E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > When BMW CPO's a car, do they update to all the latest firmwares?

01-27-2009, 09:05 PM   #1
Higgs1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Tesla Model 3

Garage List
When BMW CPO's a car, do they update to all the latest firmwares?

I'm going to go look at an 06' 330i w/nav this weekend and they just CPO'd it recently, I'm curious if it will have the newest firmware installed, or if i should ask them as part of the purchase agreement to update it all

i'm going to ask either way to make sure it has it, but i'm curious if anyone knows if bmw does this when they cpo a vehicle, as i've read alot of people having problems getting their firmware updated if it isn't warranted by errors/problems

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2009, 10:12 PM   #2
Wake27
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 330i ZPP ZSP

No they don't. You should get it though, I want it on mine.
2006 JB 330i/ZPP/ZSP/I-Drive/Heated Seats/L7/Blacklines/19" Gunmetal V710's on Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas/BMS PBX/Red MFD Scoops/Matte black grilles/Matte black Amber Gone 2.0s/BSW center midrange speaker/35% tint/Black and white roundels
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2009, 10:33 PM   #3
AMT92
Lieutenant Colonel
Iran
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

No they dont to my knowledge, but just go to your local stealership and tell them your idrive is acting slow and lags heavily, they'll update the firmware for you. and if they dont, DEMAND IT, you'll get what you want.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2009, 01:11 AM   #4
NorCal Einstein
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: X1 35i MSport

Just bought a CPO about 2 weeks ago. I've requested to get the iDrive system updated because mine lags pretty bad. My dealership has no issues about it, its just a matter of me finding time to bring it in.

You shouldn't have any problems
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2009, 03:01 AM   #5
Evil E90
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
2006 330i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs1 View Post
I'm going to go look at an 06' 330i w/nav this weekend and they just CPO'd it recently, I'm curious if it will have the newest firmware installed, or if i should ask them as part of the purchase agreement to update it all

i'm going to ask either way to make sure it has it, but i'm curious if anyone knows if bmw does this when they cpo a vehicle, as i've read alot of people having problems getting their firmware updated if it isn't warranted by errors/problems

Thanks
I just bought a 06 330i and I am trying to get the software updated for my Idrive. It seems to be almost impossible. I can't play MP3 cd's. It seems there has to be a problem with your Idrive for them to update it for free. I am trying different dealers. So far I have tried two and both didn't want to bother with it. I'm not being a hard a$$ about it. I just go in and ask if they can update my idrive so I can at least play mp3 cd's They say it's a flagged problem. Perhaps I should try the dealer where I purchased my car but it's about an hour drive since it's not near a freeway. Southbay BMW is the place. Good luck with your planned update. I hope they don't give you BS like they are giving me.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2009, 01:55 PM   #6
2kaccordocoupe
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Former ///M Driver

If you ask nicely or make it part of you signing the deal then I'm sure they won't loose a sale due to a simple software update.
Appreciate 0