Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Which Spacers Would you Recommend?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

02-25-2011, 01:01 PM   #23
Edward
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013.9999 E92 Jerez ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by swifty View Post
Thanks for the valuable info. Will defn do 10mm and 12 in the back. I read ppl were having issues with the smaller spacers in the front but I didn't understand why.

Also I'm interested in doing Muteki (http://www.weaksauceparts.com/store/...at=2173&page=1) closed end lugnuts. Will the bolts that come with spacers work with these closed lugnuts or do I have to go with open extended lugnuts.
Those closed lug nuts look like they have to be used with a stud conversion. If you are just doing normal 10mm+ spacers, simply use the black bolts that are provided with the spacers since they are longer than stock ones to accomodate the spacers. If you are going to go with a lug conversion, I'd play it safe and use normal nuts to go over the stud just to be safe. This is one area I don't like to mess around with because a a wheel that's not bolted down on all the threads could lead to a pretty disastrous result.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 01:21 PM   #24
swifty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80, Levante & Tesla 100D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward View Post
Those closed lug nuts look like they have to be used with a stud conversion. If you are just doing normal 10mm+ spacers, simply use the black bolts that are provided with the spacers since they are longer than stock ones to accomodate the spacers. If you are going to go with a lug conversion, I'd play it safe and use normal nuts to go over the stud just to be safe. This is one area I don't like to mess around with because a a wheel that's not bolted down on all the threads could lead to a pretty disastrous result.
so basically those lugnuts/stud conversion is not ideal with spacers. The only reason I was going to do a stud conversion was to run those kind of lug nuts.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 01:33 PM   #25
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Nissan GTR Black Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric@PYSpeed.com View Post
The RS Technik (Push to the Edge) Lightening Pockets Design is one of the lightest out there and lighter is the key when you are on the track or just daily driving. Also the special Chamfered edges design on each piece allows quick and easy installation and removal. =)

I could be bias however.....

RS Technik has my vote. Previously ran the Macht Schnells but pretty much destroyed them when i had to take them off. the pocket design on the RS's make them lightweight...and they fit perfectly.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 01:47 PM   #26
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by swifty View Post
so basically those lugnuts/stud conversion is not ideal with spacers. The only reason I was going to do a stud conversion was to run those kind of lug nuts.
just get open end lugs to go with the studs.

i really like rogue engineering's open window design spacers. very light...