E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Cost of Maintenance after warrenty and life of E90

04-27-2009, 02:45 PM   #23
Darklighter
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 328i Sparkling Graphite

What worries me with these cars is their condition-based monitoring to tell you what needs to be serviced. If the sensors fail, you may not know there's a problem until something major breaks down. It's all fine and dandy when it's under warranty but outside of warranty, I'm sure it'll get expensive really fast.

What I'd like to really see is some kind of regular service calendar that you can check against what should be checked and replaced if needed. I'm not entirely confident of leaving it all for a computer to decide.
      04-27-2009, 07:45 PM   #24
Andy M
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 BMW 335i xdrive

I think if a sensor fails, the computer will tell you.

If the computer fails, it's pretty obvious...
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2009, 11:14 AM   #25
ians
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335i 6MT, 04 TSX 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Al View Post
really? What did you spend and on what repairs?
Not counting the regular mantainence (I keep really good care with my cars, my 5yr old TSX still like brand new condition)

So what scare me from my E46....
Need to replace sensors, control arm, windows module every couple month + 2 tranny + sub-frame crack re-inforcement + 3 vanos + vacuum hose + head gasket + sunroof shade broken + wiring for the trunk + nth times to reset the x'mas tree then the crazy tanking resale value(lower than same yr Civic Si with higher mileage)! And I already paid $4000 for the extended warranty.

Anyone want to keep a BMW after warranty.... good luck!
      04-28-2009, 08:38 PM   #26
Bimmer Al
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 335xi Coupe MSport, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ians View Post
Not counting the regular mantainence (I keep really good care with my cars, my 5yr old TSX still like brand new condition)

So what scare me from my E46....
Need to replace sensors, control arm, windows module every couple month + 2 tranny + sub-frame crack re-inforcement + 3 vanos + vacuum hose + head gasket + sunroof shade broken + wiring for the trunk + nth times to reset the x'mas tree then the crazy tanking resale value(lower than same yr Civic Si with higher mileage)! And I already paid $4000 for the extended warranty.

Anyone want to keep a BMW after warranty.... good luck!
Wow, that sounds crazy. 2 transmissions? frame crack? 3 vanos.....what were you doing pulling horses with it?
Appreciate 0