E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > colts 14-1

12-27-2009, 06:11 PM   #1
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

colts 14-1

a little preemptive, but i'm 99.999% sure the run is over. payton's pacing down the sidelines in coach's ear is enough to know what he wanted.........

oh well colts fans, no perfect season until coaching politics change.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2009, 10:25 PM   #2
Noc57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
a little preemptive, but i'm 99.999% sure the run is over. payton's pacing down the sidelines in coach's ear is enough to know what he wanted.........

oh well colts fans, no perfect season until coaching politics change.
Doubt it son, Peyton can walk on water. It's not like we needed to win this one. Why play all out when we've already got home field advantage? There was absolutely nothing to gain.

I knew they'd play backups and not really care and it pisses me off, I wanted a perfect season dammit.
      12-27-2009, 10:28 PM   #3
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc57 View Post
Doubt it son, Peyton can walk on water. It's not like we needed to win this one. Why play all out when we've already got home field advantage? There was absolutely nothing to gain.

I knew they'd play backups and not really care and it pisses me off, I wanted a perfect season dammit.
peyton wanted it, too.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2009, 01:17 AM   #4
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

I agree with you. I kinda had a feeling Colts would "lose" this game so I went snowboarding instead of watching the game today. lol The signs were all there so it wasn't a difficult guess.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2009, 01:56 AM   #5
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Did ESPN wheel out Mercury Morris, Larry Csonka and Bob Griese to drool all over each other because the 72 Dolphins still have the only perfect season?
      12-28-2009, 10:32 AM   #6
kabalm18
My car drones and I LOVE IT!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M & F10 535xi

I am still pissed off about it!!!! Losing fair and square is one thing, but to just quit like that...BULLSHIT!!!!! Not to mention they probably ruined poor Painter's career! Not that he really had that bright of a future to begin with, but still.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2009, 02:33 PM   #7
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
Had the Saints stayed undefeated I'm sure Indianapolis would have gone all out here as well to stay undefeated. I was hoping for an 18-0 x 2 Superbowl.
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2009, 03:16 PM   #8
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

Bill Polian really pisses me off.

They say that 16-0 was never a goal of the team. Obviously. But when it is sitting there for the taking, why should you EVER be SCARED of winning football games in the NFL.
Gone: '18 W205 C43 Sedan
Gone: '13 W204 C63 Sedan
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2009, 05:13 PM   #9
ghosthi32
Banned
Rep
Drives: Water camel

i wanted the colts go undefeated but they always rest their players at the end of the season.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2009, 06:03 PM   #10
stimpy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

heh - Colts management should be ashamed of themselves.

History is within their grasp and they curled up in a fetile position muttering 'mommy....'

Here's hoping the Chargers once again wreck em in the post season and they walk away empty handed.

Pussies.
________
Michael Schumacher

Last edited by stimpy; 02-04-2011 at 06:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2009, 06:15 PM   #11
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
heh - Colts management should be ashamed of themselves.

History is within their grasp and they curled up in a fetile position muttering 'mommy....'

Here's hoping the Chargers once again wreck em in the post season and they walk away empty handed.

Pussies.
I don't know if they are such. I mean sure they could have gone for 16-0 but keep in mind that the game had no implication on this season. Winning that game would only make it "historical" for the Colts. What if some of the starters get hurt? If by some freaky chance that Peyton is hurt, the season is pretty much over. Colts would then be 15-1 because we've all seen how the team is without P-money. People would then be asking "why did they keep the starters in? they made a horrible decision" and so on and so forth.

I personally don't care whether they go for 16-0 or not. 16-0 means absolutely nothing if you don't win the Superbowl. Remember how NE Patriots went 16-0 and then lost in the SB? Nowadays people don't even remember or talk much about that 16-0 record anymore. Sure it would have been cool but if you went 16-0 and lose in the playoffs or the SB then it all would have been pointless.

I would have loved to see them go 16-0 and fight their way to the SB but I'm not mad that they didn't want to go for 16-0 either.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2009, 07:01 PM   #12
jpsum
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 TSX

all I can say is, that poor Painter!
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2009, 09:02 PM   #13
kabalm18
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW E90 View Post
I don't know if they are such. I mean sure they could have gone for 16-0 but keep in mind that the game had no implication on this season. Winning that game would only make it "historical" for the Colts. What if some of the starters get hurt? If by some freaky chance that Peyton is hurt, the season is pretty much over. Colts would then be 15-1 because we've all seen how the team is without P-money. People would then be asking "why did they keep the starters in? they made a horrible decision" and so on and so forth.

