E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > BMW ASSIST

08-10-2005, 03:59 AM   #1
DEAN325i
LTBMW
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW e92 M3

Garage List
2006 E90 325i  [0.00]
BMW ASSIST

Just wondering what other conviences we can get out of this. I know that you can use it to get a tow truck if your stuck and other emergency type situations. But i hear theres a conceirge service through it also. Like what can they do? and does it cost money to use it each time for the concerige service? Let me know what you guys use it for. thanks
      08-10-2005, 06:38 AM   #2
06graphite
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328xi Coupe

There's also stolen vehicle recovery, kinda like lojack.

As far as the concierge service goes, I don't think you have to pay for it as long as you call the 800 number, but if you call from the car I think there's a fee...

Have you looked at the description on BMW's website?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2005, 09:38 AM   #3
itznin
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30

I just declined my BMW Assist at delivery.

I know it's free for one year but I don't want to get used to it or have any passion to purchase it because it isn't worth the insane yearly price they want to charge for it.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2005, 10:28 PM   #4
collinp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAN325i
Just wondering what other conviences we can get out of this. I know that you can use it to get a tow truck if your stuck and other emergency type situations. But i hear theres a conceirge service through it also. Like what can they do? and does it cost money to use it each time for the concerige service? Let me know what you guys use it for. thanks
You can get weather info, directions, traffic information. Supposedly they can even set up reservations at restaurants. It's ridiculously expensive however. It's $4.95 a call for concierge services in addition to the several hundred dollar yearly fee. I'm pretty free with my money, but there's no way that's worth it to me.

- Collin
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2005, 07:27 AM   #5
06graphite
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328xi Coupe

I know they charge you $4.95 each time you call for "enhanced services" through the car's system, but I was under the impression that if you called their 800 number from a "regular" phone there was no charge....

Anyone actually tried the concierge yet?
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2005, 10:59 AM   #6
jiggax23
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90

concierge only charges for weather, directions, and traffic info, everything else is free.... i have them look up movie times for me all the time and never even go to the movies... hahah... you also get one free call for weather, directions, and traffic, after that, its 4.95. i've read they solve math problems too, as well as make reservations, buy u tickets, etc. i've also used them as a telephone directory, since my phone carrier charges like $2 for it. but do a search on this thread, it has been discussed a few times before
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2005, 11:20 PM   #7
Steply
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 330i Graphite

Wow -- I should just sit at my desk with internet access and start my own "concierge" service... but I'll charge a discount -- just $4.00 per call... If you call me on my cell phone, I can just use my home phone as a second line in order to call restaurants to make reservations... Ooh, and I'd only charge $500 per year for this service, so get in line folks, and sign up now!

Hmmmmm, now this service sounds really crazy... but I think that you only get bluetooth in your car if you get BMW Assist installed...

Does anyone know if the bluetooth will still work in your car if you cancel your BMW Assist service after a year? Or will they be vindictive and disable bluetooth if you don't renew?
Appreciate 0