E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Alledged Failed Hydro System

03-28-2012, 01:44 AM   #1
deep green
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: E93 335i Vert

Garage List
Alledged Failed Hydro System

Appologies if this has been discussed, but I am seeking local knowledge/input re an alledged failed hydro pump system on my '07 335.

Recently got signal errors coming up telling me the flat tyre monitor was faulty, followed immediately by notification of failed ABS and DCT system.

Took it to the stealers for their input and advised that $4,500 hyrdo pump system has failed and needed to be replaced! The car has a mere 30K on it, therefore I was most interested in how such a pricey electronic part would have failed completely at such low mileage. Cut a long story short, local stealer rang me less than 1 hour later telling me that BMW have come to the party and will pay for the part, but I have to fork out install costs ($650).

Am I unreasonable in expecting BMW to also pay for the install?

Have any you local brainstrusts heard of this issue?

Is it a real issue or a false coding error?

Any feedback or experience with this most welcomed, thanks.

Appreciate 0
      04-05-2012, 05:04 PM   #2
deep green
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: E93 335i Vert

Garage List
UPDATE

Quick update for those that may be interested..
BMW Aus have now agreed to pay full parts and labour costs to rectify hydro pump issue on 2007 335. Most appreciative of local stealers assistance - Kloster BMW Newcastle. These guys continue to provide great support even after 4 years post purchase (and no extended warranty). Thanks guys, most appreciated.

Appreciate 0