E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Sac valley member chat thread

09-23-2013, 10:53 PM   #3125
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, E70 X5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma6 View Post
Wow! Now thats a list.
My gf gave me sh!t for buying my friends car. Its a bmw blah blah blah. Within a month my battery went out. I asked her jump and never heard the end of it. "I told you... Bmw sucks Blah blah" so i bought a battery booster so i never ask her again. She bought a used accord and hers went out at 30k. Mine was at 55k. I gave her so much crap i almost became single

I was fortunate that the water pump went out a week before my friend gave me the car lol
LOLOL!!! as i always tell people, BMW - Break My Wallet

yes my wife used to say that to me, how come there's so many shit breaks in your car. and it never happened in our old 07 4Runner.

i was like, that mofo WP leaks at 50k! pretty much same shit as my E90 anyway.

now even i got her a E70, she better not saying that, LOL.... she loves the X5 so much and thrown all the BS away =)

Last edited by lawwailok; 09-24-2013 at 12:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 11:08 PM   #3126
buster84
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335I X-Drive E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawwailok View Post
i think we usually hold up meet on either a friday night or Sat. which is very reasonable hour. we used to have a lot of folks (non e90post memeber, they are mainly on m3f and bimmerpost) from elk grove and some from roseville too.
A weekend date would be better. Friday and Saturday might be hard for most, but What about a Sunday 6pm meet? I can see that working well for most. Maybe we should try and get it going again?

Quote:
did you get ur car fixed yet?

i just put in a new cap and test drove for a bit, mixed with normal and aggressive WOT. no code whatsoever YET. i hope it is only the bad gas cap. this POS is aging and a lot of parts are falling apart! yes, it already has 61k miles, and i bet its hitting 70+ like human age, shit started not functioning one by one. LOL
Dam only 61k... I'm at 65k and I have a 2009 lol. I havn't had any of the issue's you've had (nock on wood). Maybe the 2007-2008 models had most of the kinks and 2009+ had more worked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma6 View Post
Mines right with urs and holding up just fine. But no. I decided to go through niello collision center and was supposed to get the estimate approved by AAA. Im going to contact them as its been 2weeks as of today and no call, although hertz rentals contacted me and approved the rental. It usually takes me 40+mins to talk to someone. Total BS. Im wasting my time on this sh!t that i get very lazy to call, but will do tomorrow. Just sucks im the one to deal with it while not being at fault.

That collision center is the WORST!!! The repair service is good, but their customer service is beyond terrible. I even paid cash!

Someone hit me from behind, dropped the car off there for an estimate. They said it would be fixed in one week. Signed papers and walked away. A week later i call them asking them whats going on. They said, it should be done in next week because they got backed up. Then i called again a week later. They then told me that my service provider didn't process my paperwork because he was waiting on my insurance. I told him from the first day i was paying cash to fix it. I wanted it fixed ASAP. So after two weeks they tell me it'll be done in a week. Another week goes by, I cant get any call backs for some reason so i stop by. The car was tore down, in the parking lot sitting there. My service provider was supposed to call me to approve additional repairs than the first estimate.

I signed the paperwork, and then they said it'll be done next week. Then a week later i stop by again. Find out that the parts didn't arrive, but they would their very soon. He then said the car will be done next week. I then came back, and the car was finally (almost done) they needed to re-install it all after paint. So i came back 4 days later on the day they said it would be ready. So i arrive at 10am and its not done. They said they will call me. I show up at 5pm to find out it's still not done. I waited an hr and a half and finally got the car. It was dark and i was already irritated, let the service rep do the final inspection, he gave me my keys and left.

Worst part about everything is that the next day i go out and look at the car in the sun and I see an M-Sport bumper. I took a second look and was like WTF. I told him in the beginning that I wanted a 2012 bmw 335is rear bumper and he even called up and got the correct part numbers for it and ordered it. I seriously couldn't believe that I FREAKING GOT an M-Sport Bumper! I was so pissed! I almost went back and yelled at them. I looked at my invoice and was never charged for the 335i bumper. So i just left it alone and never went back.

I've thought about going back and forcing them to replace the bottom piece, but after such TERRIBLE service i couldn't bring myself to step foot in that place again. Apparently the m-sport bumper is the 335i bumper but with a different bottom piece. The Sales rep screwed up on that part which is why i got the m-port bottom. I'm happy with the m-sport but would I have rather got what i planned from the beginning.

