E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Chitown335i is a horrible seller

12-07-2015, 07:41 AM   #1
ckstrobe
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 335xi 6 speed coupe

Chitown335i is a horrible seller

Long story short Louis Churnovic (Chitown335i) ripped me off for $1000 and refuses to refund me yet he can post about doing more work on here. He advertised a set of Rb's on here that he was having rebuilt for $3200. We agreed on the price and i sent him $200 for a deposit and i would send the rest when the turbos were rebuilt and ready to be sent out. He was awaiting mmp's new turbos, at which time he would remove his rb's and send them to rob for the rebuild. He then contacted me about 2 weeks later and told me he was removing them and having them rebuilt, so i could send the balance i owed when they were. At that point i was having issues with my trucks transmission and had to replace it. I told him this and apologized offering for him to keep the $200 deposit as it was my own fault, or i could send him $1500 and the other $1500 in 3 weeks time. He agreed that was fine as he texted me, " I wouldn't want you to lose your deposit". I sent the $1500 that day, 3 weeks and 2 days later i had the remaining balance to send him. On june 23rd he told me he wanted to keep them and asked if id accept a refund to which i agreed considering id rather go single turbo at this point. He promised me $1000 immediately and the rest on july 13th when he got paid. He promised me $500 the next day(Saturday) and another $500 on the following Monday. He only sent me $500 total after he promised me $1000. On July 18th i contacted him asking about the refund and he said he only had $200 to send me, keep in mind i was owed $1700 by now and only received $700 total. From here on he kept giving me bs reasons as to why he didn't have the money and i was trying to be understanding considering i sent the money through Paypal and was protected (or so i thought). On September 25th he completely stopped contacting me at which point i made a dispute through Paypal. I explained the situation to them and they agreed it shouldn't be a problem to refund the money but it would have to go through their claims process. After a month i get an email saying the claim has been denied after i submitted all my proof of him ripping me off and him submitting absolutely nothing in his defense. I called them and come to find out if you don't send the payment in full you aren't covered under Paypal guidelines. So I'm now out $1000 because Paypal wont cover partial payments on an item. Moral of the story, Chitown335i is a horrible seller who will steal from you to benefit himself and absolutely should not be in the bmw community.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2015, 02:48 PM   #2
roller84
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i & E60 550i

Garage List
2018 BMW M5  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
That really stinks and if true he clearly owes you the money and he clearly has the money available as he is able to do other mods indicated by his posts. I've been a long time member and have been screwed a couple of times here as well so I know how it feels. Chitown335i should get banned from here. He is an a*****e for doing this.

Have you tried anything with small claims court? I see that he is in IL and you are in NJ so I wonder how that would work out.

Also Paypal is so horrible and useless when it comes to protecting buyers, that's why I always pay via credit card because I could then just dispute it with the CC company. On a few paypal purchases I never received the associated product and paypal did nothing when I filed a claim. Should be an open an shut case if you received no goods for your payment but they denied the claim for various and poor reasons. Disputed it with my CC company and done, money refunded each time.
Pure S2 Turbos | Vargas Outlets | RB Inlets | OEM SS Kit & Performance Steering Wheel| LCI Rear Conversion | Euro Xenons | RD Sport Quad Exhaust | Spearco Intercooler | Cobb V3 | MORR VS7 | KW V3 | H&R Sways | Mtech Bodykit | Vorsteiner CF Hood, CSL Trunk & Front Lip | Quaife LSD | Rotora BBK | GruppeM Intake | Forge UK DV | AR Design Catted DP's
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2015, 05:24 PM   #3
ckstrobe
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 335xi 6 speed coupe

It was posted on a local Chicago forum and hes talking to me now about resolving it or im taking it to small claims court, i can do it out of state with all of the paperwork i have. its ridiculous but i believe its being settled.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2015, 09:56 AM   #4
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 | X5 xdrive 35i MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckstrobe View Post
It was posted on a local Chicago forum and hes talking to me now about resolving it or im taking it to small claims court, i can do it out of state with all of the paperwork i have. its ridiculous but i believe its being settled.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2015, 05:55 PM   #5
roller84
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i & E60 550i

Garage List
2018 BMW M5  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckstrobe View Post
hopefully...good luck
Pure S2 Turbos | Vargas Outlets | RB Inlets | OEM SS Kit & Performance Steering Wheel| LCI Rear Conversion | Euro Xenons | RD Sport Quad Exhaust | Spearco Intercooler | Cobb V3 | MORR VS7 | KW V3 | H&R Sways | Mtech Bodykit | Vorsteiner CF Hood, CSL Trunk & Front Lip | Quaife LSD | Rotora BBK | GruppeM Intake | Forge UK DV | AR Design Catted DP's
Appreciate 1
      12-08-2015, 09:31 PM   #6
dbworld4k
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 M3

Garage List
2002 BMW M5  [10.00]
2009 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Sign up over on Team Bimmer (a Chicago FB page), I believe he's on there and many locals know of the guy.

That shit is ridiculous that he'd flat out tell you to go through small claims and not even refund money he owes you. Fuck this kid.
Appreciate 0