E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Eror code 9CBB

12-18-2011, 07:06 PM   #1
Nr!qUe
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 LCI 328i 6MT

Eror code 9CBB

I have this error code on my FRM2 can someone please tell me how to fix the error?

I had a short in my HID angel eye kit and as a result, the FRM stopped supplying power to the angel eye socket so i cant get a signal to power on the kit.

Can someone please tell me how to fix this error?
2009 BMW E90 328i | Xenons | MT | Space Gray | Beige-ette | CF Fabric Trim | iPod/USB | 20% Tints | Euro-Plate | Rear Fog Switch Lego Mod | Painted Reflectors | Performance Short-shift Kit | Style 197 Wheels | OEM Sport Suspension |
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 01:33 PM   #2
Dark335Xi
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 335XI SEDAN

i have the same problem

any help??
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 03:35 PM   #3
Nr!qUe
Captain
United_States
Rep

I was able to fix this. I had to use tool32

I dont remember exact details. let me find my post from a while back
2009 BMW E90 328i | Xenons | MT | Space Gray | Beige-ette | CF Fabric Trim | iPod/USB | 20% Tints | Euro-Plate | Rear Fog Switch Lego Mod | Painted Reflectors | Performance Short-shift Kit | Style 197 Wheels | OEM Sport Suspension |
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 03:49 PM   #4
Nr!qUe
Captain
United_States
Rep

READ EVERYTHING BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark335Xi View Post
i have the same problem

any help??
read this thread

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=495535

you need to have daten V41 files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nr!que from another thread.
If you still haven't gotten the issue fixed maybe this can help.

you need an ODB cable and Laptop and use toolset.exe

Found in this forum
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...1611769&page=2

I have yet to try this since my car is in the shop..

I will try this and get back here so other people can find out easily

aaand the name of the value on toolset.exe is called steuern_reset_kurzschlussabschaltung
This is what helped me from bmw coding and i was able to fix it.

Quote:
Try this,the complete text is from an coder in another forum (copy paste)

Connect cable to your car, launch Toolset32 and load FRM70.prg (for FRM2).
- In the window called Select job: FRM_70, select the job status_lampen_kurzschluss_counter. In the list Results select job_status and the lamp output which is shut off due to short circuit protection.
- Send the job to the car using the F5 key. You should get an answer in the Results window and the COUNTER value should be > 0. If COUNTER is = 0 then you didn't select the right lamp output. Try finding the one(s) which have COUNTER > 0. You will look at this value later to see if the short circuit reset-job actually worked.
- Now, switch job to steuern_reset_kurzschlussabschaltung. Notice that this job requires one (1) argument: lamp_nr. Lamp_nr is a number 0-255. Enter the lamp_nr to clear in the Arguments list and select job_status under Results.
- Send the job using F5. Make sure you get an answer OKAY in the Results window.

Note: I don't know the mapping between each lamp and lamp_nr, so I simply sent the command 64 times for all lamp_nr from 0 to 63. Try this - I guess it can't do any harm. Since lamp_nr is supposed to be an integer, I guess possible values for lamp_nr are 0-255.

When you have sent kurzschlussabschaltung-commands for all lamp_nr, do the first job again (check COUNTER). If everything is good, the counters which were > 0 before should now be = 0.

Also, I see there are two jobs which are named quite similar - steuern_lampen_kurzschlussabschaltung and _reset_kurzschluss_sperre. I don't know the difference between these two, but if one doesn't clear your counters, I would try the other one too. Both jobs require the lamp_nr-argument.
I wish you the best of luck!!

I know when i finally figured out how to do this i hadnt had an angel eye for 6 months and i felt like
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2013, 08:44 AM   #5
yucki68
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 325d

Hi, i've testing the method but, i didn't find lamp nr.

Tool32 always says that i doesn't select lamp ....

Any issues ?
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2013, 12:37 AM   #6
BostonBeemah
Lieutenant
Armenia
Rep
Drives: AW 135i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nr!qUe View Post

read this thread

I know when i finally figured out how to do this i hadnt had an angel eye for 6 months and i felt like

This is the second time im trying this now and for some reason i cannot figure out the lamp_nr part. I dont know what to put into the arguments area. No matter what i put, i get an error in the job status.. What were you putting in to subtract from the counter?? I also dont have the steurn reset i have _reset_kurzschluss_sperre which has the lamp_nr option and also the only "reset" available that i have listed..
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2014, 06:40 PM   #7
undermine
UnderminE
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Solved

I figured this out.

You have a newer E-Series I assume, use reset_kurzschluss_sperre, enter just a number 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and so on, individually but with out the comma, get it? Some people just go through 0-255 but I went through 0-64, cleared every error in my FRM.

If this is not clear, let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBeemah View Post
This is the second time im trying this now and for some reason i cannot figure out the lamp_nr part. I dont know what to put into the arguments area. No matter what i put, i get an error in the job status.. What were you putting in to subtract from the counter?? I also dont have the steurn reset i have _reset_kurzschluss_sperre which has the lamp_nr option and also the only "reset" available that i have listed..
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2014, 08:31 PM   #8
BostonBeemah
Lieutenant
Armenia
Rep
Drives: AW 135i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by undermine View Post
I figured this out.

