E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Private estate parking restrictions

05-05-2011, 12:31 PM   #1
leetennis
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 3 M Sport

Private estate parking restrictions

Hi all,
Our residential estate has recently been littered with a private parking firms notices. Obviously informing us to only park in marked bays etc...

It's impossible for our estate to only use marked bays as there is simply more cars than spaces. We don't block or obstruct traffic flow but it's certain we will be receiving multiple parking tickets.

Any advice welcome regarding challenging the tickets? I have heard of people ignoring tickets until they go away. I have been in contact with our estate management group to try and oppose this decision to use a private parking firm.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 12:36 PM   #2
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by leetennis View Post
Any advice welcome regarding challenging the tickets?
Any tickets I get from private parking companies get fed to the shredder.

I do not enter into any correspondence with the companies either, the tickets are unenforceable so they can go forth and multiply!

Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 01:10 PM   #3
toxicnerve
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
Any tickets I get from private parking companies get fed to the shredder.

I do not enter into any correspondence with the companies either, the tickets are unenforceable so they can go forth and multiply!
+1.

File 13 (i.e. the bin) and correspondence your receive and think nothing more of it. If you continue to receive letters/threads just continue to throw them away.

Do not respond in any way, shape or form.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 03:39 PM   #4
dobsy
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 320d

Same here-the management company brought a private firm in to try and police the parking. Every one was issued one permit to display and you'd get a ticket if it was'nt-regardless of whether you were your own space or not.
Have'nt seen them for months now-we kept the tickets and just slap them on each others cars when someone's in our space. Everyone got wise to it and news quickly spread-'just bin it'.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 04:32 PM   #5
leetennis
Lieutenant
Rep

Cheers guys, looks like I'm losing sleep for no reason then.

Estate management groups are greedy barstewards or atleast ours is, do sod all unless they can put another charge to you
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2011, 02:36 AM   #6
rich1068
has left the building
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

As everyone else has said, if you get one (or more) bin it and do not enter into any correspondence. Their demands get more and more extortionate and then they give up after four or five letters.

The only problem could be if they clamp instead of issuing tickets. It's still not legally enforcable but that doesn't help when you've got a boot on your car. Find out who they are and check the advice over on CAG or Pepipoo.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2011, 07:35 AM   #7
dobsy
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Cheers guys, looks like I'm losing sleep for no reason then.

Estate management groups are greedy barstewards or atleast ours is, do sod all unless they can put another charge to you
It's not Trinity Estates is it!? They're ours and are useless. Increase fees every other month and seem to do less.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2011, 03:36 PM   #8
leetennis
Lieutenant
Rep

No not trinity, peverol om. They are all the same though. Amazing how you can complain that windows and bin stores have never been cleaned but I'm obliged to keep paying them. First mutter of a parking problem they franchise out the parking control to a private firm to make em more ££££...

I hope you guys are right I will just bin the tickets, hope they don't have any meat head debt collectors, or is that something they can't do?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2011, 04:08 PM   #9
rich1068
has left the building
United Kingdom
Rep

Debt collectors have no legal standing and in the extremely unlikely event that one turned up at your door you have the absolute right to tell him/her to fuck off.

Seriously, don't give it a thought.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 12:29 PM   #10
urfankhaliq
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e G30

Garage List
I got a ticket for parking in a private car park (student halls). The company issuing the ticket is central ticketing and the ticket was issued on 18th march and to this date it still isn't available online to pay so that goes to show how crappy these private companies are.
      05-09-2011, 03:12 PM   #11
leetennis
Lieutenant
Rep

Had the official letter come through outlining the parking implementations.
Have tried to read up regarding Private parking firms, it appears you should only not pay if you believe not to be breaking the parking contract you enter. Advice from moneysavingexpert.com

The rules are pretty clear and I am breaking them, but me and all the others in the estate have no choice but to break them, we have two cars and allocated one space. In our lease it says we are only permitted a vehicle per space allocation, all other vehicles must be parked off site. Where there is yellow lines all around might I add!
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 03:15 PM   #12
jjbirch
Banned
Rep
Drives: E60 530D M SPORT

