E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Fuel Mileage Reading the same for 6 months

04-29-2012, 07:56 AM   #1
captain_tiberius
Canada
Rep
Drives: e90 323i/e85 Z4 3.0i/e70 X5 35

Fuel Mileage Reading the same for 6 months

Hi all,

My fuel mileage reading has been stuck at 2.8 L/100km for the past 6 months since i bought the car. Its obviously not consuming that on average. Whats wrong with the system? Anything defective? I read somewhere on the web that its a common problem and you just have to reset it? (how do i reset it?)

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 10:33 AM   #2
Tom K.
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328iT, '13 Boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_tiberius View Post
Hi all,

My fuel mileage reading has been stuck at 2.8 L/100km for the past 6 months since i bought the car. Its obviously not consuming that on average. Whats wrong with the system? Anything defective? I read somewhere on the web that its a common problem and you just have to reset it? (how do i reset it?)

Thanks
When you have cycled the screen to read average fuel mileage, push the button at the end of the turn signal stalk in and hold it for a few seconds until the reading changes. (If you are not moving, it will probably say "----" until a reading can be calculated.) The same technique is used to reset your average speed.

All this stuff is explained in your owner's manual. If you didn't receive one, it is available at BMWUSA.com, and probably at BMWCA as well.

Tom
Appreciate 0