You have a newer E-Series I assume, use reset_kurzschluss_sperre, enter just a number 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and so on, individually but with out the comma, get it? Some people just go through 0-255 but I went through 0-64, cleared every error in my FRM.

If this is not clear, let me know.

Just got mine fixed as well. Turned out to be a software issue on my computer. Ended up creating a Virtual Machine and loading all the software back on and now I have working angel eyes!!

Thanks for the help!
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 10:14 PM   #9
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nr!qUe View Post

read this thread

Sorry for reviving this thread, i need help with this. I was able to load tool32 and get thru everything you said all the way up to when you say to choose the correct light? everything in my laptop shows the jobs in german and i have no idea which to choose.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 10:56 PM   #10
miata22
Enlisted Member
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90, 2010 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazman View Post
Sorry for reviving this thread, i need help with this. I was able to load tool32 and get thru everything you said all the way up to when you say to choose the correct light? everything in my laptop shows the jobs in german and i have no idea which to choose.
Read post #4 and go read the thread on bimmerforum, it should have everything you need to know.

Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 11:16 AM   #11
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by miata22 View Post
Read post #4 and go read the thread on bimmerforum, it should have everything you need to know.
Thank you... the part I'm confused on is where do I get the counter and how do I send a value. I've dig down into Tool32 to the correct place.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2015, 02:23 AM   #12
chmsalman
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 535i x-drive

Quote:
Thank you... the part I'm confused on is where do I get the counter and how do I send a value. I've dig down into Tool32 to the correct place.
Read this thread here:

http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...-to-FRM2/page3

Can you get to stuern_lampen_kurzshlussabschaltung in tool32? That is for newer modules. If you can't find that, use _reset_kurzschluss_sperre, you might have an older module. One you get there, you should see lamp_nr. This requires a hexadecimal value (NOT a decimal value) so when you see people talking about resetting all counters between 0-63 (decimal values) they mean you have to convert all those values to hexadecimal before sending the reset job. For example: 0x3f is actually the hexadecimal way of saying 63. Here is a decimal to hexadecimal converter: http://numbermonk.com/

So in the argument box, type the hexadecimal value 0x1 (which means the number 1 in decimal format) and click the "run once" button. Then in the argument box, type the hexadecimal value 0x2 (which means the number 2 in decimal format) and click the "run once" button. Keep doing this until you reach 0x3f which is 63 in decimal format. If you do this, it'll reset all the counters for all bulbs between 0-63 so you won't miss anything.

After that, go back to INPA and check the code, and delete it. You should be good!
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2015, 09:27 AM   #13
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmsalman View Post
Read this thread here:

http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...-to-FRM2/page3

Can you get to stuern_lampen_kurzshlussabschaltung in tool32? That is for newer modules. If you can't find that, use _reset_kurzschluss_sperre, you might have an older module. One you get there, you should see lamp_nr. This requires a hexadecimal value (NOT a decimal value) so when you see people talking about resetting all counters between 0-63 (decimal values) they mean you have to convert all those values to hexadecimal before sending the reset job. For example: 0x3f is actually the hexadecimal way of saying 63. Here is a decimal to hexadecimal converter: http://numbermonk.com/

So in the argument box, type the hexadecimal value 0x1 (which means the number 1 in decimal format) and click the "run once" button. Then in the argument box, type the hexadecimal value 0x2 (which means the number 2 in decimal format) and click the "run once" button. Keep doing this until you reach 0x3f which is 63 in decimal format. If you do this, it'll reset all the counters for all bulbs between 0-63 so you won't miss anything.

After that, go back to INPA and check the code, and delete it. You should be good!
Awesome! I think this is the missing piece of my puzzle! thank you!!!! I will try it tonight.

What I did find was the following last night:
STAT_BEGRL_LINKS_SHORT_CIRCUIT_COUNTER = 50
all the other values were zero last night.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2015, 01:53 PM   #14
chmsalman
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

I haven't read about that anywhere. I've ordered an OBD cable, just waiting for that to arrive before I do this on my car as well. I'm having the same issue, no driver angel eye So just saying that my previous response is based on things I've read, I haven't actually coded anything in my life yet haha.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2015, 09:50 PM   #15
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Yeay, i got my AE's working... not gonna give any more update other then that

just kidding. Okay here is what i did:
1) Make sure i'm on map 0
2) Load INPA and make sure i have both black dots so i know my cable works
3) Close INPA (very important to do this)
4) launch TOOL32.EXE
5) click on "jobs" and start typing out: steuern_reset_kurzshlussabschaltung
6) click on the text box located under arguements and enter the various hex values (you will need to try both check marked and unchecked for the box that says DATA). Press F5 or double click on the job name to send each command one by one
a) arguement = 0x0 (received error result)
b) 0x1 (received error result)
c) 0x2 (received error result)
d) 0x3 (received error result)
e) 0x4 (received error result)
f) 0x5 (received error result)
g) 0x6 (received error result)
h) 0x7 (received error result)
i) 0x8 (received error result)
j) 0x9 (received error result)
k) 0xa (received error result)
l) 0xb (Got my first OKAY, and started to jump up and down with joy)
7) went back to the job for reading the counter and instead of showing 50... it was now 1
8) closed TOOL32.EXE and open INPA
9) cleared all errors in the FRM
10) start my car and enjoyed seeing my driver side AE alive again
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2015, 12:38 AM   #16
chmsalman
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Yeay, i got my AE's working... not gonna give any more update other then that

