E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Eror code 9CBB

06-27-2015, 10:33 PM   #23
rockblock
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240 xDrive

Anyone know how to fix this using BMWhat (CarlyForBMW)? I have the same error + A8C5) but have never used NCExpert, Toolset32, etc...all my coding is done via CarlyForBMW

Thx
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2015, 09:08 PM   #24
chmsalman
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 535i x-drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazman View Post
Yeay, i got my AE's working... not gonna give any more update other then that

just kidding. Okay here is what i did:
1) Make sure i'm on map 0
2) Load INPA and make sure i have both black dots so i know my cable works
3) Close INPA (very important to do this)
4) launch TOOL32.EXE
5) click on "jobs" and start typing out: steuern_reset_kurzshlussabschaltung
6) click on the text box located under arguements and enter the various hex values (you will need to try both check marked and unchecked for the box that says DATA). Press F5 or double click on the job name to send each command one by one
a) arguement = 0x0 (received error result)
b) 0x1 (received error result)
c) 0x2 (received error result)
d) 0x3 (received error result)
e) 0x4 (received error result)
f) 0x5 (received error result)
g) 0x6 (received error result)
h) 0x7 (received error result)
i) 0x8 (received error result)
j) 0x9 (received error result)
k) 0xa (received error result)
l) 0xb (Got my first OKAY, and started to jump up and down with joy)
7) went back to the job for reading the counter and instead of showing 50... it was now 1
8) closed TOOL32.EXE and open INPA
9) cleared all errors in the FRM
10) start my car and enjoyed seeing my driver side AE alive again
Finally got my cable today and I'm trying to do this but can't even get FRM70 to load. How long does it typically take? I turn on tool32 and click open, i scroll down to frm70 and try to load it but nothing happens.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2015, 10:22 PM   #25
chmsalman
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nr!qUe View Post
READ EVERYTHING BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING

read this thread

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=495535

you need to have daten V41 files.

This is what helped me from bmw coding and i was able to fix it.

I wish you the best of luck!!

I know when i finally figured out how to do this i hadnt had an angel eye for 6 months and i felt like
Hey, I hope you're still around to give me a hand with this. I've read every comment you've posted regarding this and all the threads you've linked. I only ordered the cable when I felt completely ready and confident that I'd be able to do this on my own.

I get stuck at an earlier step than anyone else on here. When I load Toolset32 and load FRM70.PRG and look for any of the jobs mentioned in this thread, I can't find them. I tried looking for these in FRM87, FRM81, and FRM3 as well. I just cant find these jobs anywhere and I'm getting really frustrated with it. Any help will do!!
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2015, 11:04 AM   #26
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmsalman View Post
Finally got my cable today and I'm trying to do this but can't even get FRM70 to load. How long does it typically take? I turn on tool32 and click open, i scroll down to frm70 and try to load it but nothing happens.
Did you turn off any tunes (JB4 --> map 0)

Maybe you don't have FRM70, maybe its something else? Mine would take about 1 second to load.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2015, 05:11 PM   #27
chmsalman
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazman View Post
Did you turn off any tunes (JB4 --> map 0)

Maybe you don't have FRM70, maybe its something else? Mine would take about 1 second to load.
I figured this out, I just needed updated daten files and the new PRG files in the ediabas ecu folder. Now I can see those jobs in the menu, I'll try again when I get home tonight. Also, I'm just wondering once I reset the error counter in tool32, exactly how do I clear the code on inpa? My inpa software is in German haha.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2015, 11:01 PM   #28
chmsalman
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

SOLVED

Alright folks, another success story with this issue. I'm exhausted by all this so I'm not going to write up a huge how to. As long as you read this entire thread and click on all the links mentioned, you should be good.