I HIGHLY suggest you call them EVERYDAY to check on things. They will not return calls either. If you cant get ahold of them on the phone, you need to drop by. That was the only way i got any progress. Nielo is such a bad company its beyond ridiculous. I hope they fail one day.

It took me just about 2 months to get my car back. Gamma6 If you do not harass them you will not see your car for a very long time.
2007 Bmw X5 (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 11:26 PM   #3127
Gamma6
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster84 View Post
A weekend date would be better. Friday and Saturday might be hard for most, but What about a Sunday 6pm meet? I can see that working well for most. Maybe we should try and get it going again?

Dam only 61k... I'm at 65k and I have a 2009 lol. I havn't had any of the issue's you've had (nock on wood). Maybe the 2007-2008 models had most of the kinks and 2009+ had more worked out.

That collision center is the WORST!!! The repair service is good, but their customer service is beyond terrible. I even paid cash!

Someone hit me from behind, dropped the car off there for an estimate. They said it would be fixed in one week. Signed papers and walked away. A week later i call them asking them whats going on. They said, it should be done in next week because they got backed up. Then i called again a week later. They then told me that my service provider didn't process my paperwork because he was waiting on my insurance. I told him from the first day i was paying cash to fix it. I wanted it fixed ASAP. So after two weeks they tell me it'll be done in a week. Another week goes by, I cant get any call backs for some reason so i stop by. The car was tore down, in the parking lot sitting there. My service provider was supposed to call me to approve additional repairs than the first estimate.

I signed the paperwork, and then they said it'll be done next week. Then a week later i stop by again. Find out that the parts didn't arrive, but they would their very soon. He then said the car will be done next week. I then came back, and the car was finally (almost done) they needed to re-install it all after paint. So i came back 4 days later on the day they said it would be ready. So i arrive at 10am and its not done. They said they will call me. I show up at 5pm to find out it's still not done. I waited an hr and a half and finally got the car. It was dark and i was already irritated, let the service rep do the final inspection, he gave me my keys and left.

Worst part about everything is that the next day i go out and look at the car in the sun and I see an M-Sport bumper. I took a second look and was like WTF. I told him in the beginning that I wanted a 2012 bmw 335is rear bumper and he even called up and got the correct part numbers for it and ordered it. I seriously couldn't believe that I FREAKING GOT an M-Sport Bumper! I was so pissed! I almost went back and yelled at them. I looked at my invoice and was never charged for the 335i bumper. So i just left it alone and never went back.

I've thought about going back and forcing them to replace the bottom piece, but after such TERRIBLE service i couldn't bring myself to step foot in that place again. Apparently the m-sport bumper is the 335i bumper but with a different bottom piece. The Sales rep screwed up on that part which is why i got the m-port bottom. I'm happy with the m-sport but would I have rather got what i planned from the beginning.

I HIGHLY suggest you call them EVERYDAY to check on things. They will not return calls either. If you cant get ahold of them on the phone, you need to drop by. That was the only way i got any progress. Nielo is such a bad company its beyond ridiculous. I hope they fail one day.

It took me just about 2 months to get my car back. Gamma6 If you do not harass them you will not see your car for a very long time.
Damn that really sucks. Im having trouble just getting the freaking estimate approved lol. Thanks for the pointers. My friend got his x5 fixed there and said service was ok he just had to call a few times. They also messed up his carpet in the trunk area. And it so happened to be in a spot that the camera angle missed it when they first took it in. He complained and they eventually gave him a new one.
This is starting to worry me. Just that i dont want to deal with obtaining estimates and waiting for it to get approved. Plus i have already notified AAA that ive chosen neilo ill see what AAA says tom. And when ill be able to take it in. They said 5day repair and dont see more than 3days of work. But as long as i have a rental ill be fine but i WILL complain lol
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2013, 12:35 AM   #3128
enigma99a
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 ZCP M3

Quote:
LOL you don't wanna see what i've been replacing recently.

since last year, new serpentine belt, new injectors, walnut shell blasting, new WP, to recent - boost solenoids, vanos solenoids, LPFP, RB PVC valve, new plugs, coils. there's gotta be some missing as i don't remember how many shit i've been just replaced as a preventative maint.

