E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Well i've had my 330 D 6 months and heres its make over..

04-09-2015, 01:54 PM   #1
holmefield
Captain
Rep
Drives: 330 d m sport

Well i've had my 330 D 6 months and heres its make over..

So i've had my 330 D M sport for 6 months and love messing and adding bits and have always messed with alloys and different set ups.

this is currently how she sits, i've done loads of bits but these are the main external upgrades....

The offsets and specs are 19 x 9J front 19 x 10J rear Avant Garde 355M alloys 12mm spacers up front giving final E.T 23, 20mm rear adapter spacer giving a final E.T18.
Im using falken 235/35 on the fronts with a nice little stretch and Vredistein 255/35 rears

The pictures make it look higher than it is, i can get one finger between the tyre and the arch @ the rear and say 1.5 fingers under the arch @ the front.

This was a gulp moment as i wasn't sure my calculations were right

I had wrapped my silver dash and door trims with 3D carbon wrap in November, but i was happy with the finish, so yesterday i re-did the hold of the trim parts in 8D Carbon Fibre Gloss black wrap.The interior trim is a pain to wrap as its got lots of cut outs ( a right pig to do ) and as its always on show it HAS to be crease and bubble free....Now this 8D stuff is thicker than normal wrap ( read hard to work with ) but the finished look is O so nice...

I love these alloys and the concave, im a big fan of concave alloys and these have MASSIVE concave..

I sprayed my front Kindey grill gloss black soon after getting them but i've resprayed them 3 times due to chips, so got fed up with doing it so i've split the grill apart and wrapped the crome in normal 3D carbon wrap ( my re diffusers is in 3D carbon wrap also, i mite change both external parts to 8D wrap but for now i happy with the external look..

Finally to be different from the norm i've re-done my Brake calipers yellow front and back to break up the look of the alloys, as theres such wide gaps between the spokes it gives your eyes something to focus on...Lucky the hubs had already been treated to silver spray before i got the car..

Thoughts one and all welcome.....
MODS lots of coding,Alcantara flat bottom wheel and trim,Led reg bulbs,Sapphire black interior trims,Carbon diffuser,DPF delete 276bhp,Carbon badges,Yellow B/calipers 19" BBS LM Alloys,Lowered spring perches.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 02:12 PM   #2
Jimmy-F46 M-sport
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f46 220d msport, R56 Cooper s

Looking good bud 👍 you've certainly been busy, wanna wrap my trim 😄😄😄 I could never get it right as I don't have any patience lol
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 02:13 PM   #3
koches
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i xDrive

Garage List
More pics please
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 02:23 PM   #4
holmefield
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy-320d View Post
Looking good bud 👍 you've certainly been busy, wanna wrap my trim 😄😄😄 I could never get it right as I don't have any patience lol
It just takes practice and patience thats all, the centre console around the ash tray and gear knob is a right pain in the ass...I managed to split apart the ash tray cover this time so it looks spot on ( almost factory fresh ha ha ) well mayb not factory fresh...
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 02:23 PM   #5
holmefield
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by koches View Post
More pics please
I'll dig put some tomoz, to be fair im not that good @ takin car pics
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 02:46 PM   #6
Jimmy-F46 M-sport
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f46 220d msport, R56 Cooper s

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmefield View Post
It just takes practice and patience thats all, the centre console around the ash tray and gear knob is a right pain in the ass...I managed to split apart the ash tray cover this time so it looks spot on ( almost factory fresh ha ha ) well mayb not factory fresh...
If you say so lol 😄 will probably just get mine sprayed gloss black even though I love the look of the carbon fibre 👍
Appreciate 1
      04-09-2015, 02:53 PM   #7
borinous
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 320d SE

liking that 8D wrap need to do my interior trim so might look into that stuff.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 03:03 PM   #8
harmeet
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335D

looks good

Is the car still on standard suspension?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 03:31 PM   #9
holmefield
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmeet View Post
looks good

Is the car still on standard suspension?
Yep factory M SPORT suspension. ..
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 03:32 PM   #10
holmefield
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by borinous View Post
liking that 8D wrap need to do my interior trim so might look into that stuff.
I'll take pic of interior carbon tomorrow. .
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 04:22 PM   #11
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Looks good.

Only thing i don't like is the amount the wheels stick out. But thats just my personal opinion im sure loads of people will love it!
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 05:09 PM   #12
MattOz
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Alpina G21 D3S

Garage List
2011 E90 M3  [0.00]
I wondered when you were going to put the pics up. Looks like you've been busy mate! Braver/Better man than me with the wrapping. I've tried it and failed miserably over the years.

