E90Post

ECS BMW

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > ALUFELGEN Wheels | CSL & SF-71 Group Buy

Closed Thread

04-07-2012, 12:38 PM   #67
jimmylimmy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 'charged VXR8

AluFelgen have to expect some negativity after the last UK GB shambles. You could repair your tarnished image by continuing the BG, offering a stonking deal and proving your improved customer service by seeing this offer through...

You should know by now that if you do something wrong, 10 people hear about it, if you do something right, nobody hears about it...

I'd wish you luck with the BG but it seems you have had your nose pushed out of joint by a couple of negative comments and are taking your ball home

oh well......
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2012, 01:11 PM   #68
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

What concers me is he doesn't appear to be very bothered that customers have been inconvenienced.

Only 2 or 3 seems to very economical with the truth and Merlin's problems were after the group buy which he has denied there was any issues since.

Being dismissive often is the root cause of poor customer care.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2012, 01:18 PM   #69
ALUFELGEN
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Send a message via AIM to ALUFELGEN Send a message via MSN to ALUFELGEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr View Post
What concers me is he doesn't appear to be very bothered that customers have been inconvenienced.

Only 2 or 3 seems to very economical with the truth and Merlin's problems were after the group buy which he has denied there was any issues since.

Being dismissive often is the root cause of poor customer care.
We did not sell a set of wheels to Merlin. Merlin purchased his Wheels from one of our distributors.

Last edited by ALUFELGEN; 04-07-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2012, 01:22 PM   #70
ALUFELGEN
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmylimmy View Post
AluFelgen have to expect some negativity after the last UK GB shambles. You could repair your tarnished image by continuing the BG, offering a stonking deal and proving your improved customer service by seeing this offer through...

You should know by now that if you do something wrong, 10 people hear about it, if you do something right, nobody hears about it...

I'd wish you luck with the BG but it seems you have had your nose pushed out of joint by a couple of negative comments and are taking your ball home

oh well......
Yes. We expected some negativity. We would've been more than happy to continue a GB but since there is already an expectation from the customers for things to go sour then we rather stay out and continue servicing the UK market how we have done for the past 2 years. We have done very good in the UK which is why were decided to launch a GB.

Last edited by ALUFELGEN; 04-07-2012 at 01:50 PM.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2012, 01:25 PM   #71
raf555
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmylimmy

oh well......
What's 'BG'? :
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2012, 01:36 PM   #72
davyk31
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS :-) & Golf GTI Mk7.5

Why the assumption on the sellers part that things would turn negative, seems they are the negative party and backing away from the group buy is rather strange.

Without doubt a UK distributor is the answer.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2012, 01:42 PM   #73
ALUFELGEN
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyk31 View Post
Why the assumption on the sellers part that things would turn negative, seems they are the negative party and backing away from the group buy is rather strange.

Without doubt a UK distributor is the answer.
Thank you for your feedback but we never said things would turn negative. We have sold and continue to sell to the UK without a single incident. The 3 customers from the previous GB received their replacements wheels. They were Richbe, M3-Fast and JimmyLimmy.

Last edited by ALUFELGEN; 04-07-2012 at 01:50 PM.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2012, 01:46 PM   #74
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Modified Alpine White E92 335i

To be fair, I'm not surprised Alifelgen think things will turn out negatively as we've shown him little else in this thread - albeit rightly so.

I'm in the 'prove us wrong' camp personally and I think pulling out of this GB now, along with a lack of any actual pricing AND timing (considering Alufelgen KNEW they would be closed this weekend) all adds up to an ill thought out GB anyway.

If I were in your shoes I would have come to the UK forum cap in hand, posting the same information you did about packaging but with a much better wrap of background info and then explained clearly how a repeat would not be on the cards.

As it happens, this tenuous (at best) GB seemed doomed to fail before it even began and that's probably why you've found the uk forum to be negative on this occasion!

Sorry if that seems harsh.

Matt
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2012, 02:03 PM   #75
ALUFELGEN
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingKileak View Post
To be fair, I'm not surprised Alufelgen think things will turn out negatively as we've shown him little else in this thread - albeit rightly so.

I'm in the 'prove us wrong' camp personally and I think pulling out of this GB now, along with a lack of any actual pricing AND timing (considering Alufelgen KNEW they would be closed this weekend) all adds up to an ill thought out GB anyway.

If I were in your shoes I would have come to the UK forum cap in hand, posting the same information you did about packaging but with a much better wrap of background info and then explained clearly how a repeat would not be on the cards.

As it happens, this tenuous (at best) GB seemed doomed to fail before it even began and that's probably why you've found the uk forum to be negative on this occasion!

Sorry if that seems harsh.

Matt
Hello Matt

Thanks for your comments.

