E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Went in for BMW Service Now Have Chipped Hood!!

04-17-2013, 01:00 PM   #1
roccob1123
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328xi Coupe

Went in for BMW Service Now Have Chipped Hood!!

This is the first time I have brought my BMW into the dealer for service since I bought a certified pre-owned. It was for the battery recall. I take the car back home and take a look at the hood and their are now 2 pinkie side chips on the left side of my hood! So frustrating, so I called my rep who I dealt with and no call back. What type of action can I take here, they are not really big enough to take the time out of my day to get them repainted. What should they do? Any suggestions. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 03:39 PM   #2
kaede
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

I hate it when these sorta things happen... they proably will not claim themselves repsonsible. Nothing you can do, wait until your hood gets stratched up even more/ more paint chips before you get it repainted? Good Luck
08' E90 M3 6MT - DD
13' W212 E63 AMG Wagon
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 06:31 PM   #3
NJ Krish
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw 328xi 2008 Coupe

Garage List
2008 Bmw 328xi  [10.00]
I would complain to the service manager or something if they don't work with you to get it fixed etc. If you keep at it and its pretty small maybe they will fix it or touch it up.
How big is it?
How good is the dealership (reviews, etc)?
You 100% sure its by them? I don't see what they could of done to damage the roof unless they washed the car after maybe?
Current 2008 Bmw 328xi Coupe Sport N51 /w 3 stage IM | VMR 710 w/ Conti DWS | AA Tune Stage 2 | AA Signature Exhaust | Red Cyba scoops | Lux V4 | Euro-box mod w/ Silicone intake hose | Eibach pro kit w/ Bilstein Sport | Carbon Fiber Hood powerdome | Mtech Bumper w/ Akyrim CF lip
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 08:01 PM   #4
roccob1123
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328xi Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njzkrish View Post
I would complain to the service manager or something if they don't work with you to get it fixed etc. If you keep at it and its pretty small maybe they will fix it or touch it up.
How big is it?
How good is the dealership (reviews, etc)?
You 100% sure its by them? I don't see what they could of done to damage the roof unless they washed the car after maybe?
Sucks still no call back from the rep that I worked with. I left a message explaining the problem don't think I will get a call back though. The chips are actually pretty big both are about the size of my pinkie finger and its on the corner of my hood. The dealer was a BMW dealer in Hartford CT with decent reviews. However all of the dealerships around my area seemed to suck when it came to reviews. I think they dropped a tool on it when the hood was closed. Man this sucks!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 08:13 PM   #5
NJ Krish
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw 328xi 2008 Coupe

Garage List
2008 Bmw 328xi  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by roccob1123 View Post
Sucks still no call back from the rep that I worked with. I left a message explaining the problem don't think I will get a call back though. The chips are actually pretty big both are about the size of my pinkie finger and its on the corner of my hood. The dealer was a BMW dealer in Hartford CT with decent reviews. However all of the dealerships around my area seemed to suck when it came to reviews. I think they dropped a tool on it when the hood was closed. Man this sucks!
I would say don't wait it out, go to the dealer as soon as you can and look for the advisor if not there ask for service manager and see what he/she can do. As days spread they can just blame it on you.
Current 2008 Bmw 328xi Coupe Sport N51 /w 3 stage IM | VMR 710 w/ Conti DWS | AA Tune Stage 2 | AA Signature Exhaust | Red Cyba scoops | Lux V4 | Euro-box mod w/ Silicone intake hose | Eibach pro kit w/ Bilstein Sport | Carbon Fiber Hood powerdome | Mtech Bumper w/ Akyrim CF lip
Appreciate 0