Keep up the good work
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 05:43 PM   #13
Rich_D
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330d M Sport LCI

Nice car this, I was round doing some coding earlier.

Didn't realise those dash trims were wrapped, looks like real carbon fibre in the flesh!
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 06:46 PM   #14
holmefield
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattOz View Post
I wondered when you were going to put the pics up. Looks like you've been busy mate! Braver/Better man than me with the wrapping. I've tried it and failed miserably over the years.

Keep up the good work
Ha, believe me I've failed/rip off in anger a time or two with carbon wrap..the 8D stuff is very good thou...

Next up possibly a CSL boot lid!!! If the wife lets me...I wish it still had you tri stitched M3 steering wheel on Matt...

the hubs still look spot on after winter thou Matt, did you use Hammerite spray paint?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 06:56 PM   #15
holmefield
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_D View Post
Nice car this, I was round doing some coding earlier.

Didn't realise those dash trims were wrapped, looks like real carbon fibre in the flesh!
Cheers rich, thanks again for coming over and scanning/coding my car...Love the noise of your M5...

Usually with Carbon wrap the feel&look gives it away as wrapped, but this 8D stuff with it been thicker and very glossy looks to have more depth to it...

Im considering re-doing the grill surrounds & rear diffuser in the stuff now, the normal 3D has lasted really well on the rear diffuser thou so im a bit lothed to remove it. .

But the new 8D stuff would tie in with the Sapphire Black paint work better...

A machine polish is next on my list, but I'll not be doing that myself im ok with hand polishing but I'll leave machine polishing to the experts. ..
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 12:40 AM   #16
Phil99z
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F31 340i Shadowline Ed

Garage List
Nice work! The 8D carbon looks very nice. I've done some minor bits of wrapping before and know what a PITA it is so well done. Looking forward to seeing the car more as you do more mods!
      04-10-2015, 03:05 AM   #17
dy63
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30

looking forward to better pics from a distance
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 04:49 AM   #18
Kali
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 E93

More photos from a distance mate!! I'm loving that 8D wrap, think I'll might go ahead and try it myself.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 05:40 AM   #19
MattOz
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Alpina G21 D3S

Garage List
2011 E90 M3  [0.00]
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmefield View Post
I wish it still had you tri stitched M3 steering wheel on Matt...

the hubs still look spot on after winter thou Matt, did you use Hammerite spray paint?
Hi Philip,

Thought you would like the wheel. It looks great on my 335i!

The hubs were indeed sprayed with silver smoothrite. Seems to do the trick and I've had a few BMWs that have benefitted from it.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 09:41 AM   #20
holmefield
Captain
Rep

heres some better pics of the car, please excuses the mucky car i live on a track and in the dry weather its dust city.If you look @ the back lights you'll see where i've done my own take!!! on Lci style rear lights, all be it done on a budget..

The centre lights on Pre-lci as many know are white affairs, so originally i got some red wrap but it looked terrible...So i got some PLASTI-KOTE red glass paint masked off a small section so as to show the reverse light and applied a few coats.The key is to remove the masked off section as soon as you've sprayed ( whilst still wet ) that way you dont get any nasty paint peel...

Heres a pic of the rear diffuser in normal 3D carbon wrap, same stuff as the front grills...its been on 5 months and is showing no signs of peel or wear, which is why im loathed to remove it and replace with the 8D stuff

And heres some better pics of the 8D interior carbon wrap..

I love the feel and look of the 8D stuff, the down side is applying the stuff...Best way is lots of heat gentle stretching more heat keep peeling back to remove air bubbles and lots of smoothing....

I've also replaced all the BMW badges with black/carbon ones, and yep i ordered the wrong coloured caliper stickers should have been a black M and the 3 strips in black,silver,white so im re-ordering them this weekend
MODS lots of coding,Alcantara flat bottom wheel and trim,Led reg bulbs,Sapphire black interior trims,Carbon diffuser,DPF delete 276bhp,Carbon badges,Yellow B/calipers 19" BBS LM Alloys,Lowered spring perches.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 09:43 AM   #21
holmefield
Captain
Rep

Next up is a metal polishing kit with flapper wheels/polishing wheels for a hand drill to try and save my exhaust tips, as AUTO SOLVE just aint getting the tips shiny anymore.

Anybody any links as to which kit to get????
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 09:54 AM   #22
dy63
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30

you look like you do a good job when it comes to wrapping.

im going for yellow calipers too, car looks nice.
Appreciate 0