E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Water leaking into passenger floor??

01-07-2016, 12:38 PM   #1
Eddiee07
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328i

Water leaking into passenger floor??

So I took my car through an automatic car wash, my girlfriend was in the passenger seat and as soon as the water from above was getting sprayed onto my car my girlfriend noticed water coming from the back of my glove compartment onto the floor, shortly after my a.c. and heater gave out. Anyone have this issue? It's been raining heavily here in So cal So I want that problem fixed asap
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2016, 11:24 AM   #2
Vut
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: E91 LCI 328 xi

100% it is the seal at the bottom of the windshield and the plastic cover that covers the bottom of the windshield. If the seal is not properly attached to the bottom of the windshield and the plastic cover, it lets water run into the car. It drips onto the A/C blower that is behind/under the glove box (rusts out the fan) and then drips onto the passenger floor.

If you had an aftermarket windsheild installed, they might have not installed it correctly which could also lead to this problem (happened in my case).

For the blower motor, try taking it out yourself and using some DW-40 and re-install.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 08:13 PM   #3
Eddiee07
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vut View Post
100% it is the seal at the bottom of the windshield and the plastic cover that covers the bottom of the windshield. If the seal is not properly attached to the bottom of the windshield and the plastic cover, it lets water run into the car. It drips onto the A/C blower that is behind/under the glove box (rusts out the fan) and then drips onto the passenger floor.

If you had an aftermarket windsheild installed, they might have not installed it correctly which could also lead to this problem (happened in my case).

For the blower motor, try taking it out yourself and using some DW-40 and re-install.
Looking at it right now and your right the platic isn't directly fitted onto the windshield, any idea where I can get it fixed man?
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2016, 09:31 AM   #4
Vut
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: E91 LCI 328 xi

Dealer quoted me $1100 CDN to replace the windshield with the proper seal, so decided against that route.

It sounds ridiculous, but I used black duck tape to tape the the top of the plastic cowl/cover to the bottom of the windshield. Because the plastic is low in the windshield you don't notice it. And it worked, tape has lasted over a full Canadian winter and summer and I take my car through car washes.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2016, 10:42 PM   #5
Eddiee07
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vut View Post
Dealer quoted me $1100 CDN to replace the windshield with the proper seal, so decided against that route.

It sounds ridiculous, but I used black duck tape to tape the the top of the plastic cowl/cover to the bottom of the windshield. Because the plastic is low in the windshield you don't notice it. And it worked, tape has lasted over a full Canadian winter and summer and I take my car through car washes.
Well I'm for sure not going to pay $1100 dollars lol I'll try the duck tape out thanks brother really appreciate it
Appreciate 0