E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > recently buy a Monaco Blue 320i

07-03-2009, 04:50 PM   #1
dansanhdieu
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i

recently buy a Monaco Blue 320i

Hi all ,

I am new to this forum as i recently purchased a BMW 320i 2006 Model . Monaco Blue / Beige Interior .

My car just have normal headlight as previously driving a Honda Accord Euro with Xeon Headlight , i am thinking about install Xeon into this 320i , does anyone here in Sydney know how much does it cost including installation ?

my 320i only have stock 16" wheel if i wanted to upgrade to 17" or 18" which one should i go with ?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 07:08 PM   #2
mark325
Europhile
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 06 E90 325i Manual

Very Very Expensive LOL, Ive researched this path alot.
If i were to do it, I would want all OEM and Genuine parts and be as Legal as possible. To this you need headlights which Auto Dim. RoverActive in USA sell a retrofit KIT. Which includes everything you would need to perform this. Its $100 more for the AHL kit, Which has the adaptive or Cornering headlights So id Suggest getting that but below is whats included in the kit.

Xenon wiring harness
Rear level sensor wiring harness
ALC wiring harness
Connection cable
Right headlight
Left headlight
2 x level sensors
Rear control rod
Front control rod
Rear holder
Control rod holder
Front holder
4 x Allen screw M5 x 10
2 x Expanding nut M6
2 x Hexagonal screw M6 x 16mm
3 x Hexagonal nut M6
Collar nut M12 x 1.5
20 x Cable ties 200 x 3.6mm
2 x Warning stickers
2 x Miniature connectors
Light Switch Module
Footwell Module

$2,899.95 + $124.95 Delivery to Aus. All prices are in US.

Heres the link to the item.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...Q5fAccessories

'06 E90 325i 6MT | Full M3 Kit | H&R Euro Race | VMR V710 | Colour Kidneys

AusBMW :: My Tutorials
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 08:04 PM   #3
dansanhdieu
Rep

Well that indeed very expensive $3000 USD for a mod .

Thank you for your info , i might just buy a Phillips White Bulb and change it over my stock bulb .

Do you know any info about Interior LED Kit

I am looking to change it as this thread showing DIY

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273231

But i am not sure where to buy the Kit from
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 10:41 PM   #4
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 325Ci Individual

Garage List
If you're wanting to upgrade your wheels, I wouldn't go any smaller then an 18 inch. 19's are standard on alot of the e9x's anyway.

I would personally go 20 inch. I always like one size above what is standard, hence the "upgrade".

If you have the cash to go for the xenon mod, it'd be a good one, but you will never make your money back on anything you spend on the car when it comes time to sell it.
      07-03-2009, 11:37 PM   #5
mark325
Europhile
South Africa
Rep

Depends on the Ride quality I suppose, I disagree with Astra and Id say go 19's and run a slightly bigger profile that you would run on 20's But thats just My opinion. I prefer comfort, And cant freaking wait to rid myself of run flats. Another thing is the performance factor you have a 320, I would definitely avoid the 20". Tbh I would be running either 18's or 19's. You don't want to destroy the ride and you don't want your car to feel like its going backwards. Sorry Kimmy :P

Appreciate 0
      07-05-2009, 02:17 AM   #6
dansanhdieu
Rep

Talking about comfort on the road , after taking the car home for 1 week , i found out that the suspension of the car is not that good , my previous car is Honda Accord Euro which is abit bigger car with 2.4L engine have a better suspension .

I feel a little bumpy on old Sydney Road like Canterbury Rd , but when it come to hump it actually better than my accord , when i drive is this just only because i expect so much from a BMW or there is something wrong with my suspension that i need to check out . it 2006 Model but already have 90.000 KM

I know i need to do a wheel alignment for my 320 coz it tend to go to the left hand side of the road .
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2009, 02:42 AM   #7
mark325
Europhile
South Africa
Rep

Its the run flats man, They are terriblly hard. Swap em out for standard tyres when they are due and you will notice the world of difference.

Appreciate 0
      07-05-2009, 03:54 AM   #8
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansanhdieu View Post
Talking about comfort on the road , after taking the car home for 1 week , i found out that the suspension of the car is not that good , my previous car is Honda Accord Euro which is abit bigger car with 2.4L engine have a better suspension .

I feel a little bumpy on old Sydney Road like Canterbury Rd , but when it come to hump it actually better than my accord , when i drive is this just only because i expect so much from a BMW or there is something wrong with my suspension that i need to check out . it 2006 Model but already have 90.000 KM

I know i need to do a wheel alignment for my 320 coz it tend to go to the left hand side of the road .
At 90,000km and 3 years old I would be having the suspension checked out especially, if your car probably might not even be still running the run flats.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2009, 06:56 AM   #9
MFKN3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: supercharged 4.4L stroker E92

20" rims are not going to be riding on a lot of rubber, so the ride will be harder and pot holes will hate you.

If you're going to swap the bulbs, please don't get those ricey bright blue bulbs that blind oncomers!!
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2009, 07:33 AM   #10
dansanhdieu
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark325 View Post
Its the run flats man, They are terriblly hard. Swap em out for standard tyres when they are due and you will notice the world of difference.
I hope its the run flats , and hope there is nothing wrong with the suspension .

By 90.000 km i think last owner already changed the run flat ? How many KM normally you can get with original run flats tyres ? If it was something wrong with the suspension , is it expensive to fix ?

Anyway i will look for a dealer with have a look at my wheel alignment and check out the suspension sometime soon ,

Anyone know any affordable mechanics shop in Sydney can do the jobs or do i have to bring it to BMW Canterbury or Trivette BMW in Parramatta ? i read on other thread that BMW charge $180 for a wheel alignment .
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2009, 07:40 AM   #11
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansanhdieu View Post
I hope its the run flats , and hope there is nothing wrong with the suspension .

By 90.000 km i think last owner already changed the run flat ? How many KM normally you can get with original run flats tyres ?
Depends how the original driver drove the car...Even if he drove sensibly, he would have been lucky to get 30,000 km's from original run craps..

So your car should be on its third set of tyres by now..
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2009, 08:10 AM   #12
dansanhdieu
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu View Post
Depends how the original driver drove the car...Even if he drove sensibly, he would have been lucky to get 30,000 km's from original run craps..

So your car should be on its third set of tyres by now..
How can i tell if the tyres i am running on now is a run flats or non-run flats ?

I will have a look at the detail tomorrow and post it up here .
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2009, 05:54 PM   #13
VGR00
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 430i Gran Coupe

Welcome to the forum.....

Just my quick thoughts on your proposed mods -: Leave the headlights as they are. Sure they are not as good or look like Xenon but they are not that bad and do the job they were designed for properly. You don't want to start playing with the cars electrics and certainly stay away from those cheap and nasty $200 conversion kits on Ebay. Suffing something up will lead to a trip to the dealer and it won't be cheap to rectify.

I've gone with 19" wheels and I would definitly not go any bigger. 19" suit the size of the car and ride comfort is similar to 17" with run flats. If you put on a set of 19" wheels with new tryres you will immediatly think ride comfort is better. It is but will slowly get worse as the tyres wear.

As for your current perception of your vehicles ride comfort, I think there are a lot of variable to take into concideration before even thinking you have a problem with the suspension. Firstly make sure your tyre pressure is correct. An over inflated tyre will make the car bounce all over the place. Secondly, how worn are the tyres. If you have less than 3mm of tread left then you can expect ride comfort to suffer as opposed to a new tyre. Then lastly, the brand or quality of tyre will also have an impact. A tyre with a harder compound will have a harsher ride than one with a softer compound.
Appreciate 0