E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > FAILED NA SuperCharger ARMA

03-20-2012, 11:08 PM   #23
Rotorocious
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Looks like a piece of shit product and company
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 11:58 AM   #24
BOSSBMW
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i

looks like a thorough investigation of the the mishap. You got my vote. They are crap. Glad I didn't pull the trigger on this when the product first surfaced, and I'm sorry you had to be the guinea pig. Best of luck to you!
      03-23-2012, 12:10 PM   #25
Jack_Vang
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe

Holy crap!!! I feel bad for you man and kudos for your thorough investigation and explanations. I hope they'll eventually come through for you. For that price, where the fcuk did the R&D go?!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 03:11 PM   #26
lightning
First Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 1M Pure S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Vang View Post
Holy crap!!! I feel bad for you man and kudos for your thorough investigation and explanations. I hope they'll eventually come through for you. For that price, where the fcuk did the R&D go?!

They said that my investigations weren't thorough. come on ARMA. you are better than that. They said that they concluded that it was due to FOD, and they even said that they had 3rd parties to confirm that. How can they even do that when all the broken bits and debris are all with me? how can their "professional 3rd Parties" even confirm it's FOD without examining the debris?

OMG.

This is really sad. However, after this whole forum thread, at least now they bother to reply me and negotiate with me. But still pointing fingers. I still believe that they have it inside them as a responsible company, and i'm crossing my fingers.

This might just be a one off incident, maybe it's just a slip up. but hey, companies learn from their mistakes right?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 01:19 AM   #27
Soikiu
Malaysian Invasion
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E90 323i LCI

Garage List
Hi Lightning, this has been a while but just wondering if there are any updates to this matter. I see ARMA's ad popping up again on bimmerpost...
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 04:31 AM   #28
lightning
First Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soikiu View Post
Hi Lightning, this has been a while but just wondering if there are any updates to this matter. I see ARMA's ad popping up again on bimmerpost...

Hi Soikiu, unfortunately, they stopped replying me. the last heard was that they wanted to test the failed supercharger.. Be careful of them, they are quite an irresponsible company.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 09:55 PM   #29
monkey_wrench
Caught the Bimmer-Bug
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Aren't they made in China?

A customer of mine, d.o.m/chief pilot on a Gulfstream G-IV, told me Rolls Royce Canada subs out turbine wheel manufacture to China. QA in Canada rejects over 68% of the wheels coming from there. think about it. Over 60 out of a 100 that Chinese manufacturers say is good go right in the trash.

In your case - a cheap casting spinning at 15K rpm. Asking for trouble.
Does Arma's supplier X-Ray the castings? Any other NDT? Eddy current testing?

When will we learn that stuff from that area is usually sub-par?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 10:51 PM   #30
mapleridge
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 N52 AT

They are back at it with no new update on any changes made or specific details on their product that would restore buyer confidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_wrench View Post
Aren't they made in China?

A customer of mine, d.o.m/chief pilot on a Gulfstream G-IV, told me Rolls Royce Canada subs out turbine wheel manufacture to China. QA in Canada rejects over 68% of the wheels coming from there. think about it. Over 60 out of a 100 that Chinese manufacturers say is good go right in the trash.

In your case - a cheap casting spinning at 15K rpm. Asking for trouble.
Does Arma's supplier X-Ray the castings? Any other NDT? Eddy current testing?

When will we learn that stuff from that area is usually sub-par?

to be fair though, not all of it is crap. I agree though with no quality control and diligence things will slip through the cracks....Kind of eye opening though that they try to slip sub par product past RR
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 11:19 PM   #31
Tim M
Just a regular guy.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White M3 Sedan

When is Arma going to release an official statement? They need to demonstrate that they fucked up, and they're willing to fix the problem. Otherwise, people like myself, have no interest in buying a piece of shit like this!
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2012, 12:21 AM   #32
Soikiu
Malaysian Invasion
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E90 323i LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soikiu View Post

Hi Soikiu, unfortunately, they stopped replying me. the last heard was that they wanted to test the failed supercharger.. Be careful of them, they are quite an irresponsible company.
Thanks man, I doubt I'll be buying anything from them.
I emailed them before I contacted you and they are out of stock, on order for 3 months. Instead they offered me they catless pipes and mufflers...
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2012, 07:47 AM   #33
lightning
First Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunners_Mate View Post
When is Arma going to release an official statement? They need to demonstrate that they fucked up, and they're willing to fix the problem. Otherwise, people like myself, have no interest in buying a piece of shit like this!

They still insist they are right though.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2012, 09:09 AM   #34
E90MCF
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 06' AW E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning View Post
They still insist they are right though.
ARMA SC = FAIL. . .

ARMA =
- OEM Blacklines - 3M Di-Noc Matte Dry Carbon Vinyl Roof - 19x8.5/19x9.5 Miro M6 Replica 'Time Attack' - 17x8 OEM Style 159 Spider Spoke - Matte Black Grills - LED Interior Kit - License Plate LEDs - CF Roundels/Wheel Caps -
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2012, 01:02 AM   #35
lightning
First Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunners_Mate View Post

unfortunately they refused to claim responsibility for this. I have already moved on, sold my Z4 and bought a 1M should've saved all that money invested in ARMA and bought a 1M earlier..
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2012, 07:36 AM   #36
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
I don't normally do this but I feel like I had to make a post. Despite reading the thread on ARMA's supercharger, I figured I'd shoot them a PM anyway regarding their n52 headers for my Z4. I've saved all my PM's but long story short they will do anything to make a sale.