I personally don't care whether they go for 16-0 or not. 16-0 means absolutely nothing if you don't win the Superbowl. Remember how NE Patriots went 16-0 and then lost in the SB? Nowadays people don't even remember or talk much about that 16-0 record anymore. Sure it would have been cool but if you went 16-0 and lose in the playoffs or the SB then it all would have been pointless.

I would have loved to see them go 16-0 and fight their way to the SB but I'm not mad that they didn't want to go for 16-0 either.

Why does going 16 - 0 and winning the Superbowl have to mutually exclusive? Does going 14 - 2 guarantee a Superbowl win?

And what makes you so sure Manning would have been injured? Why did they play the starters the week before, that was a meaningless game. What about the first 2 1/2 quarters? This was a terrible decision made by Polian and his puppet Caldwell backed it up. They had a chance at history and just gave up. The fans and players deserved a chance at perfection but Polian had to spit in our faces to prove he is the big dog on campus.

Tell me something, how well has his philosophy panned out? Never! With all the great teams he has had in the 90's(Bills) and 2000's(Colts) he has one SB win to show for it and that was because they had to fight until the end.

The Colts forum is at Civil War right and now Reggie and a few others are saying they had no idea that they weren't playing to win. Did you see Manning's face on the sideline? He wasn't happy and I doubt any of the starters were glad to see all of their hard work go down the drain.

Did you listen to Polian's weekly radio show? He was his normal arrogant self talking down to the fans that called in. What a douchebag! http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ly-radio-show/

His terrible decision is on every sports channel!

All of this shit adds up to a lot of distractions and hopefully the players will overcome it all and pull out a SB victory. I am still rooting for my team but Polian needs to go!
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2009, 09:08 PM   #14
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabalm18 View Post
Why does going 16 - 0 and winning the Superbowl have to mutually exclusive? Does going 14 - 2 guarantee a Superbowl win?

And what makes you so sure Manning would have been injured? Why did they play the starters the week before, that was a meaningless game. What about the first 2 1/2 quarters? This was a terrible decision made by Polian and his puppet Caldwell backed it up. They had a chance at history and just gave up. The fans and players deserved a chance at perfection but Polian had to spit in our faces to prove he is the big dog on campus.

Tell me something, how well has his philosophy panned out? Never! With all the great teams he has had in the 90's(Bills) and 2000's(Colts) he has one SB win to show for it and that was because they had to fight until the end.

The Colts forum is at Civil War right and now Reggie and a few others are saying they had no idea that they weren't playing to win. Did you see Manning's face on the sideline? He wasn't happy and I doubt any of the starters were glad to see all of their hard work go down the drain.

Did you listen to Polian's weekly radio show? He was his normal arrogant self talking down to the fans that called in. What a douchebag! http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ly-radio-show/

His terrible decision is on every sports channel!

All of this shit adds up to a lot of distractions and hopefully the players will overcome it all and pull out a SB victory. I am still rooting for my team but Polian needs to go!
perfect explanation. if i were a colts fan, i'd be equally furious. angry mob furious.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2009, 09:23 PM   #15
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I'm sure there were unhappy players. I mean all that talk about how "Caldwell makes the call and we'll follow it" crap is just a veil meant to cover up how the players really felt. I know they wanted to play and I'm sure everyone knew that. The point is that the coaching staff, the president and the owner made a decision (by whatever mean they based it on) and we have to live with it.

You are right about 16-0 and SB not being mutually exclusive. The point remains, however, that 16-0 means nothing if you don't win the big one. Look at New England and how they went 18-1. They were basically the laughing stock of NFL. Even people on the forums have said that they'd rather go 14-2 or 15-1 and win the superbowl than going 16-1, 17-1, or 18-1. The thing is that most people knew that they would rest players yet they took it as a shock when they did. I mean did everyone really think they would play all the starters the whole game the rest of the season? Just because they played them against the Jags doesn't mean they will play the starters against the Jets and Bills. I actually kinda knew that the Jets would win this weekend. Thus I didn't even care about watching the game. And there was nothing I can do to change that. Sure fans have the right to be pissed off but it happened to just live with it.

As for Manning being injured or not- no one knows for sure. However, not playing him as much minimizes the chance of it happening. Because on the other hand, there is no guarantee he will NOT get hurt. I know that history has shown us that resting players has not panned out well for us. I personally hoped that they would have learned from it and do something differently. On that basis I am pissed. However, whatever the bases were for their decision, one was made and we have to respect it. We don't have to agree but we should respect and accept it. After all, there's nothing we can do at this point.

One thing I can do is continue rooting for them and hope for the best.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2009, 09:23 PM   #16
kabalm18
United_States
Rep

Quote:
perfect explanation. if i were a colts fan, i'd be equally furious. angry mob furious.
Tell me about it. We had lions and Rams fans apologizing to us and saying how they felt sorry for Colts fans on the Colts forum. How bad is that?:finger:

With the way the playoffs are shaping up, they had a great shot of going 19 - 0 and they fucked us! I am not guaranteeing that would have happened, but better to try and fail than just roll over.

