E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 2008 328xi 4door

12-29-2012, 11:08 AM   #1
ludinick
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 328xi 4door

E90 328xi mods?

Hey guys, I just recently signed up here since I'm trying to upgrade my car performance wise. I've had it stock for 5 years and I'm getting bored. Any recommendations u guys could possibly give? Exhaust, intake, chip, suspension, all of the good stuff.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2012, 11:37 AM   #2
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

FYI

http://www.e90post.com/forums/index.php?

Go to the sub board for N52 engines and the other sub boards for
mods.

There are many useful sub boards on this site with
more specific answers to your questions.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2012, 11:59 AM   #3
ludinick
Enlisted Member
Rep

thanks man!!

still trying to figure out how to navigate this website lol but from ive seen thus far, its a great community and everyone seems happy to help a fellow bimmer owner out!
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2012, 01:47 PM   #4
AdrianRex
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i X-drive

Ctuna gave you the best advice if your imperative is to get your current car modded.
However, the short answer is this: ultimately, if financials will allow you to, the 335 is objectively the better car to trade into than any mods you could possibly put on your 328. I have a 328 myself and although the AA tune (you'll find it in the boards) was nice, and maybe an exhaust can slightly improve the sound, you will not see substantial gains.
It will come down to what your objective is for your vehicle and how much you want to spend and whether the mods are mechanical or cosmetic. Good luck. I wish more than anything I could personally get into a 335 but I am blessed that at 22 can pay for a car as nice as the one I have without having to eat ramen every night and avoid debt collectors.

As repeated on this forum incessantly, "It's a BMW, no matter what, you'll enjoy it"
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2012, 03:09 PM   #5
ludinick
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianRex View Post
Ctuna gave you the best advice if your imperative is to get your current car modded.
However, the short answer is this: ultimately, if financials will allow you to, the 335 is objectively the better car to trade into than any mods you could possibly put on your 328. I have a 328 myself and although the AA tune (you'll find it in the boards) was nice, and maybe an exhaust can slightly improve the sound, you will not see substantial gains.
It will come down to what your objective is for your vehicle and how much you want to spend and whether the mods are mechanical or cosmetic. Good luck. I wish more than anything I could personally get into a 335 but I am blessed that at 22 can pay for a car as nice as the one I have without having to eat ramen every night and avoid debt collectors.

As repeated on this forum incessantly, "It's a BMW, no matter what, you'll enjoy it"

COMPLETELY AGREE!! I'm turning 22 this year and i couldnt be more blessed to be driving such an amazing vehicle. I really wanted to get into a 335 but ive put some serious milage on my car(90k+) that i dont believe i can get much for it. And when i saw the 4 series concept i figured ill ride this one out for a while longer until that car comes out. I was fortunate enough to have parents who got me the car at 16, but after 5 years ive gotten bored. Im not looking for any substantial gains, just a more enjoyable ride for the time being.
Appreciate 0