E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > bmw of austin

09-15-2007, 12:14 PM   #1
dreddy335
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw M3 Competition

bmw of austin

one of the best places i have ever been to for service.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2007, 08:17 PM   #2
enbalmer
Rep
Drives: bmw

Thumbs down BMW of Austin

I had two bad experiences with this dealer, one with sales, one with service. Regarding sales, I had negotiated a deal and when I was signing the paperwork they tried to sneak in a $700 "paint protection package." This was after I offered to pay full price on a car. After I told them I didn't want it, they explained in some bizarre logic why it was necessary. They said that some local birds flock near a chemical plant and their excrement therefore was especially toxic to car paint. How greedy! They refused to even negotiate on this item, thus I canceled my purchase.
Secondly, I took my M3 in for service because the handbrake no longer seemed to work at all. I also wanted an oil change and state inspection. After several hours (with no loaner) they returned my car, "fixed." It wasn't. When I picked it up, I demonstrated to them that I could move the car easily with the emergency brake fully activated. They reluctantly returned my vehicle to the lift and discovered the rear brakes had parts that were melted together and totally ineffective. I asked them why they put an inspection sticker on a car with no working rear brakes. They responded that they were sorry they made a mistake. They would not discount the service visit, and then qouted a price to fix the brakes that exceeded other dealers by 50%. I called the local DPS Troopers office that regulates state car inspections. He called the dealer, and they quietly fixed my brakes at their expense.
Appreciate 0