Now what happens if they do win the SuperBowl? It will be bittersweet. There will always be "Oh, what could have been". Now I'm just being over dramatic!
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2009, 09:28 PM   #17
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Tell me about it. We had lions and Rams fans apologizing to us and saying how they felt sorry for Colts fans on the Colts forum. How bad is that?:finger:

With the way the playoffs are shaping up, they had a great shot of going 19 - 0 and they fucked us! I am not guaranteeing that would have happened, but better to try and fail than just roll over.

Now what happens if they do win the SuperBowl? It will be bittersweet. There will always be "Oh, what could have been". Now I'm just being over dramatic!
watching any ball tonight? you know us nfc east guys have our eyes glued!
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2009, 09:29 PM   #18
kabalm18
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW E90 View Post
I'm sure there were unhappy players. I mean all that talk about how "Caldwell makes the call and we'll follow it" crap is just a veil meant to cover up how the players really felt. I know they wanted to play and I'm sure everyone knew that. The point is that the coaching staff, the president and the owner made a decision (by whatever mean they based it on) and we have to live with it.

You are right about 16-0 and SB not being mutually exclusive. The point remains, however, that 16-0 means nothing if you don't win the big one. Look at New England and how they went 18-1. They were basically the laughing stock of NFL. Even people on the forums have said that they'd rather go 14-2 or 15-1 and win the superbowl than going 16-1, 17-1, or 18-1. The thing is that most people knew that they would rest players yet they took it as a shock when they did. I mean did everyone really think they would play all the starters the whole game the rest of the season? Just because they played them against the Jags doesn't mean they will play the starters against the Jets and Bills. I actually kinda knew that the Jets would win this weekend. Thus I didn't even care about watching the game. And there was nothing I can do to change that. Sure fans have the right to be pissed off but it happened to just live with it.

As for Manning being injured or not- no one knows for sure. However, not playing him as much minimizes the chance of it happening. Because on the other hand, there is no guarantee he will NOT get hurt. I know that history has shown us that resting players has not panned out well for us. I personally hoped that they would have learned from it and do something differently. On that basis I am pissed. However, whatever the bases were for their decision, one was made and we have to respect it. We don't have to agree but we should respect and accept it. After all, there's nothing we can do at this point.

One thing I can do is continue rooting for them and hope for the best.
The Patriots were the laughing stock of the NFL. Now we are, turn on the radio.

And as for the guarantee that no one will get hurt, we should rest our starters in week 1 because a loss or a win in the opener doesn't guarantee a playoff spot. Hell, they should be rested for the first 3 weeks! That way they can run the table and not worry about resting at the end of the year!

Bill Polian blows Donkey Dick! You know it, I know it, even Blake knows it!
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2009, 09:31 PM   #19
kabalm18
United_States
Rep

Quote:
watching any ball tonight? you know us nfc east guys have our eyes glued!
Just turned it on. Is Favre and Peterson on the bench?
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2009, 09:37 PM   #20
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Just turned it on. Is Favre and Peterson on the bench?
nope they're playing. bears are dominating.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2009, 09:47 PM   #21
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The Patriots were the laughing stock of the NFL. Now we are, turn on the radio.

And as for the guarantee that no one will get hurt, we should rest our starters in week 1 because a loss or a win in the opener doesn't guarantee a playoff spot. Hell, they should be rested for the first 3 weeks! That way they can run the table and not worry about resting at the end of the year!

Bill Polian blows Donkey Dick! You know it, I know it, even Blake knows it!
That's different in the sense that it counts toward the playoffs. I mean in that sense they could just rest in week 2, 3, etc. The Jets game, however, meant absolutely nothing except in the minds of those that want to make history. The 72 Dolphins went 19-0 and they are remembered for it. The Pats went 18-1 and nobody remember them. I personally don't even think it was impressive. It would be more impressive if they lost a few games but ended up with a ring.

I find it funny how when Polian made a few good draft decisions and everyone was on his ass saying how he's a genius and now the organization made a decision they thought was best and everyone is dissing him (and the organization). Such is typical of Americans. Again, I'm not saying that I'm not disappointed, it's just that we shouldn't cry over it. Oh and I know that if we don't win the SB people will be pointing to this. If we do win, some people will wonder about how we could have went 19-0 but most won't care.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2009, 09:47 PM   #22
kabalm18
United_States
Rep

Quote:
nope they're playing. bears are dominating.
Wow! I hate to say it but watch out for the Packers and Cowboys(If Romo doesnt choke ) in the playoffs.
Appreciate 0