E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > New Car

12-12-2012, 05:07 AM   #23
RockIt
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: Mercedes C350 Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowflow View Post
You forgot to mention that you added the optional teasmaid. I can't think what else that cup of tea icon on the dash could mean.

Looks very nice.
Thanks. LOL. Teasmaid symbol is bizarre! As I explained earlier in the thread, if you drift across lanes on the motorway.A road, the cup gets bigger and there's an audible warning...suggesting that a break might be needed, presumably for a coffee!! You can disable this function.

RockIt!
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2012, 08:22 AM   #24
chrisbin
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640i MSport Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockIt View Post
Thanks. LOL. Teasmaid symbol is bizarre! As I explained earlier in the thread, if you drift across lanes on the motorway.A road, the cup gets bigger and there's an audible warning...suggesting that a break might be needed, presumably for a coffee!! You can disable this function.
Nice one. In 8k miles I've made mine come on once!! At least it proved it works and I have to confess that I had just made a couple of erratic moves on the motorway - blame the kids!!

Previous - Alpina D3 BiTurbo E90 LCI Manual, 320d M Sport E92 Auto, 330i M Sport E92 courtesy of BMW UK....320i M Sport E92 Auto, 320d SE E90 Manual.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2012, 10:55 AM   #25
creepy coupe
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW M340I G20

Garage List
2015 BMW 435d  [0.00]
2009 335i  [0.00]
Lovely car with the right engine Merc have come a long way with the interiors. How you getting on with the foot operated parking brake?

The Becker nav is a bargain and nice to use.

Isn't the 7sp auto smooth.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2012, 12:51 PM   #26
Snooky
Major
Rep
Drives: Audi RS5 Sportback Carbon Blac

Beautiful car Gav, love it!
      12-17-2012, 05:12 AM   #27
RockIt
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: Mercedes C350 Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbin View Post
Nice one. In 8k miles I've made mine come on once!! At least it proved it works and I have to confess that I had just made a couple of erratic moves on the motorway - blame the kids!!
I have yet to see it do anything! I'll have try it

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy coupe View Post
Lovely car with the right engine Merc have come a long way with the interiors. How you getting on with the foot operated parking brake?

The Becker nav is a bargain and nice to use.

Isn't the 7sp auto smooth.
Thanks! Yep, the interior is great, the map pilot, after faffing with incredibly frustrating updates is excellent and the engine is superb! This is my first auto, so taking some getting used to, but it's great to drive to work in eco mode and I just let the car waft along... and sport and manual modes seem entertaining enough! The only thing I really don't like is the foot operated brake. It seems utterly anachronistic and is really unnatural to use. I can only assume that Mercedes fit it still out of some bizarre nod to their heritage. They should ditch it immediately!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooky View Post
Beautiful car Gav, love it!
Thank mate. Appreciated!

RockIt!
Appreciate 0