E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > Idrive screen - standard input?

07-07-2012, 06:35 AM   #1
miatawnt2b
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 E93 Monaco Blue

Idrive screen - standard input?

I have an 09 with idrive and am looking into aftermarket options. Is the screen input standard (maybe HDMI??) Even if it isn't a standard connection I can convert it.

-J
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 05:09 PM   #2
voucher76
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 (G01), E92 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by miatawnt2b View Post
I have an 09 with idrive and am looking into aftermarket options. Is the screen input standard (maybe HDMI??) Even if it isn't a standard connection I can convert it.

-J
It is definitely not a standard connection. The screen has two connectors. An 8 pin connector which goes to the junction box,( where only 4 pins are used -power, gnd, and 2 from the K_can bus), the other connector goes to the CIC unit. I believe this is the connection that provides the signal.

I think it would be much easier to find a screen with the correct dimensions and swap.

You can always remove the screen and have a look at the connectors yourself. 30 sec job to remove the 2 torx(T10) screws on the top that secures it.

best regards
Appreciate 0