E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Valves cleaned meth installed 84.5k

11-20-2012, 05:38 PM   #1
335xi Kevo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

Hi guys,

Just cleaned the valves and installed meth this past weekend. Talk about an amazing experience really diving into the guts of the n54.

Post valve cleaning fired the car up. Stumbled at first but smoothed out. Idle is greatly improved and generally snappier. The valves were not to bad all things considered. Cylinders 5-6 had sizable chunks of carbon on them, the rest were coated. This is a home DIY job no need to send to the shop, use the YouTube video. The electrical box under the intake manifold is EASILY removed with a channel lock. I had mine off in 30 seconds, just grab the clips sideways, squeeze and pull. This took me 4 hours to complete.

Once the meth was installed all I can say is wow. It's like being tuned for the first time all over again. Kinda a pain in the ass to do, but worth it. I had issues with the fast acting valve.

Pics to follow!
Procede 2.5, DCI, Forge DV, PWM, Scoops, KW V1, ETS 5" FMIC, VRSF Downpipes, M3 Skirts
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 05:40 PM   #2
335xi Kevo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

Also to those doing valve cleaning, I did not change the throttle body gasket or the intake manifold gasket. I haven't experienced any leaks or issues. I do not think its necessary.
Procede 2.5, DCI, Forge DV, PWM, Scoops, KW V1, ETS 5" FMIC, VRSF Downpipes, M3 Skirts
Appreciate 0