This is how I did it:
1. Ordered a cable http://www.one-stop-electronics.com/. Cost about 100 bucks.
2. Got all the software and latest Daten files from this guy here: http://www.fiverr.com/cj83lex/give-y...-code-your-bmw Cost 15 bucks and saved me the trouble of finding all this stuff on the internet. Totally worth it.
3. Follow the instructions on http://codinge90.com/getting-started/ to get your computer set up to code your car. Very good instructions, a monkey could follow them. NOTE: go to http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...h-ones-to-copy and read POST NUMBER 3 TO UPDATE YOUR DATEN FILES. IF YOU PAID THE EXTRA 10 BUCKS TO THE GUY I LINKED ABOVE, YOU'LL HAVE THE UPDATED DATEN FILES. FOR AN E90, USE THE E89 FOLDER. ITS THE SAME CHASSIS.
4. Restart computer for good luck, plug cable into computer, then into car, insert keyfob into ignition, press the on button without holding the brake.
5. Check with INPA that the battery and ignition circles are both black, meaning the cable is communicating with the car.
6. Close INPA.
7. Open Tool32, its in the bin folder of Ediabas (you should know about this if you followed the guide). If on windows 7 or newer, I recommend right clicking and click run as administrator.
8. Click the yellow open folder icon and load frm_70.prg
9. in the jobs list, find status_lampen_kurzschluss_counter. Click job_status in the Results list and hit F5. In the results window, look for any counter that is above 0. Mine was SL_BL_RECHTS_1 (I have a 2011 328xi sedan and my driver angel eye was blown). Yours might be different but just note that down.
10. Go here and look at post 66. http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...-to-FRM2/page3
Find the thing in the list that's most similar to the one in step 10 that had a counter greater than 0. Note the hexadecimal value for it. For example, mine was closest to the thing that had 0x12 written next to it.
11. In the jobs list go to steuern_reset_kurzschlussabschaltung. In the arguments text box, type in the hexadecimal value (so i typed in 0x12). Make sure the data box is NOT checked. Hit F5. You should get an OKAY.
IF THAT DIDN'T WORK (IT DIDN'T WORK FOR ME!!!) GO TO THE JOB _reset_kurzschluss_sperre INSTEAD. BOTH OF THESE JOBS ARE VERY SIMILAR. IF ONE DOESN'T WORK, USE THE OTHER ONE. FOLLOW THE SAME PROCEDURE: in the arguments box, type the hexadecimal value that you noted down earlier from post 66. Then hit F5. You should get an OKAY message now.
12. go back to status_lampen_kurzschluss_counter, click job status, and hit F5. That counter that was greater than 0 before should now have a value of 0.
13. Close Tool 32.
14. Open INPA.
15. Make sure both circles are still black. Hit F6 for the E90 chassis...yours might be different. Click Karosserie in the menu. Click footwell driver module II (note. this is all assuming you have FRM2).
16. Now I don't remember what I did here, it was in German. I played around carefully. Found something that looked like it would clear the code lol. Sent the job, got a green screen that made me feel really happy inside for some reason. Job was sent fine. I went outside, turned on the angels, and they were both lit.
17. Enjoy.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2015, 12:50 PM   #29
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

Quote:
Alright folks, another success story with this issue. I'm exhausted by all this so I'm not going to write up a huge how to. As long as you read this entire thread and click on all the links mentioned, you should be good.

This is how I did it:
2. Got all the software and latest Daten files from this guy here: http://www.fiverr.com/cj83lex/give-y...-code-your-bmw Cost 15 bucks and saved me the trouble of finding all this stuff on the internet. Totally worth it.
3. Follow the instructions on http://codinge90.com/getting-started/ to get your computer set up to code your car. Very good instructions, a monkey could follow them. NOTE: go to http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...h-ones-to-copy and read POST NUMBER 3 TO UPDATE YOUR DATEN FILES. IF YOU PAID THE EXTRA 10 BUCKS TO THE GUY I LINKED ABOVE, YOU'LL HAVE THE UPDATED DATEN FILES. FOR AN E90, USE THE E89 FOLDER. ITS THE SAME CHASSIS.
4. Restart computer for good luck, plug cable into computer, then into car, insert keyfob into ignition, press the on button without holding the brake.
5. Check with INPA that the battery and ignition circles are both black, meaning the cable is communicating with the car.
6. Close INPA.
7. Open Tool32, its in the bin folder of Ediabas (you should know about this if you followed the guide). If on windows 7 or newer, I recommend right clicking and click run as administrator.
9. in the jobs list, find status_lampen_kurzschluss_counter. Click job_status in the Results list and hit F5. In the results window, look for any counter that is above 0. Mine was SL_BL_RECHTS_1 (I have a 2011 328xi sedan and my driver angel eye was blown). Yours might be different but just note that down.
10. Go here and look at post 66. http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...-to-FRM2/page3
Find the thing in the list that's most similar to the one in step 10 that had a counter greater than 0. Note the hexadecimal value for it. For example, mine was closest to the thing that had 0x12 written next to it.
11. In the jobs list go to steuern_reset_kurzschlussabschaltung. In the arguments text box, type in the hexadecimal value (so i typed in 0x12). Make sure the data box is NOT checked. Hit F5. You should get an OKAY.
IF THAT DIDN'T WORK (IT DIDN'T WORK FOR ME!!!) GO TO THE JOB _reset_kurzschluss_sperre INSTEAD. BOTH OF THESE JOBS ARE VERY SIMILAR. IF ONE DOESN'T WORK, USE THE OTHER ONE. FOLLOW THE SAME PROCEDURE: in the arguments box, type the hexadecimal value that you noted down earlier from post 66. Then hit F5. You should get an OKAY message now.
12. go back to status_lampen_kurzschluss_counter, click job status, and hit F5. That counter that was greater than 0 before should now have a value of 0.
13. Close Tool 32.
14. Open INPA.
15. Make sure both circles are still black. Hit F6 for the E90 chassis...yours might be different. Click Karosserie in the menu. Click footwell driver module II (note. this is all assuming you have FRM2).
16. Now I don't remember what I did here, it was in German. I played around carefully. Found something that looked like it would clear the code lol. Sent the job, got a green screen that made me feel really happy inside for some reason. Job was sent fine. I went outside, turned on the angels, and they were both lit.
17. Enjoy.
Congrats! I know the feeling of joy from this
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2015, 07:55 AM   #30
tinnsoldaten
Captain
Norway
Rep
Drives: e92 335i coupe