i love and hate this SOB

Good lord. The only issue I've had in the past year is HPFP, plugs, new injectors. Although I suspect vanos could be getting close.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2013, 12:34 PM   #3129
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
so after another morning drive, looks like it is the stupid worn out gas cap triggered the damn 2A15 code and popped "close gas cap" on dash. sometimes i feel like im driving a ticking bomb everyday, you never know what code it is gonna pop up in the next minute. LOL!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2013, 12:56 PM   #3130
buster84
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
so after another morning drive, looks like it is the stupid worn out gas cap triggered the damn 2A15 code and popped "close gas cap" on dash. sometimes i feel like im driving a ticking bomb everyday, you never know what code it is gonna pop up in the next minute. LOL!!!!!!!!!!
Wait... I'm confused. I thought you changed the gas cap to a new one?
2007 Bmw X5 (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2013, 01:02 PM   #3131
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Wait... I'm confused. I thought you changed the gas cap to a new one?
yea i changed it yesterday afternoon, just a confirm that the cap caused the code and SES.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2013, 01:15 PM   #3132
buster84
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
yea i changed it yesterday afternoon, just a confirm that the cap caused the code and SES.
Oh, so you put the old one back on. haha. Well if the code pops up fast, I still suggest tossing it on your x5. You never know what other "free" warranty things you could get from a "free diagnostic" since you know 100% its the cap and they'll fix it under warranty. Plus, you'll have a new gas cap if it ever happens again.
2007 Bmw X5 (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2013, 01:26 PM   #3133
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Oh, so you put the old one back on. haha. Well if the code pops up fast, I still suggest tossing it on your x5. You never know what other "free" warranty things you could get from a "free diagnostic" since you know 100% its the cap and they'll fix it under warranty. Plus, you'll have a new gas cap if it ever happens again.
hahaha no i didn't put it back on. but since the new one is in, code never show up again. if it was the old cap, it popped everytime i drive. so i'll say that should be it.

it's ok i have a very good SA at elk grove so he will pretty much do me a lot of favors as if i needed from the service. i know it's hard to get that price now, but 2 years ago, he only charged me $300 on walnut shell blasting. i say that was a steal! sometimes they are not "stealership" as people described
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2013, 01:33 PM   #3134
buster84
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
hahaha no i didn't put it back on. but since the new one is in, code never show up again. if it was the old cap, it popped everytime i drive. so i'll say that should be it.

it's ok i have a very good SA at elk grove so he will pretty much do me a lot of favors as if i needed from the service. i know it's hard to get that price now, but 2 years ago, he only charged me $300 on walnut shell blasting. i say that was a steal! sometimes they are not "stealership" as people described
Dam really? Haha you should go up their with me and introduce me to him (although i hate neillo, every tech is different and elk grove hasn't been on my bad list other than the sales department, fulton's service department i'll never go to). I need to get walnut blasting done. I also need that battery recall done lol.

The only reason i haven't done the battery recall is that i only have 1 car right now. Do they give you loaners for recalls?

I also need to replace my e85 with 91 that way i can get back on the stock tune and remove the proceed lol.
2007 Bmw X5 (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2013, 01:49 PM   #3135
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Dam really? Haha you should go up their with me and introduce me to him (although i hate neillo, every tech is different and elk grove hasn't been on my bad list other than the sales department, fulton's service department i'll never go to). I need to get walnut blasting done. I also need that battery recall done lol.

The only reason i haven't done the battery recall is that i only have 1 car right now. Do they give you loaners for recalls?

I also need to replace my e85 with 91 that way i can get back on the stock tune and remove the proceed lol.

yea there are 2 SA at elk grove are very nice. i think they will give out loaner. i bought my E90 there so even tho there's no warranty on it no more, they still give me loaner when i go in and do my out of pocket services. i didn't buy my E70 from there but it is still under warranty, they also give out loaner for me to joy when i take my E70 in.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2013, 05:34 PM   #3136
buster84
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
yea there are 2 SA at elk grove are very nice. i think they will give out loaner. i bought my E90 there so even tho there's no warranty on it no more, they still give me loaner when i go in and do my out of pocket services. i didn't buy my E70 from there but it is still under warranty, they also give out loaner for me to joy when i take my E70 in.
Damit! I got a check engine light and a code P29CD. I might need to see the dealer sooner than i planned. Your luck is rubbing off onto me lawailok. You must have drove by my house and left tossed your luck into my backyard

Im not sure if i have any factory warranty left at 65k. I have an extended warranty but its a $300 deductible (mostly got it because of the hard top, if it ever malfunctioned thats alot of $$$).

