E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Tracking, Autocrossing, Dragstrip, Driving Techniques > Fire Extinguisher Bracket

04-12-2013, 09:48 AM   #1
dachtor
Private
Rep
Drives: e28 533i, '11 335is, '12 911 S

Garage List
Fire Extinguisher Bracket

All,

Want to go ahead and order a fire extinguisher bracket for my e92 335is so that I can mount one in case of a track event that requires it. I've searched until I'm blue in the face and the only one I've found is this one, but I'm worried about how far it will stick out under the seat.

http://store.vacmotorsports.com/vac-...e9x-p2681.aspx

Any recommendations or alternatives?

Best,

Jeff
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 09:51 AM   #2
N8N
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i 6MT

If you can find the factory one still it is an alternative and mounts to the underside of the passenger seat. It's intended for a specific fire extinguisher but I was able to mount a 2.5 lb. Halon bottle with only drilling a couple holes in the bracket (that came with the extinguisher) and some nylon spacers from the hardware store. Unfortunately it seems hard to find. I think I got mine from ECS tuning.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 12:56 PM   #3
mid-corner fun
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, '22 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8N View Post
If you can find the factory one still it is an alternative and mounts to the underside of the passenger seat. It's intended for a specific fire extinguisher but I was able to mount a 2.5 lb. Halon bottle with only drilling a couple holes in the bracket (that came with the extinguisher) and some nylon spacers from the hardware store. Unfortunately it seems hard to find. I think I got mine from ECS tuning.
+1

This is what you need:

http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E92-335...sher/ES255516/

Works fine with this extinguisher. Simple to install but just in case there's a detailed DIY either here or at m3post.

http://www.amazon.com/Performance-HG...uishers+Hg250b
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 03:46 PM   #4
surlynkid
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dachtor View Post
All,

Want to go ahead and order a fire extinguisher bracket for my e92 335is so that I can mount one in case of a track event that requires it. I've searched until I'm blue in the face and the only one I've found is this one, but I'm worried about how far it will stick out under the seat.

http://store.vacmotorsports.com/vac-...e9x-p2681.aspx

Any recommendations or alternatives?

Best,

Jeff
i have that one. it does stick out some, but not far enough, because you cannot run the seat all the way forward. it is a good compromise. i am sure there are better options, but this works. i also had to drill an extra hole for my extinguisher to mount.
Stoptech 380mm/355mm | PFC08 / Pagid RS-29 | Akrapovic EVO - CF tips | Benvo Tune | MS UDP | AA air filter | MCS 2-way with 700/1000lb springs | Solid bushings and adjustable links | RD front swaybar | Apex EC-7 18x10 square 275/35-18 NT01 | Turner Race Studs | GT4 Brake Cooling | GT4 Power Steering Cooling | Alekshop Oil Cooler | Performance Steering Wheel | | CF Spoiler | Varis System 1 Full CF Diffuser | Extended Paddle Shifters | Schroth Quick Fit Pro | Turner Steering Rack Stops | Vorshlag Camber Plates
Appreciate 0