Ah, finally , I had my moment today. Struggled with getting high beams to work after new ballast install. Did the splice fix on connector to ballast and got hibeam on driver side.

Today after messing about with this for ages , I gave up, ending up in finding the reason for no hibeam on passenger side, broken wire, the #5 in socket needs give positive or no function of shutter. Fixed and now all good.

Always check your wires hahaha , feel stupid, I must admit that , but I dont care , I have hibeams again
Vargas S2 turbos|VAC S3 Cylinder head|RR DPs|RR MPs|Supersprint X pipe|Remus Quad Sport mufflers|aFe Stage 2 Si with scoops|Forge DVs|ER CP|BMS meth elbow|Aquamist HFS-4|Walbro 450 E85 LPFP|AA FMIC|BMS OCC|MHD|P3 Boost Gauge|Ohlins Road & Track + camberplates|M3 sways F/R+ Ground control endlinks|Vorsteiner v303 19"|Michelin PS2 sport|Quaife LSD|Vorsteiner V35 CF hood|CF CLS trunk|Duke Dynamics quad diffusor
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2016, 07:39 PM   #31
cptcrunch
Captain Crunch
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i

I have a 2011 335d and my driver's side AE is blown. i've verified that stat_sl_bl_rechts_1_short_circuit_counter = 14 has the error, but I am unable to clear the errors using either _reset_kurzchluss_sperre or steuern_reset_kurzschlussabsschaltung. No matter if I use DATA or not, any hexadecimal I type in gives me an error in the results.

Do I need to keep going? I got up to 0x19 before I quit. Or do I need to use another job? I am using daten57 that was recently downloaded.

EDIT: I did want to mention that i had an aftermarket LED angel eye installed and replaced it with a known good (tested) halogen bulb.

Last edited by cptcrunch; 03-29-2016 at 08:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2016, 07:05 PM   #32
chmsalman
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptcrunch View Post
I have a 2011 335d and my driver's side AE is blown. i've verified that stat_sl_bl_rechts_1_short_circuit_counter = 14 has the error, but I am unable to clear the errors using either _reset_kurzchluss_sperre or steuern_reset_kurzschlussabsschaltung. No matter if I use DATA or not, any hexadecimal I type in gives me an error in the results.

Do I need to keep going? I got up to 0x19 before I quit. Or do I need to use another job? I am using daten57 that was recently downloaded.

EDIT: I did want to mention that i had an aftermarket LED angel eye installed and replaced it with a known good (tested) halogen bulb.
Ever get this to work? Post back for future users.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2016, 10:14 PM   #33
6ixSpd
Save the manuals!
Rep
Drives: '16 M3, '23 718 Spyder

Make sure you are in the correct FRM program! FRM70 or FRM2, whatever NCS Expert shows when you do a TRC read of your FRM module.

Past: E92 M3, F87 M2, E39 M5, etc
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2016, 09:55 AM   #34
cptcrunch
Captain Crunch
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i

Quote:
Ever get this to work? Post back for future users.
I had someone remotely connect to my computer and clear it for me. I couldn't figure it out and had to have some help. BUT, it did work after FRM was cleared.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2016, 05:07 AM   #35
_TB_
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E91 325d Touring

I have an error - where I cannot reset the short circuit counter for the bi-xenon relay. :/

_reset_kurzchluss_sperre 0x20 returns "Okay" - but the counter stays at 50.

steuern_reset_kurzschlussabsschaltung 0x20 returns an error - somthing like "invalid lamp ID".

