E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > CNET reviews the 335is. Best exhaust the reviewer has listened to!

07-15-2010, 08:08 PM   #67
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward View Post
Never say never. people who sound so sure, sound like old folks who are no longer flexible and unwilling to open their eyes to new things/technology.

Good luck though finding standard transmission cars in the future. Better stock up or you're gunna be one unhappy camper.
This whole argument remind me of the movie Demolition Man. Where they were going to have sex but now in the future all sex was through these virtual helmets.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2010, 10:57 AM   #68
Edward
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013.9999 E92 Jerez ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budfox27 View Post
To say a manual is antiquated or out of date is just plain stupid. It is a different form of driving a car. DCT is is slightly faster and probably not even noticeable.

If that's what you prefer, great, but cut the bullshit, it's not more engaging or only for the serious performance minded. Ridiculous.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=404481

Go see my video down the page where I film going uphill using DCT. It's plenty noticeable. Also, nobody said a DCT is more engaging. Manual is always more engaging. DCT just performs a little better. I understand that some will make the tradeoff of very slight performance for a bit more of an "engaging" drive which is fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
This whole argument remind me of the movie Demolition Man. Where they were going to have sex but now in the future all sex was through these virtual helmets.
That movie is hilarious. I was 9 when we watched it and we couldn't stop laughing at that part.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2010, 03:21 PM   #69
E92-Lighting
United_States
Rep
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

i totally agree with these proven facts
Appreciate 0