Three members had issues when the pallet arrives. RichBe, JimmyLimmy and M3-Fast.

Richbe - Notified us on 6/19/10 of the issue and we shipped replacements on 7/2/2010. 14 days after notification.

M3-Fast - Notified us on 6/21 of his issue, and received his replacements on 7/12/2010. 21 days later.

JimmyLimmy - Notified us on 6/20, and received his replacements on 10/19/2010. We were out of stock had to wait for our new batch.

We are being as transparent as we can. We honestly prefer not to get involved with a GB at this point. We shipped a very high number of wheels last month to the UK and figured it would only be beneficial for the members if we post a GB so they can save a few hundred dollars. Pricing was posted on the first page. We continue to proof ourselves every time we ship a set of wheels to the UK and it arrives in perfect condition. Amar posted a complete review and it was bluntly ignored. What Amar posted is a clear reflection of who we are today. At this point we realize it does not matter what we say or do, we will always have to proof ourselves to the UK community on this particular forum and we have learn to deal with that.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2012, 02:13 PM   #76
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALUFELGEN View Post
We did not sell a set of wheels to Merlin. Merlin purchased his Wheels from one of our distributors.
That may well have been the case Matt,but I assume the wheels originated from Alufelgen's manufacturing base,and any problems originated at the plant,and the wheels were possibly shipped by Alufelgen?

From my own experience dealing with Wheel Addicts back in 2010,and all the paperwork I received when my wheels were delivered to Heathrow, it's clear that the original shippers were Alufelgen.

I must add that I'm a great fan Of Alufelgen,my wheels arrived undamaged,and were great quality,and add enormously to the aesthetics of my car IMO.

My only beef about your proposed group buy was your pricing,it seemed expensive given that your prices appeared to offer no saving over that of prices that were published in the US, and that the GB was based on 24 sets.
A very nice pocket of wedge for Alufelgen even with a more attractive discount.

As others have said,now would be a great time to demonstrate how Alufelgen have developed as a company,how things have changed for the better and how the company wants to please the UK punters,both in products and communication.

Personally I'd resurrect the GB,make the price more attractive by showing a distinct saving over published prices in the US,and demonstrate to buyers what you have put in words.

Good luck
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2012, 02:33 PM   #77
ALUFELGEN
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
That may well have been the case Matt,but I assume the wheels originated from Alufelgen's manufacturing base,and any problems originated at the plant,and the wheels were possibly shipped by Alufelgen?

From my own experience dealing with Wheel Addicts back in 2010,and all the paperwork I received when my wheels were delivered to Heathrow, it's clear that the original shippers were Alufelgen.

I must add that I'm a great fan Of Alufelgen,my wheels arrived undamaged,and were great quality,and add enormously to the aesthetics of my car IMO.

My only beef about your proposed group buy was your pricing,it seemed expensive given that your prices appeared to offer no saving over that of prices that were published in the US, and that the GB was based on 24 sets.
A very nice pocket of wedge for Alufelgen even with a more attractive discount.

As others have said,now would be a great time to demonstrate how Alufelgen have developed as a company,how things have changed for the better and how the company wants to please the UK punters,both in products and communication.

Personally I'd resurrect the GB,make the price more attractive by showing a distinct saving over published prices in the US,and demonstrate to buyers what you have put in words.

Good luck
You are correct. We drop ship for a lot of of our vendors but they base their packaging and protection according to their guidelines. Our new packaging is very expensive and some vendors opt out. We just see it as unfair to be held responsible for something we were not involved with.

I`m thankful for your feedback and I`m glad you are still enjoying your wheels

We abide by a strict MAP (minimum advertise price) police that limits us at $999 for the CS7 and $1099 for the SF-71. If we can get at least 10 sets (It would be best to do 8, 16 or 24 since we can do it based on pallets since we can only ship 8 sets per pallet) I`m sure we can lower the price to offer a bigger incentive. Remember on shipping alone you are saving over $300 per set so the total savings would be several hundred dollars.

Let's keep this GB alive, and I`m sure once it's over the UK will have a taste of who we have become. I`ll post some pricing information on Monday. You can expect at least $100 off MAP pricing.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2012, 02:34 PM   #78
ALUFELGEN
United_States
Rep

Here are the schematics of our new packaging.

1. Packaging is composed of: Pearl form sheet + Tensile Cover + PVC Ring + PVC Bag + Double Wall Inner card board on both the top and the bottom.

2. Procedure in package:

(1) We start with a bare wheel.

(2) Pearl Form

(3)Tensile Cover

(4) Plastic Ring (Both on the top and the bottom)

(5) Tensile Cover after Plastic Ring

(6) PVC Bag (Known as anti-dust bag)

(7) PVD Bag

(8) Inner Card Board for Corner protection on the bottom.

