see what you think will be best from there.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2015, 11:45 AM   #2416
schach23
BMW enthusiast
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctoRx View Post
For me personally, I wanted to have the ability to fully rid myself of rake + have the option to go lower/slammed in case I start building my e92 and move back down south. I looked between V1, V3, and S3 and liked the idea of having dampening adjustability so I could make the ride softer for when my folks visited, which knocked the V1s off my list all together. I wasn't looking at the time for a full track application and didn't think I'd need the rebound adjustability of the V3s so I opted to save a little to get the S3s. Bonus for me was their shop isn't far from where I frequently travel for my weekend road trips.

I can't personally say I've ridden in on the V1s to say how smooth they are in comparison, but I will say that when I swapped the S3s the woman I'm currently seeing noticed the car felt "harsher" (at the time I was on 17" RFTs). I swapped to 18" wheels and non RFTs (235-40-18 blizzak WS80s) and 95% of the complaints stopped. It now rides pretty close to factory, save for whenever I can't dodge the sizable sink holes in the street. Either way - I'd suggest if possible take a ride in both V1 and S3 (I think there was also a V3 in the area but he moved) and see what you think will be best from there.
Thanks for the reply. I take it you got them installed at their shop then. Know of any shops in the Akron area? I reviewed bimmershops.com but just wondering what anyone here has actually used. Thanks

Scott
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2015, 05:43 PM   #2417
DoctoRx
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I take it you got them installed at their shop then. Know of any shops in the Akron area? I reviewed bimmershops.com but just wondering what anyone here has actually used. Thanks

Scott
A lot of folks in the "midwest" threads go to A&L but that's a bit of a drive for you. Shoot me a PM. I had another forum member do my initial setup (S3's and M3 front strut tower brace). Sonic Tuning did them the second time when I got the upgraded front struts put on since I was already headed that way for the weekend.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2015, 11:51 PM   #2418
Mce22Usa45
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

Quote:
Just a preview of what's coming to me in the next few days! Been waiting for these for over 5 weeks! Work done by OSS Designs. First ever Prelci headlights with RGB color changing raptor square angel eyes. Custom matte black housing with gloss black projector shrouds, LCI eyebrow, red pin stripe, black our reflectors with black "LCI" style pin striping on the turn signals.

Cant WAIT to get these back and installed on the car!
Sic lights bro... what did OSS charge for that set up?! Gotta be way cheaper than doing a LCI front end conversion haha
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2015, 12:04 AM   #2419
Mce22Usa45
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

Quote:
I am very interested as long as it doesn't interfere with my finals!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2015, 09:35 AM   #2420
thompsac25
Stance to make her dance
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mce22Usa45 View Post
Sic lights bro... what did OSS charge for that set up?! Gotta be way cheaper than doing a LCI front end conversion haha
Thanks man! And no, pretty sure an LCI front end conversion would be cheaper lol.

It all depends on what kind of modifications you want done to your headlights. The price can vary.

I will be selling mine soon. OSS has them right now and are making a few changes/additions