I'm going to pull my plugs once my engine cools down and see what they look like and go from their. I'm getting a rough idle, and very slow acceleration. I'm either guessing that the cyc 1 coil is dead, or the plug broke. In a way i hope its the fuel injector. If it is, ill take it to bmw pay my $300 and let them replace all 6 since they no longer sell the old ones. That would be my ideal situation
2007 Bmw X5 (Sold)

Last edited by buster84; 09-24-2013 at 05:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2013, 06:16 PM   #3137
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Damit! I got a check engine light and a code P29CD. I might need to see the dealer sooner than i planned. Your luck is rubbing off onto me lawailok. You must have drove by my house and left tossed your luck into my backyard

Im not sure if i have any factory warranty left at 65k. I have an extended warranty but its a $300 deductible (mostly got it because of the hard top, if it ever malfunctioned thats alot of $$$).

I'm going to pull my plugs once my engine cools down and see what they look like and go from their. I'm getting a rough idle, and very slow acceleration. I'm either guessing that the cyc 1 coil is dead, or the plug broke. In a way i hope its the fuel injector. If it is, ill take it to bmw pay my $300 and let them replace all 6 since they no longer sell the old ones. That would be my ideal situation
LOL!!! that's my pleasure! jk

yea shit always happens one after another. i do notice now, after some WOT pulls, once i park in the garage and close the door, my garage smells a hint of gasoline... wtf!? only thing we did was a oem lpfp replacement. i do not see any drop on the floor tho. i don't smell any gas inside the cabin either. the only area i smell gas after the car has been driven is by the right passenger rear wheel. it is not super strong but definitely after some aggressive runs, it is definitely there. after the car is cool off, the smell is gone. what takes?

@buster84, if you need to test out coil, i do keep my old one as spare if you want to borrow them to try. i have a set of 1500 miles only OEM plugs just pulled out last week too. lmk if you need the parts to do testing.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2013, 08:45 PM   #3138
buster84
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawwailok
Quote:

LOL!!! that's my pleasure! jk

yea shit always happens one after another. i do notice now, after some WOT pulls, once i park in the garage and close the door, my garage smells a hint of gasoline... wtf!? only thing we did was a oem lpfp replacement. i do not see any drop on the floor tho. i don't smell any gas inside the cabin either. the only area i smell gas after the car has been driven is by the right passenger rear wheel. it is not super strong but definitely after some aggressive runs, it is definitely there. after the car is cool off, the smell is gone. what takes?

@buster84, if you need to test out coil, i do keep my old one as spare if you want to borrow them to try. i have a set of 1500 miles only OEM plugs just pulled out last week too. lmk if you need the parts to do testing.
Well the plug looks good, must be the coil or injector. Blah. Now I need a coil to test.

Law, check your pm. Lol
2007 Bmw X5 (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2013, 08:45 PM   #3139
buster84
Major
United_States
Rep

Forgot the pic
2007 Bmw X5 (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2013, 09:14 PM   #3140
buster84
Major
United_States
Rep

The picture never uploaded lol. The pic timed out the first time. It Still sucks that you can't edit your post and add the picture instead being forced to create a me post.

I'm thinking that it's the coil for sure. I pulled the first one and after in-installing the spark plug and about to install the coil again i realized that it was cold. I was surprised since the engine was still hot, so then i took out a few other coils and they were pretty warm to the touch. The first coil was cold. My conclusion is that the coil is bad. Hopefully lawwailok gets back to me soon, that way i can test it to be for sure

lawwailok,

Your gas smell might be because of the gasket leaking. If the guy didnt re-seat the metal seal as tight as possible gas fumes might be sneaking out which is why you smell in near the tires and not in the car. Their is a second gasket that blocks the fumes from entering the cabin so thats just my guess at that it could be.
Attached Images

2007 Bmw X5 (Sold)

Last edited by buster84; 09-24-2013 at 09:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 08:57 AM   #3141
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
The picture never uploaded lol. The pic timed out the first time. It Still sucks that you can't edit your post and add the picture instead being forced to create a me post.

I'm thinking that it's the coil for sure. I pulled the first one and after in-installing the spark plug and about to install the coil again i realized that it was cold. I was surprised since the engine was still hot, so then i took out a few other coils and they were pretty warm to the touch. The first coil was cold. My conclusion is that the coil is bad. Hopefully lawwailok gets back to me soon, that way i can test it to be for sure

lawwailok,

Your gas smell might be because of the gasket leaking. If the guy didnt re-seat the metal seal as tight as possible gas fumes might be sneaking out which is why you smell in near the tires and not in the car. Their is a second gasket that blocks the fumes from entering the cabin so thats just my guess at that it could be.
That doesn't look like OEM SP.

