Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > new owner, few questions regarding tire pressure init/reset, etc.

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

09-24-2012, 04:36 PM   #1
E90RRic
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 325i Sport/Manual

new owner, few questions regarding tire pressure init/reset, etc.

hey all,

just picked up a new (to me) 2006 325i sport package...i was going through all the settings (no idrive) and when i got to the tire pressure monitor system, i did not have an 'initialize' option as stated in the manual, only could select reset. is that normal?

i have a triangle with an exclamation point on the upper right of the lower display, and i must be blind because i cant find anywhere in the manual what it means, anyone know what it is?

also, its my understanding that the angel eyes (has the xenon headlamps) can only be turned on using the parking lights or an aftermarket relay?

other than that its pretty smooth...got the manual so kind of dreading traffic but whatever...

any other quirks about this MY i should know about?

thanks~!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 07:00 PM   #2
BMW_Belgier
Lieutenant Colonel
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: E92 335xi n55

As far as i can remember from my Non-Idrive 1series, it is called "reset"...
      09-24-2012, 07:37 PM   #3
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

- Reset is the normal option wording.

- The triangle is a generic icon meaning something requires your attention. Most causes can be shown by cycling through the views of the instrument cluster display by pressing the BC button (on the turn signal stalk) repeatedly. Common causes are low fuel, low tire pressure (which then persists until a TPMS reset), DSC off, service near due/overdue (I think that triggers it), or a fault of some sort, like burned out bulb or engine/electronics issue.

- 2006 was a transitional model year for lighting hardware, I believe. Some cars can be coded to use the angel eyes, some require hardware. If memory serves, for 2006 the coupes coupes could be coded but the sedans required hardware; as of 2007 it could be coded anywhere and it eventually became the factory default. I'm not 100% on those details though.

Don't dread the manual. Just spend enough time out driving on fun roads purely for the enjoyment of the drive and then when you're in traffic you'll be reminded that it's totally worth it.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 08:11 PM   #4
E90RRic
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
- Reset is the normal option wording.

- The triangle is a generic icon meaning something requires your attention. Most causes can be shown by cycling through the views of the instrument cluster display by pressing the BC button (on the turn signal stalk) repeatedly. Common causes are low fuel, low tire pressure (which then persists until a TPMS reset), DSC off, service near due/overdue (I think that triggers it), or a fault of some sort, like burned out bulb or engine/electronics issue.

- 2006 was a transitional model year for lighting hardware, I believe. Some cars can be coded to use the angel eyes, some require hardware. If memory serves, for 2006 the coupes coupes could be coded but the sedans required hardware; as of 2007 it could be coded anywhere and it eventually became the factory default. I'm not 100% on those details though.

Don't dread the manual. Just spend enough time out driving on fun roads purely for the enjoyment of the drive and then when you're in traffic you'll be reminded that it's totally worth it.
thank you for clearing that up...helped a lot

k then im not losing my mind, i kept trying to find that INIT wording per the manual haha

ok i scrolled through the check and i got the 'light error' code with CC-ID 131...do you know what code that is? I did also notice my drivers side ring lamp is out

i think it is hardware only for 06...eh ill just switch on the parking light manually, no biggie

haha duly noted...will def try to keep that in mind!

appreciate all the input everyone!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 08:24 PM   #5
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90RRic

k then im not losing my mind, i kept trying to find that INIT wording per the manual haha

ok i scrolled through the check and i got the 'light error' code with CC-ID 131...do you know what code that is? I did also notice my drivers side ring lamp is out

i think it is hardware only for 06...eh ill just switch on the parking light manually, no biggie

I don't know offhand what that specific light code is (where'd you see that code displayed, btw?) but if you've found a bulb that's out and you have a light code, I'm betting that's your answer.

EDIT: According to this page, 131 is a "Parking light left front failure": http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f3/bmw-check-control-ccid-codes-t59840/

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 09:36 PM   #6
Joe-
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90RRic View Post

131: "Parking light front left, failure!"

132: "Parking light front right, failure!"

Check your head lamps
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2012, 09:22 AM   #7
E90RRic
Rep

yep, probably the ring lamp bulb out since...thanks everyone...btw that code was on the center display screen when you hold down the button on the turn signal stalk while reading the error messages
Appreciate 0