Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Sourcing Affordable Aggressive wheels

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

01-24-2013, 06:24 PM   #1
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Sourcing Affordable Aggressive wheels

I'm after some really properly aggressive wheels

available in

18/19x10/10.5 as low as -5, at least 0

but i don't really want to have to spring for $4k+ set of wheels.. i'm wiling to run a 10mm spacer so could go as high as say +10 offset
any suggestions?

thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 08:49 PM   #2
xzibit a
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

I believe you can get forgestars with those offsets, possible varrstoen, and maybe XXR
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 09:40 PM   #3
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzibit a View Post
I believe you can get forgestars with those offsets, possible varrstoen, and maybe XXR
varrstoen doesn't have anything i can use on their site unless i go a 10.5... and the offsets aren't perfect (only 3 to choose from)

super cheap though so an option, i'd rather the look of deep 10's though

forgestars ave the F14F which are a 3p for like $2700-$2800, their standards (F14 i like) don't have QUITE enough offset, but are an option.. 5-8mm of spacers would be OK, but still 5mm from perfect, and wouldn't look as good :/

and i'd PREFER 18's, since i only really need 355mm front rotors

also, i should mention i'd prefer concve wheels which is even more of a PITA lol. going regular lipped style makes it a cakewalk

Vossen i'm trying to get what their offsets are, no respose yet, also only 19+

i'll have a look at XXR< their wheels are nice but most seem only available in 9.75" max which isn't QUIIITE enough haa. no idea on offsets.

thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 07:16 AM   #4
xzibit a
Captain
Rep

Im right there with you i much perfer concave to a lip. I cant remember which forgestar wheel it was but i was looking at an 18x12, i know they make em. XXRs are super cheap and i know you can get the 521(LM STYLE ) in 10" WIDE VERSIONS

CF5-Super deep concave
18"
18×10 offsets from +10 to +50
18×11 offsets from +23 to +63
18×12 offsets from +36 to +75
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 10:10 AM   #5
Projekt_BooGie
Average Car Exceeding Expectations (ACEE)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i e92

Garage List
2007 e92  [7.00]
Vossens are not going to have the offsets you looking for. If I'm not mistaken I think the 19x10 offset is like 36mm or something like that.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ghlight=vossen

too much to list...just know its wide and bagged
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 07:47 AM   #6
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Im right there with you i much perfer concave to a lip. I cant remember which forgestar wheel it was but i was looking at an 18x12, i know they make em. XXRs are super cheap and i know you can get the 521(LM STYLE ) in 10" WIDE VERSIONS

CF5-Super deep concave
18"
18×10 offsets from +10 to +50
18×11 offsets from +23 to +63
18×12 offsets from +36 to +75
no way i can fit an 18x12.. i mean.. maybe in the rear, but the low offset is going in the front and that's as LOW as i can go, 10.5" MAX width... in the rear i could go an 11 or 12 no worries, and even a 10 offset is easy.

for a 10" wide i need a -5 for perfect, 0 preferably, and +5 AT WORST. i could MAYBE do a +10 with a 10mm spacer but it's still not perfect (5mm off)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACEE View Post
Vossens are not going to have the offsets you looking for. If I'm not mistaken I think the 19x10 offset is like 36mm or something like that.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ghlight=vossen
i can't find anything online about their offsets, and they haven't responded to emails or PM's..

36 is way WAY too high, weakkk haha

as much as i don't want a lip, if i NEED to get a lipped wheel, forgestar F14F's will probably be my choice as they're not HORRIBLY priced, and look mighty nice imo still.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 08:09 AM   #7
project335i
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Wide Load

Slap a 10 uprfront or atleast a 9.5 and then either do an 11 rear or 11.5, that all depends what your take of a ggressive set up is.

Also its never the same with reps the fit may be there but the finish is miles away from a quality wheels like BBS, VOLK, CCW etc. Why not just save up and get a quality set?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 08:15 AM   #8
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by project335i View Post
Slap a 10 uprfront or atleast a 9.5 and then either do an 11 rear or 11.5, that all depends what your take of a ggressive set up is.

Also its never the same with reps the fit may be there but the finish is miles away from a quality wheels like BBS, VOLK, CCW etc. Why not just save up and get a quality set?
9.5 is impossible, id' need -17 offset for proper fitment... and LOL at trying to find them off the shelf, 100% impossible... it would look AMAZING though lol.

if you read the top post i'm asking for 10" wide wheels with a -5 or 0 offset, if you don't call that aggressive, then shit, you must run some INSANE stuff. (yes the 10 -5 for the FRONT not the rear)

rears aren't too bad, you know, just a casual 1" widening of each rear fender -_-
Just the stuff everyone's doing yeah..

i don't need wheels that wide on the rear, it's just dead weight. i'd rather the look of lower offset, since i can fit the widest tires available (like a.. what... 295 on an 18 or 305 on a 19... it's all that's available in the profiles i need for a 1er.. sorry yes it's a 1er, but e90p is more active and you guys are more into crazy wheel fitment lol) pretty happily... or at least a 285 for 100% suresies.. 10" is the most i will ever need, i'd put the same tires on a 10 as an 11 or 12, and save a few lb per side.

this car's not only going to be really showy, but it's also going to see a lot of street class timeattack (full weight stuff), going an 11 or 11.5" rear wheel both doesn't look as good OR perform as well.

i want a proper square setup, equal track, equal tire tread width... or at least the ability to do so.. then tune traction from there, narrow the fronts etc.

i LOATHE stretch, doesn't protect the rim, looks retarded.

i doubt volk would make anything close to what i need, and $4k would be a LUCKY price.. same for Advans and any good japanese manuf... CCW's, for the price ($675-$700/wheel) don't seem to offer much more than most others i can see, though for custom offsets, if that's the solid price ... isn't TOO bad a price then... i might send them an email... aaaand BBS i wouldn't get away under close to $5k as far as i can tell...

