E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > EAS reneged on a sale. Buyers beware.

07-11-2011, 04:27 PM   #1
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Thumbs down EAS reneged on a sale. Buyers beware.

I put in an order for the Bilstein PPS10 e9x (non-M) suspension over the weekend with EAS. The listed price was competitive with other vendors at $1,850 and there was a special for free shipping. I choose 3 day shipping and entered the code which their system accepted without error. I got a call today saying that EAS can not honor the sale, that it was a misprint on their site for the price of that suspension. I pointed out that other vendors have it listed for that price and if they could price match it. They said no but I would still get the free shipping, but just not 3 days.

EAS basically reneged on a sale as well as changed the terms of shipping. I would have been understanding on the shipping part but I not on the price that was listed. I'll never trust buying anything from them again.

I was able to buy the suspension form another vendor but this completely ruined all my plans and appointments I made to get my suspension installed this Friday.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2011, 09:13 PM   #2
mochi
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: non turbo

boooo
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2011, 10:10 PM   #3
Mr. 5
Modder Raider
Scotland
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [8.00]
That sucks that this happened but I have a couple questions...

1. What was the price difference? What should it have been?

2. Was the free shipping for 3 day shipping? I just got an email the other day from EAS saying that they were offering free shipping with ground shipping.

Best 60-130-------------9.15 Seconds------------------WWW.MR5RACING.COM
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2011, 11:41 PM   #4
josephr25
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Garage List
That is lame.

Although not as expensive, I went to a supplement store to buy protein powder advertised for $40... they told me it was $70. I showed them the online ad and they honored it; no questions.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 12:29 AM   #5
Tag
this is the way
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. 5 View Post
That sucks that this happened but I have a couple questions...

1. What was the price difference? What should it have been?
From the advertised $1,850 to the updated price of $1,975, $125 difference. WTF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. 5 View Post
2. Was the free shipping for 3 day shipping? I just got an email the other day from EAS saying that they were offering free shipping with ground shipping.
Honestly I didn't see any mention of ground. I simply choose 3 day during the checkout and entered the code and it accepted it by subtracting the full price of 3 day shipping. So I figured all was OK. Like I said, if they called and said we can't do 3 day I would have been a bit upset but I would have rolled with it.

Just the combination of both the price and shipping just set me off. And when I pointed out other vendors are selling at that price they wouldn't even price match. Furthermore I paid via PayPal so my $$$ won't get refunded for at least 3-5 business days.

Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 12:34 AM   #6
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd

I honestly hate when vendors do this it shows ur r nothing but $ in their pockets...

No matter if it was a misprint..they should have honored the sale ..terrible customer service..
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 12:47 AM   #7
skinrock
Agent Smith
Rep
Drives: 2016 i8

Garage List
2016 BMW i8  [10.00]
Unfortunately this is covered by:

Quote:
Buying Products on Our Website
The price of any product is in force at the date and time of your order. We may change the price of any product before you place an order. We will ensure that prices displayed on our website are accurate, but the price on your order will need to be validated by us as a part of the acceptance procedure. We will inform you if a product's correct price is higher than that stated in your order and you may cancel the order and decide whether or not to order the product at the correct price. While we make every attempt to make sure all prices are updated, fluctuations in foreign currencies and other external factors may affect prices listed.
Guess the price difference was worth losing a potential repeat customer over.
      07-12-2011, 08:15 AM   #8
LeMans335xiE90
+7,033 posts ;)
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 LCI LeMans

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinrock View Post
Unfortunately this is covered by:

Guess the price difference was worth losing a potential repeat customer over.
thats pretty lame of them to not honor the price listed...
      07-12-2011, 08:59 AM   #9
Mr. 5
Modder Raider
Scotland
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tag824 View Post
From the advertised $1,850 to the updated price of $1,975, $125 difference. WTF

Honestly I didn't see any mention of ground. I simply choose 3 day during the checkout and entered the code and it accepted it by subtracting the full price of 3 day shipping. So I figured all was OK. Like I said, if they called and said we can't do 3 day I would have been a bit upset but I would have rolled with it.

Just the combination of both the price and shipping just set me off. And when I pointed out other vendors are selling at that price they wouldn't even price match. Furthermore I paid via PayPal so my $$$ won't get refunded for at least 3-5 business days.

