E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Bilstein troubles

08-07-2011, 02:06 PM   #23
Funkmob
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i E92 space grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeller View Post
I took a look at mine yesterday and I was pushing the wheel top and botttom. I could only feel the slightest bit of play/hardly anything at all. I could not even conclude where that small of an amout was coming from. I will be sure to keep any eye on it in the future.

Thanks

Jeller

Its best you have someone move the wheel for you while you put your fingers on that place where piston goes into shock body. If there isn't a substantial amount of play to feel , then i would not worry , your shocks are most likely fine then.
335I AT 2007. Vishnu V5 / UR CAI / HPF Intercooler / ER Charge pipe / Synapse BOV / Macht Shnell dp's / Vanguard catless exhaust / BSH occ / Labonte S4 Meth injection / Quiafe LSD / Full M3 suspension parts / Bilstein PSS10 / EBC brakes and lines / RB turbo's
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2011, 12:57 PM   #24
MDiesel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkmob View Post
Its best you have someone move the wheel for you while you put your fingers on that place where piston goes into shock body. If there isn't a substantial amount of play to feel , then i would not worry , your shocks are most likely fine then.
I'm having the same problem on my B14 PSS bought and instaled last month.
The problem is that I'm not getting Any responce from Bilstein.
I'm getting very frustated with this...
E90 320d MSport | Dakota Terra | Blacklines | Öhlins R&T 343F/686R | Swift Thrust Sheets | M3 Front Control/ Tension Arm Kit | M3 Rear Guide Rod and Upper Link Kit | M3 Subframe Bushes | M3 Anti-roll bar bushes | BMWP Brakes Front+Rear | Ferodo DS2500 |Goodridge Brake Lines | MTEC V3 |
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 01:04 AM   #25
asian010
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

any update?
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 05:38 AM   #26
Alpina_B3_Lux
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 LMX, BMW M550i xDrive

Garage List
2009 335i  [8.90]
Just FYI, I've had the same problem with my Bilstein B16 Ride Control ever since I installed it for the first time last year. My shop (who is also a Bilstein dealer) contacted Bilstein who (naturally) claimed not to know anything.

Several members of German car forums have also complained of the same issue, and have received a response from Bilstein that the issue is known to them and should be fixed now (which obviously contradicts the statement my shop received hereabove).

I have sent my front shocks to Bilstein through my shop and will see what they do with them. We'll also have to discuss some recompense for installation time, because that's each time a couple hundred EUR which I'm not happy about (with a coilover in that price range).

Alpina_B3_Lux
      08-25-2011, 05:34 PM   #27
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: A metal box with a roundel

My driver side strut( not sure if it's that or the tire) is making a hollow/clunking noise especially when turning right up into my drive way. Right when the tire goes over the raised part where the driveway begins.....

Funkmob, is that what you experienced? Also, who should I contact that will get a immediate yet satisfactory response? The place I bought the suspension from, or Bilstein Headquarters?

I wish I had a mic that's sensitive enough to capture the noise I'm talking about. But with all the ambient noise plus the engine noise and my exhaust, the only way to hear/feel that is to be in the driver seat.....sad.

TIA

'08 AW E90 335i
PROcede V5 | BMS DCI | RR DPs | ETS FMIC | FORGE DVs | Stett CP | Vanguard | PSS10
Appreciate 0