E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Coilover height measurements?

10-26-2008, 08:51 PM   #1
TobyNik
Rep
Drives: E92

Coilover height measurements?

Hi Guys

I'm on ST coils.

Just wondering how do tuners take measurement when installing coilovers?

Do they measure the distance from centre of wheel hub to wheel arch or something like that?

I'm asking cos after installation of my colioverss the first time, the gap between my rear arches/tires and front arches/tire are the same using just my fingers as a guage

Now, this may sound silly, but I noticed that ALL E92s come with stock set ups with rear gaps always narrower than the front gaps.

I went back to get my STs adjusted telling them how I think the rears should be lower and showed them a couple of pix from magazines that clearly shows this. But also had friends telling me that I can't base it just on visual inspections. Now I am a little concern my set up is not correct..............

Any comments and information will be much appreciated.

Thanks, guys!
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2008, 04:30 PM   #2
turbojet3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335

Do they measure the distance from centre of wheel hub to wheel arch or something like that?

Yes,
the installation instructions on the KW site show exactly that.

Performance wise, a corner balance would dictate ride hieght balance front to rear. If the front is too low, you may put too much weight on the front axle.
Appreciate 0