I can understand the frustrations but I've dealt with this type of thing before with another vendor. The vendor had 2 different prices on their web site. I ordered it at the lower price and was charged with the higher price. They contacted me and said that they were wrong with displaying the lower price.

With the internet and price changes constantly changing, I can undertand that a mistake can be made on the web site.

Here's the thing that I've noticed with EAS. They have always been very up front with me with everything that I've bought from them and they really do care about the customer.
I really believe that this price was a mistake. Unfortunately, the shipping threw you over the edge. I just wish you didn't have this experience with them because they really are a great vendor.
Here's another thing to think about with EAS...There are so many vendors on line that are just a hole in the wall. All they are is a web site.
EAS actually has an inventory at their facility and there's a good chance that if you order a product from them then they will have it in stock.
This might not seem huge but there have been times where I've ordered something and I've never received the product because there are so many middle men where as I could have gotten the product in a week by just paying a bit more to a company that has them in stock.

It's just too bad that you had this experience with them.
Hopefully you can give them another chance in the future.
BTW, I attached the free shipping ad that I got from my email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampfer View Post
That is lame.

Although not as expensive, I went to a supplement store to buy protein powder advertised for $40... they told me it was $70. I showed them the online ad and they honored it; no questions.
Sorry, but I just don't get comparing $40 protein powder to $1800+.
We might as well start talking about Walmart.
Attached Images

Best 60-130-------------9.15 Seconds------------------WWW.MR5RACING.COM
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 04:58 PM   #10
Tag
this is the way
Rep

Well, turns out the alternate vendor I purchased this from gave me 6-8 week delivery on them so I had to cancel that order as well. So I called up EAS after reading your post Mr. 5 and decided to give them another chance. They said they think their vendor has a few in stock, and they should be able to get it in 3 days. Then of course there's the turn around time to get them to me. This all sounded very loosely based to me. In the past I tried to get lowering springs from EAS and every time I asked for an ETA they would say 2-3 weeks. Then after 3 weeks past I would inquire again and kept getting the same story. Eventually nearly 3 months past and I gave up on them.

So just when I thought all was lost on getting these with a firm time commitment I decided to check out TireRack. To be honest I didn't expect anything but it was worth a shot. I checked their site and to my surprise they had a few of these in stock. Albeit the price was the same as EAS I gave them a call and put in the order. I didn't get free shipping but it was only $21 so nothing worth crying over. I should see these by Thursday or Friday at the latest.

My project is back online! I mean seriously, TireRack, I would have never guessed they would be the ones to save the day.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 02:02 AM   #11
///M3THOD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GTS

Nothing pisses my off more than when vendors take your money w/o any indication of backorder or ETA of the purchased item. I cannot tell you how many times this has happened to me and cost me money on labor, shipping, missed appointments, etc.

For any potential purchase, I contact the vendor before purchasing to confirm that they have stock in their inventory. It does not matter who it its, I have had the most well respected vendors on these forums take thousands and give me no indication of the backorder with ETA.

Call before you buy.

|| Vorsteiner FF-103 || BMS JB4 || Meisterschaft GTC || RPI || IND || Challenge ||
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 01:11 PM   #12
Fozzy
Waaka Waaka
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 xdrive & 2015 F15

I've liked my dealings with Elliott at Mod Bargains, kept me well informed of stock availability.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 01:12 PM   #13
fast4door
Captain
Rep
Drives: E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M3THOD View Post
... I have had the most well respected vendors on these forums take thousands and give me no indication of the backorder with ETA.

Call before you buy.
Similar situation happened to me just a few weeks ago when I ordered my HKS exhaust. I was told it was in stock and would ship on a Friday. Turns out they didnt have it in stock and it was shipped out almost a week later. The delay didnt really bother me but when I called they kept telling me it shipped already and thats what bothered me. Oh, and also they told me they could price match but then later said they couldnt and that they would be losing money even if they gave me the exhaust for the price listed on their site...so basically I paid what they were selling it for and they acted like they were doing me a favor

Just be up front, I dont understand why they say it shipped one they damn well know it didnt. Definetly rubbed me the wrong way

Last edited by fast4door; 07-13-2011 at 01:47 PM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0