E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > :: Drew's Run Rally 2010 Details and Info (Tail of The Dragon Run) ::

07-27-2010, 12:01 PM   #1
Bsaint
BsaintMedia.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: Collection of German

Exclamation :: Drew's Run Rally 2010 Details and Info (Tail of The Dragon Run) ::

“Drew’s Run” is a short Rally dedicated to a friend and fellow car enthusiast who died this past year at the age of 24. Drew had a long hard fight with cancer and managed to pull through, but as soon as things starting getting better he found himself in the hospital again. This time he was facing one of the most dangerous procedures in the medical field, a bone marrow transplant. He underwent intense radiation and chemotherapy and was putting up an amazing fight. However the infection was proven to be too strong and on August 9th 2007 Drew found peace, he would have been 25 August 12th. One of the things Drew wanted to do before he passed was to take some good friends and have a small Rally/Cruise. However the drive never happened and as we have Drew in our thoughts and his family in our prayers we do this drive for them. More info on Drew can be found here www.drewspinelli.com

TAIL OF THE DRAGON AT DEALS GAP has 318 curves in 11 miles and is America's number one motorcycle and sports car road.

This is going to be a shorter Drew's Run Rally then in the past, but in hopes to gain more new members and expanding the Run. In hopes to make 2011's Rally a NY to LA.

The Dates are October 8th -10th A 3 day 2 night Tail of The Dragon Run, Meet, & party.

For Cost and Details please contact me or visit Bsaintmedia.com/forum

DAY 1(October 8th): Philadelphia, PA to Knoxville, TN (We will be leaving the King of Prussia Movie Theater at 10a.m no later.) 300 Goddard Blvd, King of Prussia, PA 19406 Arriving at the 501 West Church Avenue, Knoxville, TN 37902 (Hilton Knoxville)

Night Time: It’s a short walk into downtown Knoxville for dinner and drinks.

DAY 2 (October 9th): Knoxville, TN to the Tail of the Dragon Run One,The TAIL OF THE DRAGON AT DEALS GAP has 318 curves in 11 miles and is America's number one motorcycle and sports car road.) We will meet up with other members for breakfast around 10a.m. We will depart for our first run of the day on the Dragon around 11:00am. We will be filming and taking pictures during the run as well, following the run we will grab some lunch. At 2pm we will be having a Drew’s Run Rally Meet with other local car enthusiasts at 5908 Calderwood Highway, Tallassee, TN? there is a parking lot and helli-pad where we can fit atleast a 100 cars. We will be taking pictures and video and then taking everyone out on the Tail of the Dragon as well as heading into North Carolina for Cherohala Skyway which is very scenic road connected to the Tail. After the meet and Drive portion we will be heading back into Knoxville, TN for dinner and drinks with members of the Rally and meet. Everyone is welcome to Party and enjoy our last night there.

Meet Spot (Same as Pictured Above)

Tail of The Dragon & Cherohala Skyway

DAY 3 October 10th) Departing Knoxville, TN (Check out is 12pm) heading home and enjoying the nice highway drive back.

Last edited by Bsaint; 08-07-2010 at 12:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2010, 04:48 PM   #2
BOSSBMW
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i

Appreciate 0
      07-27-2010, 04:58 PM   #3
DR_E92
Lieutenant
Dominican Republic
Rep
Drives: 07 E92 Coupe

this is the ultimate driving road! I went a few yrs ago and it was a great experience... But weren't the Tennessee cops acting up over there? I heard there weren't letting people drive 1 mph over the speed limit
      07-28-2010, 12:22 PM   #4
Bsaint
BsaintMedia.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR_E92 View Post
this is the ultimate driving road! I went a few yrs ago and it was a great experience... But weren't the Tennessee cops acting up over there? I heard there weren't letting people drive 1 mph over the speed limit
When we were down we didn't have any problem. We also go early in the morning and didn't see one cop until we hit deeper into NC
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2010, 01:42 PM   #5
XS222
Me
United_States
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldasicex5 View Post

i just went from 6 to midnight

Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2010, 05:54 PM   #6
Bsaint
BsaintMedia.com
United_States
Rep

free redbull is always a plus
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2010, 12:37 PM   #7
Bsaint
BsaintMedia.com
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      09-21-2010, 09:38 PM   #8
ianthegreat
Colonel
Rep
Drives: n54

this still on? i'm new to the northeast and have really wanted to make this run. not much info on the other forum.
Appreciate 0