just kidding. Okay here is what i did:
1) Make sure i'm on map 0
2) Load INPA and make sure i have both black dots so i know my cable works
3) Close INPA (very important to do this)
4) launch TOOL32.EXE
5) click on "jobs" and start typing out: steuern_reset_kurzshlussabschaltung
6) click on the text box located under arguements and enter the various hex values (you will need to try both check marked and unchecked for the box that says DATA). Press F5 or double click on the job name to send each command one by one
a) arguement = 0x0 (received error result)
b) 0x1 (received error result)
c) 0x2 (received error result)
d) 0x3 (received error result)
e) 0x4 (received error result)
f) 0x5 (received error result)
g) 0x6 (received error result)
h) 0x7 (received error result)
i) 0x8 (received error result)
j) 0x9 (received error result)
k) 0xa (received error result)
l) 0xb (Got my first OKAY, and started to jump up and down with joy)
7) went back to the job for reading the counter and instead of showing 50... it was now 1
8) closed TOOL32.EXE and open INPA
9) cleared all errors in the FRM
10) start my car and enjoyed seeing my driver side AE alive again
Wow, I'm so relieved you got yours working haha that means mine should be good too once I get the cable in the mail!!! It should be another two weeks before I get the cable so please stay live on this thread haha I might need you for some help if I can't get things working. Quick question though, what do you mean in your step 1 about being on map 0? What is that?

Congratulations on getting it to work!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2015, 04:59 AM   #17
cryptomit
Captain
Rep
Drives: 320d 2012

where did you order your cable?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2015, 10:41 AM   #18
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptomit View Post
I got mine in 2011 from someone on ebay with software for about $40. I would suggest you to just google "bmw coding cable" and see what prices you find (should be under $20 now a days).

I found the following by doing the quick search (I'm not suggesting you buy this one... just showing an example): http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/1717147...lpid=82&chn=ps

If your doing something on ebay, always ask the following of the vendor thru the ebay system:
1) Does your product work with my car (insert your make/model/year/trim here)
2) Does your product come with the software for my car (INPA/TOOL32/Drivers/etc)
3) If the cable does not work with my car or the software does not work with my car, what is your return policy (Time frame to notify you of a problem, replacement item, refund, shipping for returned items covered)?
4) How long is the shipping time, will you provide tracking details? What if I don't receive my product in the mail for 14 days or 30 days?

Once you have them reply to these questions and you are okay with the terms... go ahead and bid on the item. Even if you find a local online retailer selling it for about $20 or under... always ask those questions and keep it in your email as proof. Use Paypal to make the sale so you are covered (NEVER SEND AS GIFT, you will have no recourse if it is a garbage product.... pay the stupid 2% fee for the transaction because it's cheap insurance).

If you are having problems getting the software working, you can probably find someone on these forums who will help you OR for a fee will set you up (usually includes the remote coding of your car too so they can test it out and you benefit from getting the car done too). Go with someone who seems to have a good rep and lots of positive feedback with coding on the forums if you plan to have someone do remote coding. Last thing you want is for someone to learn on your car :P
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2015, 02:03 AM   #19
chmsalman
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptomit View Post
I ordered this one here:
http://www.one-stop-electronics.com/...&product_id=16

Its expensive but probably the most reliable one I found. I didn't want to go through the trouble of ordering cables from china, waiting 30 days for shipping, finding out it doesn't work, and then having to deal with returning/etc.

This one has gotten great reviews and is known to work on the newer windows versions as well as pretty much any BMW.

I got the software from some guy online. He gave me everything I needed with all updated files. Saved me the frustration of having to look around on forums for latest software files as well as the latest DATEN files for my car.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2015, 09:17 AM   #20
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Wow, I'm so relieved you got yours working haha that means mine should be good too once I get the cable in the mail!!! It should be another two weeks before I get the cable so please stay live on this thread haha I might need you for some help if I can't get things working. Quick question though, what do you mean in your step 1 about being on map 0? What is that?

Congratulations on getting it to work!!!
map 0 meaning i have a JB4 and it blocks communication over the obd2 port if you are using any of the tuning maps, map 0 means the jb4 is disabled and allows communication on the obd2 port with the car.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2015, 02:41 AM   #21
chmsalman
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
map 0 meaning i have a JB4 and it blocks communication over the obd2 port if you are using any of the tuning maps, map 0 means the jb4 is disabled and allows communication on the obd2 port with the car.
So this doesn't apply to me in any way? I don't have the JB4.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 01:35 AM   #22
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So this doesn't apply to me in any way? I don't have the JB4.
As a 328, it does not apply to you.
Appreciate 0