I told them I was interested in the headers but first wanted to know if they fit the Z4 (same motor as e90 but I'm almost certain headers are different seeing how companies like Supersprint have different model numbers). Their responses were along the lines "yes it fits, we've sold them to other Z4's". When I prod a bit for fitment proof, they start back tracking... "can't ensure fitment b/c it was a Japan-spec (RHD) Z4"... When I then ask for customer pictures, they say they have none. So at the end, I say at the very least send me your own R&D pictures - surely you would've done some test fitting on your own cars before you mass produce a product claiming to fit a certain car. They finally admit, NEVER even test fitted on their own cars but in theory it should work, but no guarantees. Yet they still hold onto their story that they've "sold" to other Z4 owners... right... these mysterious Z4 owners in Japan.

I'm sure the fact these headers were originally marketed towards e90 customers, fitment should not be a problem. And yes this is e90post, not zpost but nonetheless I think this experience says something considering how they handled that supercharger debacle. It just bothers me that unless the buyer is fully educated and knows to ask the right technical questions, ARMA would pass on a product to the passive buyer to make a quick sale. And we all know how their post-sale customer service is. Buyer beware.
      10-22-2012, 09:01 AM   #37
andrey_gta
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 130i coupé ;)

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSC_OFF View Post
It just bothers me that unless the buyer is fully educated and knows to ask the right technical questions, ARMA would pass on a product to the passive buyer to make a quick sale. And we all know how their post-sale customer service is. Buyer beware.
Thanks for the update. After I saw your post in the sponsor zone I was going to ask you about their Z4 application.

"The 1-series is the last car that BMW engineered before the Germans, as a car-making culture, fell out of love with driving." - R&T 2013 135is
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 02:08 AM   #38
lightning
First Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSC_OFF View Post
I don't normally do this but I feel like I had to make a post. Despite reading the thread on ARMA's supercharger, I figured I'd shoot them a PM anyway regarding their n52 headers for my Z4. I've saved all my PM's but long story short they will do anything to make a sale.

I told them I was interested in the headers but first wanted to know if they fit the Z4 (same motor as e90 but I'm almost certain headers are different seeing how companies like Supersprint have different model numbers). Their responses were along the lines "yes it fits, we've sold them to other Z4's". When I prod a bit for fitment proof, they start back tracking... "can't ensure fitment b/c it was a Japan-spec (RHD) Z4"... When I then ask for customer pictures, they say they have none. So at the end, I say at the very least send me your own R&D pictures - surely you would've done some test fitting on your own cars before you mass produce a product claiming to fit a certain car. They finally admit, NEVER even test fitted on their own cars but in theory it should work, but no guarantees. Yet they still hold onto their story that they've "sold" to other Z4 owners... right... these mysterious Z4 owners in Japan.

I'm sure the fact these headers were originally marketed towards e90 customers, fitment should not be a problem. And yes this is e90post, not zpost but nonetheless I think this experience says something considering how they handled that supercharger debacle. It just bothers me that unless the buyer is fully educated and knows to ask the right technical questions, ARMA would pass on a product to the passive buyer to make a quick sale. And we all know how their post-sale customer service is. Buyer beware.

is yours the E89 Z4 with the N52 motor? if so, it should be able to fit, with some tweaking of the air con pipe.. cause i had the headers in my car too. though there was no improvement in performance..
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 06:21 AM   #39
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
is yours the E89 Z4 with the N52 motor? if so, it should be able to fit, with some tweaking of the air con pipe.. cause i had the headers in my car too. though there was no improvement in performance..
E86
      10-24-2012, 08:28 AM   #40
Tim603
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
WOW this company seems like a joke, who sells product without test fiting it/ having pictures of installation. Poor product development if you ask me, and from the looks of it poor customer service. ARMA if you are reading this you have some serious work to do on your PR and R&D if you expect lots of people to buy from you....I know i wont be any time soon
      10-24-2012, 10:42 AM   #41
andrey_gta
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 130i coupé ;)

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
though there was no improvement in performance..
What do you mean by no improvement. Catless headers should make a bump in horsepower/tq, even on SC car

"The 1-series is the last car that BMW engineered before the Germans, as a car-making culture, fell out of love with driving." - R&T 2013 135is
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 11:09 AM   #42
N55
ⒸⒺⓇⓉⓘⒻⒾⒺⒹ✬ⓃⒾⓃⒿⒶ
United_States
Rep
Drives: 🚀

Garage List
That kit looks like a POS. like the others said, looks like they used inferior materials and building processes.

Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 04:07 PM   #43
lightning
First Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrey_gta View Post
What do you mean by no improvement. Catless headers should make a bump in horsepower/tq, even on SC car

there was no hp or torque gains. i felt that the car was losing some low end power even. Yeah i understand where you are coming from but there wasn't really much difference till force induction came in.

in fact, when i switched back to my stock headers with the SC, there was more power. hahas. strange.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 08:47 PM   #44
mapleridge
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 N52 AT

I have been reading up on headers a lot and there is a lot to it in terms of piping diameter and size of the collector etc. With the stock system and a removal of cats it has proven to bring about gains. Aftermarket units are hit and miss. I know from my custom exhaust with increased pipe diameter and no cats. You would think there would be a gain but I actually lost power and tq.
Appreciate 0