(9) Inner Card Board in place.

(10) Insert Wheel.

(11) Inner Card Board for Corner protection at the top.

(12) Final Package

After the wheels have been individually packaged, the wheel set is placed in double-wall 22x22x22" cubes with the wheel faces meeting in the middle for added protection. For international packages we now add external corner protection as shown below (Picture is from one of our vendors):

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2012, 03:35 PM   #79
jimmylimmy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 'charged VXR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALUFELGEN View Post

Let's keep this GB alive, and I`m sure once it's over the UK will have a taste of who we have become. I`ll post some pricing information on Monday. You can expect at least $100 off MAP pricing.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2012, 03:36 PM   #80
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

Edit
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2012, 04:39 AM   #81
MERLIN335i
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Competition Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
it's clear that the original shippers were Alufelgen.
Exactly, all DTM Rack did was take my money, wheels were shipped direct from Alufelgen (customs forms, Fedex docs, etc completed by Alufelgen with their address NOT DTM Rack).

So quality of packing was down to Alufelgen !
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2012, 05:22 AM   #82
m1bjr
LSD - No, you're not seeing things
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Baby F36 Gran Coupe

Send a message via MSN to m1bjr
Unfortunately I don't keep emails that are a year old about a paint code that I never got an answer to at least three times.

It's inevitable in our environment that at some point a wheel might require some minor repair or consmetic surgery.

But without a paint code its impossible to make good the inevitable damage.

I am astonished you STILL cannot provide this as a manufacturer.

Anyone want my set of gunmental Alufelgens then?
Two have a litle kerbing on the nearside lips, otherwise okay and legal rubber left on all of them.
PM me.
      04-08-2012, 05:39 AM   #83
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Modified Alpine White E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1bjr View Post
Unfortunately I don't keep emails that are a year old about a paint code that I never got an answer to at least three times.

It's inevitable in our environment that at some point a wheel might require some minor repair or consmetic surgery.

But without a paint code its impossible to make good the inevitable damage.

I am astonished you STILL cannot provide this as a manufacturer.

Anyone want my set of gunmental Alufelgens then?
Two have a litle kerbing on the nearside lips, otherwise okay and legal rubber left on all of them.
PM me.
I'm interested mate as I would powder coat them anyway, as long as they are not RFT's on them!

Matt
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2012, 05:54 AM   #84
335i_jeff
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i coupe

To defend Alufelgen a bit I bought some of these for my previous 335i at the first group buy and was impressed with the communication and with the overall service.

Admittedly I had no problems (which in all honesty is the only time you actually find out how good customer service is) but the quality and finish of the wheels was really good and massively improve the look of the car

I'd be interested in a silver set in E92 M3 fitment for my new car if the price was right
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2012, 10:37 AM   #85
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingKileak View Post
I'm interested mate as I would powder coat them anyway, as long as they are not RFT's on them!

Matt
If Matt does not take these, I am interested in these.
      04-08-2012, 05:25 PM   #86
spirocheter
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F11 535d, E90 335d

OK, good defence from Alufelgen, thanks for the packaging pictures - looks excellent and the sort of quality which would be needed to withstand the bevy of brutish transatlantic baggage shipping handlers.

I think it is fair to allow them a second chance, certainly companies have to work hard to improve their reputation but it seems this work is being done. The damage a few unhappy customers can cause (rightly or wrongly) is far more significant than positivity received from happy customers.

I still love the look of these wheels, so hope they can be shipped successfully in larger quantities. For now at least, I'll stick with my BBSs though (and newly anthracite powder coated MV3)
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 10:06 AM   #87
Guvernator
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i SE Cabriolet

So after all that, can I ask a few questions for myself and anyone else who may still be interested in these wheels?

1) Is this group buy still on?
2) What will the total cost be including wheels+shipping+vat+import duties+customs handling costs?
3) Is delivery to the door, if not where will they be shipped to?
4) Alternatively when do you expect the UK distributor to be setup so that we can buy these wheels in the UK and not have to worry about all of the above.
5) What price will these wheels be available for from a distributor in the UK?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 10:38 AM   #88
335iLondon
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07' 335i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guvernator View Post
So after all that, can I ask a few questions for myself and anyone else who may still be interested in these wheels?

1) Is this group buy still on?
2) What will the total cost be including wheels+shipping+vat+import duties+customs handling costs?
3) Is delivery to the door, if not where will they be shipped to?
4) Alternatively when do you expect the UK distributor to be setup so that we can buy these wheels in the UK and not have to worry about all of the above.
5) What price will these wheels be available for from a distributor in the UK?

Thanks
+1 to all of the above.

I really couldn't see myself paying more that 800 quid for a set of reps.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread