E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Official Ottawa Members Thread (#2)

04-03-2011, 07:01 PM   #89
laser99
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairvoyant View Post
Try Richmond, BC. That place is like Benz and Bimmer sanctuary.....but then again It's Hongcouver.
The French says "grosse Corvette, petite quéquette"

================================================== =================
On the other note:
Is anyone coming to Otto's BMW next Tuesday for that X1 launch????
Yap, I'll be there. Looking forward to meeting you and all other guys from this forum ...... if they show up.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2011, 07:06 PM   #90
laser99
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRox View Post
Jeez...is it just me or does every second person in Ottawa have a 323 or 328???

There are so many BMW 3 series in Ottawa now! And Benz C-Classes...everyone seems to have a C230.

Everyone thinks they're a baller in their 3 series now.
You got that one right! I have my opinion about that but it is not for this forum
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2011, 09:02 PM   #91
ns2000x
Converted
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by laser99 View Post
I do not know. How did you find out on which boat your M3 is? My is scheduled to arrive in Halifax on Apr-11.
I know of Shades. The guy did my Infinity QX4, back in 2002. Window tinting looks as good as on the day he installed it. Maybe we could work out a deal since a good friend of mine is looking at the same job on his E46 M3 he has just purchased.
Yep, April 11th. That would be the Faust. Currently it is passing Ireland on its way in to the middle of the Atlantic.

I did European Delivery so I put my name, and my car's VIN in here:

https://eurodelivery.ehharms.com/Edts/audi/Default.aspx

This gives me all the dates and the Vessel name.

Then I use this:

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shi...MMSI=266260000

Dynamic link:
http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/def...012:19:28%20AM

Is your car arriving at Otto's or Elite? Mine will go through Elite.
Because my car has already been delivered I'm anticipating that the PDI shouldn't take too long to install the plates, and add the Canadian maps to the Nav.

I'll be tracking my car on the train (with the help of another forum member) once it hits halifax. I'll let you know if you like to give you an idea of when your car will be in Ottawa too.

When our cars come in if you are still interested I'll mention it to Andrew at Shades that perhaps he could shave a little off of the cost for the two or three of us.

Like you he did my 2003 Audi that I sold two weeks ago, and it still looked great. He also did my wife's GTi and it is the best "to the edge of the glass" tint job I've ever seen. As well both times when I've gotten my new cars back from him, they were clean, with no water stains on the door panels or the like. Things I have noticed on friends cars tinted at other Ottawa locations.

'11 BMW M3 E90 Jerez - Fox | '17 BMW i3 BEV Protonic - Dalbergia
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2011, 09:18 PM   #92
ns2000x
Converted
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Yap, I'll be there. Looking forward to meeting you and all other guys from this forum ...... if they show up.
I saw a few X1's in Munich when I was there in March. Nothing to get overly excited about. Elite is holding an event also, but I won't be going to either.

I'm looking forward to the May 14th meet and I hope I'm in town for that. Also with any luck I would have reached, and had performed, my 2,000km break-in service.

I'll try and drag along my friend with a 328i E90, although I'll warn him about 'The Rox'.

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2011, 09:29 PM   #93
laser99
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ns2000x View Post
Yep, April 11th. That would be the Faust. Currently it is passing Ireland on its way in to the middle of the Atlantic.

I did European Delivery so I put my name, and my car's VIN in here:

https://eurodelivery.ehharms.com/Edts/audi/Default.aspx

This gives me all the dates and the Vessel name.

Then I use this:

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shi...MMSI=266260000

Dynamic link:
http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/def...012:19:28%20AM

Is your car arriving at Otto's or Elite? Mine will go through Elite.
Because my car has already been delivered I'm anticipating that the PDI shouldn't take too long to install the plates, and add the Canadian maps to the Nav.

I'll be tracking my car on the train (with the help of another forum member) once it hits halifax. I'll let you know if you like to give you an idea of when your car will be in Ottawa too.

When our cars come in if you are still interested I'll mention it to Andrew at Shades that perhaps he could shave a little off of the cost for the two or three of us.