How do I reset the counter for the bi-xenon relay? (I can activate the relay using Rheingold, so I assume there is no broken wires)
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2016, 05:17 AM   #36
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by _TB_
I have an error - where I cannot reset the short circuit counter for the bi-xenon relay. :/

_reset_kurzchluss_sperre 0x20 returns "Okay" - but the counter stays at 50.

steuern_reset_kurzschlussabsschaltung 0x20 returns an error - somthing like "invalid lamp ID".

How do I reset the counter for the bi-xenon relay? (I can activate the relay using Rheingold, so I assume there is no broken wires)
Which lights are not functioning? Which FRM version do you have?
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2016, 05:21 AM   #37
_TB_
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E91 325d Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible_ View Post
Which lights are not functioning? Which FRM version do you have?

High beam (it's adaptive bi-xenons) - FRM2
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2017, 02:07 PM   #38
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36

Quote:

This is how I did it:
6. Close INPA.
13. Close Tool 32.
14. Open INPA.
17. Enjoy.
Most useful post guys.

Just to add few things;
steuern_reset_kurzschlussabschaltung
is for FRM2

_reset_kurzschluss_sperre

is for FRM3

Both of them use FRM_70.prg in tool 32.

Also when you choose status_lampen_kurzschluss_counter
and then job_status, then make sure all option under job status are highlight.

Hope it helps other.
      05-01-2019, 11:00 AM   #39
Chrisred
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xi coupe

Hi guys. I used tool 32 and INPA to clear my 9CBB code but still comes back. I have upgraded to LCI tails. The ones with no coding as they come with necessary conversion plugs. They were working fine for a year then my right rear flasher went out. The front flasher works but flashes fast. I even purchased new tails but I still have the same issue. Therefore it's an internal problem. What u guys think ?? Need a new FRM2??
      05-02-2019, 03:44 AM   #40
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisred View Post
Hi guys. I used tool 32 and INPA to clear my 9CBB code but still comes back. I have upgraded to LCI tails. The ones with no coding as they come with necessary conversion plugs. They were working fine for a year then my right rear flasher went out. The front flasher works but flashes fast. I even purchased new tails but I still have the same issue. Therefore it's an internal problem. What u guys think ?? Need a new FRM2??
What conversion plug is this? Perhaps any resistor in it has failed. Why not just code the correct VO code for LED lights....

The FRM will be fine. Something is causing a short circuit. Find out what that is. Change it, then reset the counter again.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2019, 08:45 PM   #41
Chrisred
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
What conversion plug is this? Perhaps any resistor in it has failed. Why not just code the correct VO code for LED lights....

The FRM will be fine. Something is causing a short circuit. Find out what that is. Change it, then reset the counter again.
If the resistors and other modules included with the LCI tail lights. They clear the codes and errors for a "pice of mind" without the need for coding.
      05-03-2019, 02:46 PM   #42
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If the resistors and other modules included with the LCI tail lights. They clear the codes and errors for a "pice of mind" without the need for coding.
Ok. But this seems like something aftermarket and completely unnecessary.

Just code the FRM for LED lights, remove this 'conversion plug' and reset short circuit counter.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2019, 01:19 PM   #43
Chrisred
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ok. But this seems like something aftermarket and completely unnecessary.

Just code the FRM for LED lights, remove this 'conversion plug' and reset short circuit counter.
Tried but no luck cause I can't seem to find a good guide to code the frm.....
      05-04-2019, 04:46 PM   #44
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep

Ok, well you can always ask for help...

I assume this is an e92 with FRM2?

2 ways:

1. Add +MUEB (+MUH2 for FRM3) to the CAS and NFRM VO. Then FA_WRITE both. Then code NFRM to default with SG_CODERIEN.

2. Disable cold and warms bulb checks:

NFRM

KALTUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_H -> nicht_aktiv
KALTUEBERWACHUNG_BL -> nicht_aktiv
KALTUEBERWACHUNG_BFD -> nicht_aktiv

WARMUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_H -> nicht_aktiv
WARMUEBERWACHUNG_BL -> nicht_aktiv
WARMUEBERWACHUNG_BFD -> nicht_aktiv
Appreciate 0