Garage List
let it go i had 3 ones bad oeven bailiffs coming to the door, heard nothing now there a waste of time
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 03:40 PM   #13
rich1068
has left the building
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Have tried to read up regarding Private parking firms, it appears you should only not pay if you believe not to be breaking the parking contract you enter. Advice from moneysavingexpert.com
Bollocks to moneysavingexpert.com Read the links I posted. Unless of course you want to pay 60 quid or whatever to these cowboys every time you park your car. And you won't see yellow lines because they are put in place by the local council. If you see them on private land they mean nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbirch
let it go i had 3 ones bad oeven bailiffs coming to the door, heard nothing now there a waste of time
Not sure if I follow your post but you will have only seen bailiffs if they were appointed by a court after you lost a case. Possibly against a police or council fine not a private charge.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 03:45 PM   #14
jjbirch
Banned
Rep
Drives: E60 530D M SPORT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich1068 View Post
Bollocks to moneysavingexpert.com Read the links I posted. Unless of course you want to pay 60 quid or whatever to these cowboys every time you park your car. And you won't see yellow lines because they are put in place by the local council. If you see them on private land they mean nothing.

Not sure if I follow your post but you will have only seen bailiffs if they were appointed by a court after you lost a case. Possibly against a police or council fine not a private charge.
private firms dont use police or council they are just scare monsters, i had letter in the post saying bailliffs were coming, i knew i had to go to court first but other people would just pay up
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 03:53 PM   #15
rich1068
has left the building
United Kingdom
Rep

Ah, got you. They threatened it. Yes, they always do. CCJs too. They rely on the general publics ignorance that bailiffs and CCJs can be issued by any Tom, Dick or Harry without a court being involved. And the courts being involved is absolutely the last thing a private parking company wants.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 04:49 PM   #16
leetennis
Lieutenant
Rep

I can't believe these bastards have got me considering selling our second car that we really need.

Already under their spell I think, every case I read doesn't quite relate to mine, so leaves me wondering whether I'm breaking the "contract" in which case they do have a right to ticket me.

Outrageous really that our property management which lawful residents pay have appointed a ppc, if only I had the intelligence, money and balls to find a legal loop why they can't do this, to me it's morally fcked up!
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 05:18 PM   #17
hmi1750
Major
Rep
Drives: M135i

Your contract with the flat ownership and perhaps the overall management company. Whether you enter into a contract with any parking firms remains questionable and also if the clause is legitimate etc... seek legal advice if your so concerned.

Otherwise ignore it.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2011, 04:50 AM   #18
dobsy
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I can't believe these bastards have got me considering selling our second car that we really need.

Already under their spell I think, every case I read doesn't quite relate to mine, so leaves me wondering whether I'm breaking the "contract" in which case they do have a right to ticket me.

Outrageous really that our property management which lawful residents pay have appointed a ppc, if only I had the intelligence, money and balls to find a legal loop why they can't do this, to me it's morally fcked up!
Hey mate-you need to chill, stop worrying and trust us - fuck em!
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2011, 05:09 AM   #19
dar2008
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 and E92 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobsy View Post
It's not Trinity Estates is it!?
Grrrrr, don't get me started on them!%&^$%
      05-10-2011, 05:49 AM   #20
kaishang
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 330d

I park in a privately managed carpark... the management company is one of the companies mentioned above.

In contrast to the above replies, I have never had a problem. My apartment comes with one parking space. I knew that when I bought it and it was one of the thigns which was part of my buying decision, so I have no reason to complain now. I've seen a private parking inspector in my carpark ticketing people parked without a permit. I like this, because if it didn't happen people would start parking second vehicles or visitor vehicles in my carpark and inconvenience me.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2011, 05:52 AM   #21
leetennis
Lieutenant
Rep

Hey mate-you need to chill, stop worrying and trust us - fuck em![/QUOTE]

Dobsy who was the parking firm on your estate?
Thanks for all your advice though guys, I think a few others have tried there own way of solving the problem some signs have gone missing overnight
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2011, 06:42 AM   #22
leetennis
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaishang View Post
I park in a privately managed carpark... the management company is one of the companies mentioned above.

In contrast to the above replies, I have never had a problem. My apartment comes with one parking space. I knew that when I bought it and it was one of the thigns which was part of my buying decision, so I have no reason to complain now. I've seen a private parking inspector in my carpark ticketing people parked without a permit. I like this, because if it didn't happen people would start parking second vehicles or visitor vehicles in my carpark and inconvenience me.
I understand it does work in theory for some, however let's say you would like family over for Christmas or birthdays and you are issued a single visitor ticket. Several residents may have visitors, if there is an insufficient number of allocated visitors bays they can't stay.
Appreciate 0