Like you he did my 2003 Audi that I sold two weeks ago, and it still looked great. He also did my wife's GTi and it is the best "to the edge of the glass" tint job I've ever seen. As well both times when I've gotten my new cars back from him, they were clean, with no water stains on the door panels or the like. Things I have noticed on friends cars tinted at other Ottawa locations.
My car will be arriving at Otto's and, yes, I would appreciate if you give me some details of how to track the car while on train.
As for Andrew.... he HAS to give us some discount. Now we are up to three and it is good for his full day of work. BTW, how long have you been waiting for your M3? I placed an order for my on Dec-20!!! I had to return my G35 (end of lease) 2 weeks ago and I am running out of patience a bit. To add to it is that I will be leaving for vacation on Apr-16 and most likely I will not have it before I go.
Are you coming to Otto's X1 promotion on Tuesday?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2011, 09:34 PM   #94
ns2000x
Converted
Canada
Rep

Quote:
My car will be arriving at Otto's and, yes, I would appreciate if you give me some details of how to track the car while on train.
As for Andrew.... he HAS to give us some discount. Now we are up to three and it is good for his full day of work. BTW, how long have you been waiting for your M3? I placed an order for my on Dec-20!!! I had to return my G35 (end of lease) 2 weeks ago and I am running out of patience a bit. To add to it is that I will be leaving for vacation on Apr-16 and most likely I will not have it before I go.
Are you coming to Otto's X1 promotion on Tuesday?
Placed my order December 10th. It took BMW Canada 5 weeks to confirm my requested European Delivery date (March 9th). Which I later moved to better align with my flights to March 14th. So I got to drive my car around Munich which was a lot of fun, but the Christmas shut down really drags out orders at this time. I did pretty well leading up to the ED. But the past (16 days) since I dropped my car off are killing me.

I won't be able to track your car on the train, but I'll an associate if they can confirm your cars location too (you need to have a CN customer account).

I won't be at the X1 day on Tuesday.

My Audi sold two weeks ago. So I'm driving a crap 1 month rental car. It is the worst.

Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 07:35 AM   #95
clairvoyant
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bavarian Manure Wagon (BMW)

Garage List
2007 335i  [5.24]
Question

What do we have to worry about "The Rox"????

Quote:
I saw a few X1's in Munich when I was there in March. Nothing to get overly excited about. Elite is holding an event also, but I won't be going to either.

I'm looking forward to the May 14th meet and I hope I'm in town for that. Also with any luck I would have reached, and had performed, my 2,000km break-in service.

I'll try and drag along my friend with a 328i E90, although I'll warn him about 'The Rox'.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 07:43 AM   #96
ns2000x
Converted
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Nothing sinister. Just playing up his 'everyone-drives-a-328-wanna-be-baller-comment' as it relates to inviting my 328i owning friend along to a meet.

My time in my rental car is reminding me with an abject lesson that a 323 is a bazzilion times better than a lot of cars out there, and perhaps we should be giving the thumbs up to our fellow E9X driving city-mates vs. lumping everyone in the "Everyone thinks they're a baller in their 3 series now." category.

BTW - TheRox (sorry no space) I appreciate your grammatical prowess in the above quote. On the general forums they're a, and their would have completely alluded 75% of the forum members it seems.

Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 08:42 AM   #97
clairvoyant
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [5.24]
Question

He didn't meet it that way. I bash on people who drive Hyundai Tiburon, ricey Civic, etc.
Debadge your 328i so The Rox will not know if it's 328i.

I take OCTranspo everyday because I can't justify $15 parking daily plus $1.37/litre gasoline for stop and go driving.
I guess I am a small baller here.
You will see me get off the bus tomorrow at Otto's.

Quote:
Nothing sinister. Just playing up his 'everyone-drives-a-328-wanna-be-baller-comment' as it relates to inviting my 328i owning friend along to a meet.

My time in my rental car is reminding me with an abject lesson that a 323 is a bazzilion times better than a lot of cars out there, and perhaps we should be giving the thumbs up to our fellow E9X driving city-mates vs. lumping everyone in the "Everyone thinks they're a baller in their 3 series now." category.

BTW - TheRox (sorry no space) I appreciate your grammatical prowess in the above quote. On the general forums they're a, and their would have completely alluded 75% of the forum members it seems.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 04:26 PM   #98
Lugigi
Meh
Canada
Rep
Drives: 330Xi

Quote:

There are so many BMW 3 series in Ottawa now! And Benz C-Classes...everyone seems to have a C230.

Such an odd thing to say on a 3 series forum... would this exclude 330, 335 and M3's?
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 05:41 PM   #99
TheRox
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 6mt

Quote:
He didn't meet it that way. I bash on people who drive Hyundai Tiburon, ricey Civic, etc.
Debadge your 328i so The Rox will not know if it's 328i.

I take OCTranspo everyday because I can't justify $15 parking daily plus $1.37/litre gasoline for stop and go driving.
I guess I am a small baller here.
You will see me get off the bus tomorrow at Otto's.
I firmly believe the best 3 series is actually the 323.
Anyone with a 328 or 335 has overpaid...esp the 335.

63K for a 3 series!!!! (w. tax of course)

I'd say max you wanna go for 3 series is the 328.

Repekt for ppl with 323, best 3 series...and I'm being serious, its best value.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 05:43 PM   #100
TheRox
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

??? grammar? i have more important things to do bud. that last line was beyond me

Like I said I personally like the 323...best 3 series for the value...I have quite a lot of respect for the 323 and 328.

