E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Newb

08-15-2010, 12:19 PM   #1
MegaGeek
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i coupé

Newb

Hey everyone,

First time poster. Just like to say that this forum seems awesome. Just from perusing through the various threads Q&As I can already tell this is going to be a much more enjoyable experience for me then the "other site" I was a part of.

Im the new owner of a 07 335i. I love the car, although it definitely has its problems. Sucks because I just bought it, but thats what brings me here.

Couple of questions if I may?

Does the balance of the factory warranty roll over to the new owner of the vehicle (god I hope so). I have the car going in for what I believe it the waste gate issue, although it sounds like it could be the whole turbo.

How do you guys find the clutch? In other words, if you could describe your clutch, from the way it feels to the technique you use operating it, how would you describe it?

Any info/help/advice you could pass on would be greatly appreciated boys.

MG
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2010, 12:42 PM   #2
yabcoder
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan

i just bought a 335i with a MT and i must say the clutch is very sensative to everything your doing, it is taking me a long time to get used to it, but basically i have to keep just the right amount of throttle down and time my pressing of the clutch perfectly going from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. This is easier to do when at higher rpms but most of the time i am just trying to drive normal. I have heard that deleting the CDV will help but think it is most of a sensitive throttle + drive train characteristic then the CDV doing anything. Maybe the CDV delete will make the timing easier to perfect.

Well good luck, welcome to the forums and most importantly ENJOY THE CAR

pics: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=415615
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2010, 12:43 PM   #3
atwell3993
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335xi

1. yes

2. If your having trouble, someone on here makes a stop-block for it, that stops the clutch a little after it disengages the gear. I dont remember who, but im sure someone after me will.

08 335xi | Sport | Cold Weather | Black on black | KW V1 | 19" VMR VB3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
When even your heroes are criminals, what do you expect?
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2010, 12:46 PM   #4
slowSwede
Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 335 coupe

As long as the car has been serviced according to Bmw recommendations the guarantees transfer to new owners.

As for the clutch, I find it to be a "normal" clutch.

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2010, 12:48 PM   #5
slowSwede
Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 335 coupe

Also, as for this forum I do think it's a good place just the same as you.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2010, 01:48 PM   #6
MegaGeek
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i coupé

@ yabcoder
Brilliant, thats exactly how I would describe it. Funny thing, the clutch feels silky smooth when packing gears, but almost broken under daily circumstances. I can deal with this as long as thats normal, might get some getting used too. I had the same kind of experience going from a Honda civic to a VW on my last purchase.

@slowSwede
What if the car has been in a collision and was repaired by a 3rd party body shop through insurance? My car had very mild front end damage that resulted in basically the front quarter panel being replaces and repainted. The head lights were even damaged. Everything is scheduled BMW service before that.
Appreciate 0