also, most of the CCW's look like reps.. i mean.. CNC machined high grade aluminium forged reps, but still, same LOOK lol. ok i'll be honest, after having the CCW list up on a big screen going through it all, they're looking like an EXCELLENT (near) $3k option, definitely going to send them an email. thanks for making me think harder about them!

i'm not after reps ($1k per set or so) i'm after mid tier manufacturers, $2000-$2500 a set.. so far forgestar is wining at this price range, and if i had to spend more i'd look REALLY hard at a set of BC forged wheels.. though the CCW's look tempting depending on what i get as a reply in the email

i don't want super high end wheels because no one including me will ever tell the difference, and most of the price is simply because of the brand...

and i know you won't have seen what i'm doing... but 'saving up' isn't a thing i can reasonably do, i'm swapping an N54 into an E87, building the bottom end, port and polishing the head, and shooting for BIG power. i need to get the wide bumper not long after i put it in because the factory 130i bumper doesn't have big enough vents for the oil cooling, .. this kills the N54. lol.

i simply NEED the new body parts and wheels to suit for proper functionality and reliability reasons sadly lol"

the $2k i can save by not spending $4-$4.5k on a high end set of wheels can go into things that actually matter... like better coilovers, the BBK i need soon, bigger turbos (not long after the swap).. all sorts of things.

Last edited by flinchy; 01-26-2013 at 08:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 08:50 AM   #9
xzibit a
Captain
Rep

so you want to run negative offsets with high camber and meaty tires??? good freaking luck, unless your running a legit wide body kit.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 09:24 AM   #10
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
so you want to run negative offsets with high camber and meaty tires??? good freaking luck, unless your running a legit wide body kit.
no

2.5" per fender up the front, ER widebody.. current is 18x8.5 +45 (with a 5mm spacer) and it's 100% perfectly flush, exactly as i'd want it. (I'm on stock body atm of course lol, need wheels first >_< )

no camber.. well i have M3 control arms and BC coilovers, but it looks like the shop dialled it out to near 0 with the camber tops.. so yeah it all fits camberless, even though track use would probably benefit from camber in the future

wide, meaty, no unneccesary camber (maybe a teensy bit to totally guarantee rubless with the big tires, but i don't have a major issue now..)
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 01:38 PM   #11
xzibit a
Captain
Rep

High camber is More positive. Low camber is more negitave....

Honestly, With a custom build /fenders i think you need to pick a size Sounds like 18x10/11.5 find something that is somewhat agressive, then mount it and figure out exactly how much of a spacer you need for your look that your going for. Then order a custom set of wheels to those specs. Or buy adaptors to go to 5x114.3 and then you have probibly tons of choices and cn pick up something from nissan for muscle car forum.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 07:29 PM   #12
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
High camber is More positive. Low camber is more negitave....

Honestly, With a custom build /fenders i think you need to pick a size Sounds like 18x10/11.5 find something that is somewhat agressive, then mount it and figure out exactly how much of a spacer you need for your look that your going for. Then order a custom set of wheels to those specs. Or buy adaptors to go to 5x114.3 and then you have probibly tons of choices and cn pick up something from nissan for muscle car forum.
no, saying 'i have lots of camber' means negative, sunk INTO the body...

argh, read above, i don't want 11+ in teh rear, it's stupid and unneccessary. i can run a 295 or 305 on a 10 with no negatives, and that's the biggest tire i can possibly buy that's a 30 profile. and even then i'd need the speedo recalibrated slightly...

i don't want spacer, i don't want adaptors

if i was fine with a spacer, i wouldn't be asking this question.. a spacer is NOT the look i'm going for, because you then don't get the ACTUAL look of offset... that's just like saying 'go a +45 and put in a 45mm spacer'.. noooooo.

seriously, if you guys don't think what i' after is aggressive, what the hell do you guys run? i honestly want to know?!

And if you read my first post.. i said what size i want to find:

i want 18x10
and 18x10

or 18x10.5 at MOST. NO MORE.

or 19x* in the same sizes.

regardless, finding wheels for the rear is easy, it's a 10" wide with +26, every wheel maker and their dog sells that.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 11:21 PM   #13
xzibit a
Captain
Rep

well this is pointless, good luck.

PS +2 is more than -3. Most people are stupid and dont know what they are talking about
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2013, 12:06 AM   #14
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
well this is pointless, good luck.

PS +2 is more than -3. Most people are stupid and dont know what they are talking about
what's pointless?

i know what i want/need in terms of fitment

i know what i need in terms of performance (and i don't need more than a 295/305 tire, it's a 3200lb car...)

+2 (if you're talking about offset) means the wheel face is further into the body than -3 (by 5mm)... i know that.

I'm set on what sizes i want, i've measured accurately what i need to do to square off the track front and rear, and i've worked out and confirmed what widths and offsets achieve it.. if i went a 10.5 or 11 or 11.5 in the rear, it simply wouldn't look as good, and the tires would be stretched on slightly at that point.

if i had to i'd go slightly different sizes, but it has to be a NEED thing, because i don't want to... lower offset simply looks better lol.

and their are 2 reasons i don't want an adapter or spacer: it's going to be tracked and tracked hard, spacers and adapters are a liability on the street, and that's magnified tenfold on the track

it's also going to be daily driven, i need to get the extra width engineered, made legal, because the police LOVE handing out fines for modified cars, and getting it engineered with spacers? yeah that's extra difficulty that i don't need.. plus again, spacers and adapters aren't optimum for safety.

Last edited by flinchy; 01-27-2013 at 12:11 AM..
Appreciate 0