Its when I see a 335 that i say -- this chap overpaid.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 05:46 PM   #101
TheRox
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
nothing man, you guys misinterpreted me

323 and 328 are the way to go...If I did it again, not sure I'd go 335...probably 328xi with 6MT...nice naturally aspirated and good value. I miss NA...the turbo engine with 6MT feels like a slingshot...you can feel the turbos effect gradually, enough to annoy me at least.

With an autobox its fine.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 07:28 PM   #102
laser99
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Placed my order December 10th. It took BMW Canada 5 weeks to confirm my requested European Delivery date (March 9th). Which I later moved to better align with my flights to March 14th. So I got to drive my car around Munich which was a lot of fun, but the Christmas shut down really drags out orders at this time. I did pretty well leading up to the ED. But the past (16 days) since I dropped my car off are killing me.

I won't be able to track your car on the train, but I'll an associate if they can confirm your cars location too (you need to have a CN customer account).

I won't be at the X1 day on Tuesday.

My Audi sold two weeks ago. So I'm driving a crap 1 month rental car. It is the worst.

I feel your pain but, at least, you had good time with your car already. I yet to see mine..... Did you consider full clear bra for your M3 or just standard one?
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 08:09 PM   #103
ns2000x
Converted
Canada
Rep

I did consider the full hood, but didn't get a quote after for it after I got the quote for:

- bumper
- mirrors
- 22" of hood
- fenders

I'll discuss more with Andrew when my car comes in. But I plan to drop my car off with him the same week it arrives.

Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 08:22 PM   #104
clairvoyant
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [5.24]
Cool

I think the full hood is the best bet if your paint is in the cleanest condition otherwise moisture trapped under plastic heated by sun will cause oxidation and possibly rust.
================================================== ============
So, see you guys at 5:00 PM tomorrow at Otto's????
Hmmmm I am thinking about playing guess who are behind these user names and avatars tomorrow.

Quote:
I did consider the full hood, but didn't get a quote after for it after I got the quote for:

- bumper
- mirrors
- 22" of hood
- fenders

I'll discuss more with Andrew when my car comes in. But I plan to drop my car off with him the same week it arrives.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 08:30 PM   #105
ns2000x
Converted
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I think the full hood is the best bet if your paint is in the cleanest condition otherwise moisture trapped under plastic heated by sun will cause oxidation and possibly rust.
================================================== ============
So, see you guys at 5:00 PM tomorrow at Otto's????
Hmmmm I am thinking about playing guess who are behind these user names and avatars tomorrow.

Quote:

- bumper
- mirrors
- 22" of hood
- fenders

My hood is aluminum (so I'm told by the BMW delivery guy in Munich), so although it may corrode it won't "rust".

I'm taking my son to a Dr's appointment at 16:30 in Orleans tomorrow so even though I dislike my prior Otto's experience it would have been good to meet a fee of you.

Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 08:35 PM   #106
ns2000x
Converted
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
nothing man, you guys misinterpreted me

323 and 328 are the way to go...If I did it again, not sure I'd go 335...probably 328xi with 6MT...nice naturally aspirated and good value. I miss NA...the turbo engine with 6MT feels like a slingshot...you can feel the turbos effect gradually, enough to annoy me at least.

With an autobox its fine.
I test drove a 335is and it was a blast. I've driven my friends 328i and it was also a lot of fun. The exhaust sound was fairly restrained but still had that BMW I6 magic. The handling in both was sublime and one thing that seems to be common across all sport package 3 series at least. That uncanny ability to feel firm all the time yet all the while ironing out Ottawa's questionable roads with aplomb.

Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 08:36 PM   #107
ns2000x
Converted
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugigi View Post
Quote:

Such an odd thing to say on a 3 series forum... would this exclude 330, 335 and M3's?
You forgot the torque monster 335d

Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 10:16 AM   #108
clairvoyant
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [5.24]
Question I need Andrew's contact.....

Now that my front bumpers are dressed by rock chips and my back bumper are decorated by scratches from loading/unloading luggages and boxes, I am thinking about installing the plastic protection as well but I am too lazy to DIY.
What's that Andrew's contact info?Thank You
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 11:01 AM   #109
ns2000x
Converted
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Now that my front bumpers are dressed by rock chips and my back bumper are decorated by scratches from loading/unloading luggages and boxes, I am thinking about installing the plastic protection as well but I am too lazy to DIY.
What's that Andrew's contact info?Thank You
http://www.shadesone.com/

James

Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 07:19 PM   #110
TheRox
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
these guys don't have ceramic tint...formula one pinnacle series is the way to go

anyoen in ottawa carry this?
Appreciate 0