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 12:04 PM   #3142
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 View Post
they are NGK 1 degree colder Iridium plugs. which r the one i just switched last week. car runs much smoother on those plugs. worth to upgrade it since we are running at least 100hp over stock, it is recommended.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 12:12 PM   #3143
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
ok, im not jinx myself but really, this POS is starting to fall apart. one after the other.
driver side rear door actuator (the mystery common bad electrical problem on all bmw) died on me. got my part from Niello and gonna DIY tonight....

really, i've been replacing a lot of shit on her... like @buster84 said, my car SHOULD last me a long time now... since a lot of worn out parts has been switched... finger crossed
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 01:02 PM   #3144
buster84
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 View Post
VNeBLOB42, When you changed your plugs i recommended the ngk to you since it was what i had. I guess you forgot lol (it's also in my signature)

Quote:
they are NGK 1 degree colder Iridium plugs. which r the one i just switched last week. car runs much smoother on those plugs. worth to upgrade it since we are running at least 100hp over stock, it is recommended.
Haha yeah, ever since upgrading to these plugs the car's been running much smoother (other than the one coil failure lol). I actually bought a set of 6 on ebay for $200. I figured that i might as well replace all 6 now before they start to go out one after another. Hopefully they get here before another one decides to goes out lol.

Quote:
ok, im not jinx myself but really, this POS is starting to fall apart. one after the other.
driver side rear door actuator (the mystery common bad electrical problem on all bmw) died on me. got my part from Niello and gonna DIY tonight....

really, i've been replacing a lot of shit on her... like @buster84 said, my car SHOULD last me a long time now... since a lot of worn out parts has been switched... finger crossed
So i take it, that it was the actuator then. Hopefully your car lasts alot longer without issues, although the more you replace the more (new) it gets lol. You have all the basics done, plugs, coils, water pump, intake, charge pipe, fuel pump, door, boost solenoid, Vanos soleniod, (now you just need your mirror fixed), but after that i can't really see to many other things going wrong.

You might have to replace your turbo's down the road, although expected when running high boost. At least that mileage has been upped to 82k so you still have a nice warranty on those. Hopefully nothing else goes wrong. At the very least it might be something more expected like tires lol.
2007 Bmw X5 (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 01:15 PM   #3145
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
VNeBLOB42, When you changed your plugs i recommended the ngk to you since it was what i had. I guess you forgot lol (it's also in my signature)

Haha yeah, ever since upgrading to these plugs the car's been running much smoother (other than the one coil failure lol). I actually bought a set of 6 on ebay for $200. I figured that i might as well replace all 6 now before they start to go out one after another. Hopefully they get here before another one decides to goes out lol.

So i take it, that it was the actuator then. Hopefully your car lasts alot longer without issues, although the more you replace the more (new) it gets lol. You have all the basics done, plugs, coils, water pump, intake, charge pipe, fuel pump, door, boost solenoid, Vanos soleniod, (now you just need your mirror fixed), but after that i can't really see to many other things going wrong.

You might have to replace your turbo's down the road, although expected when running high boost. At least that mileage has been upped to 82k so you still have a nice warranty on those. Hopefully nothing else goes wrong. At the very least it might be something more expected like tires lol.
LOL, i don't drive like an asshole most of the time, so i don't really put stress on the turbos. and winter is coming, i don't push my car at all until i see 190F oil temp, which is very impossible cuz my short distance from work to home, oil temp barely moves in winter time. pretty much my car stays at granny mode when weather gets cold, unless i take extra 15 mins just to drive around to warm the oil up. but i hardly do that, LOL
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 01:20 PM   #3146
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

You have all the basics done, plugs, coils, water pump, intake, charge pipe, fuel pump, door, boost solenoid, Vanos soleniod, (now you just need your mirror fixed), but after that i can't really see to many other things going wrong.

oh i have more than that done, LOL. serpentine belt has been replaced, megatronic sleeve on the auto tranny has been replaced, oil filter housing gasket has been replaced. and soon, my oil pan gasket and turbo line feeding will get replaced cuz they are slowly sipping drop of oil recently but not major.

and i may send my oil to blackstone lab to test and make sure my motor is running healthy. other than that i really don't see anything major. i mean bushings and such they will wear out in the matter of time and i know those are normal too, not limited to bmw only.
Appreciate 0