E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > 2011 E92 LCI front turn signals not working after using Bimmercode

02-19-2023, 01:09 AM   #1
Havana-Gold
Rep
Drives: E92 328i, 87 K100RS, 07 G650

2011 E92 LCI front turn signals not working after using Bimmercode

My car info:
2011 E92 LCI
Bought at 93,000 miles
Currently at 118,000 miles
Using Bimmercode for the first time in my ownership. Needed the app to code and register a new battery a few months ago and now I've decided to finally look into some annoying things I heard can be changed with Bimmercode:

Here's what I've done - coded out seat-belt extender arms, added a digital speedometer, removed seat belt alarm, added folding mirror option with remote locking, and adjusted the brightness of the US sidemarkers to be higher.

After coding these updates into the ECU, my front LED turn signals no longer work. I'm assuming LEDs are stock on a LCI so no need to factor in a prior LED conversion. They flicker quickly for a second when I turn the headlight knob to auto and then refuse to work. When the knob is in full vertical position -0- they operate normally. The side turn signals always work, the rear turn signals always work, just not the front in the auto-headlight position. The light on the dash flashes quickly too as if a standard bulb is out, but no bulb is out. The fronts work like normal as long as the knob in the vertical -0- position (which means the headlights aren't on).

When I first coded and reset the ECU, I was getting a bulb-out warning light along with this LED fast-flickering. But no bulbs were out...rear brake, rear turn, side, license plate etc. Front turn signals worked, but only in -0- setting.

This is my first time using Bimmercode for this car and my gut is telling me that since the ECU was reset, something happened. That or there is bad contact somewhere. Probably not though because everything works perfectly outside of the auto-headlight setting.

I have since coded out all check control light bulbs, but the front turn signals still do a fast flicker and refuse to work. Rear and side operate normally.

Last edited by Havana-Gold; 02-19-2023 at 02:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2023, 02:11 AM   #2
Havana-Gold
Rep
Drives: E92 328i, 87 K100RS, 07 G650

Welp, I managed to hit the "Recovery" option in the top right of Bimmercode. I guess it stores an earlier version.

The car is back to the way it was prior to these changes. Turn signals are working normal.

For s**ts and giggles, I decided to code in only one thing at a time to see what triggered the problem. Seat belt extenders, select in-active, reset ECU. Good. Second task, seat belt alarm, select in-active, reset ECU. Good. Go for a drive. Everything functioning 100% normal.

Still though - I feel like this ECU has a mind of its own. I'll unlock the car and the running lights and dash will light up like normal (in auto-headlight setting). But then that stopped happening after a couple unlocks. Went for a drive, worked again. Lock, unlock a few more times, not working. Very confusing. Wish those lights would consistently light up on unlock.

Thoughts on these weird problems?

Last edited by Havana-Gold; 02-19-2023 at 02:30 AM..
Appreciate 0