E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Bad experience sonictuning.com

01-11-2016, 10:41 PM   #1
pinoye90
Banned
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 07-E90

Don't buy from sonictuning.com I purchased my second set of wheels from them Renn Motorsport rs-51 with only having them for 6months never tracking my car, I only drive to work 10-15 min a day and sometimes going out on the weekends. Low and behold my whole right side front and rear are bent. This is from normal driving conditions, no damage on the tires and normal potholes in Phoenix area. Called sonic tuning for warranty options and all I got was the run around. Sonic tuning said its wear tear/personal damage. the person who picks up there phone doesn't even speak English. My first set was lemans st8 BENT and the second set was Renn Motorsport rs-51 BENT..they never even offered anything. A discount maybe on a replacement?, a warranty through the manufacturer, NOTHING??
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-12-2016, 04:24 PM   #2
jose_sonictuning
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

To the OP:

Hey buddy! I am truly sorry you feel this way. I definitely feel your disappointment and I understand your frustrastion, but the manufacturer, just like all other wheel manufacturers, doesn't cover wear and tear damages. Those damages would include bent wheels or even accidental knicks and scratches (as an example) due to the road.

We have offered you a special discount to help you replace the wheels at a much cheaper price you purchased them, but we do also inform our customers and our friends that have had this happen to them contact their state/county government if these damages were pothole related. Here in the county where out warehouse is located, the county reimburses for the damages related to potholes. Insurance is also a possibility if your deductible is lower than the special pricing we relayed to you.

I have also google'd your claims about numerous bent wheels with our brand, but those TWO claims have been resolved by us and both have reported their inability to safely avoid larger than normal potholes (one Mercedes and one Audi). I think one guy described the hole as, "Moon sized," LOL! Myself and Ray have contacted you numerous times to help you in this situation because customer service is in fact, our biggest priority.

Again, I do apologize for this inconvenience, but we do have different options and we look forward to helping you in this situation even though our warranty doesn't cover wear and tear/damages caused by the road, if you allow us.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2016, 04:43 PM   #3
pinoye90
Banned
Philippines
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose_sonictuning
To the OP:

Hey buddy! I am truly sorry you feel this way. I definitely feel your disappointment and I understand your frustrastion, but the manufacturer, just like all other wheel manufacturers, doesn't cover wear and tear damages. Those damages would include bent wheels or even accidental knicks and scratches (as an example) due to the road.

We have offered you a special discount to help you replace the wheels at a much cheaper price you purchased them, but we do also inform our customers and our friends that have had this happen to them contact their state/county government if these damages were pothole related. Here in the county where out warehouse is located, the county reimburses for the damages related to potholes. Insurance is also a possibility if your deductible is lower than the special pricing we relayed to you.

I have also google'd your claims about numerous bent wheels with our brand, but those TWO claims have been resolved by us and both have reported their inability to safely avoid larger than normal potholes (one Mercedes and one Audi). I think one guy described the hole as, "Moon sized," LOL! Myself and Ray have contacted you numerous times to help you in this situation because customer service is in fact, our biggest priority.

Again, I do apologize for this inconvenience, but we do have different options and we look forward to helping you in this situation even though our warranty doesn't cover wear and tear/damages caused by the road, if you allow us.
I never received any discounts. This is the first I've heard of this... My first purchased with the lemans st8 which was $900 then $1300 for the Renn Motorsport rs-51 so that's equivalent to $2200. the least your company can do is offer me discount on a replacement but that never happened. Now the public needs to know
Below is a copy of your so called discount offer

What is your order number?

Warranty on wheels do not cover wear and tear.
In this ca?se, it would be the best to make a claim with the city and state if it was damaged from road fixture or pothole.

We can assist you writing up the estimate and invoice for the claim.

Chris,
Sonic Tuning
7851 Beechcraft Ave Ste.F
Gaithersburg MD 20879
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2016, 04:48 PM   #4
jose_sonictuning
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoye90 View Post
I never received any discounts. This is the first I've heard of this... My first purchased with the lemans st8 which was $900 then $1300 for the Renn Motorsport rs-51 so that's equivalent to $2200. the least your company can do is offer me discount on a replacement but that never happened. Now the public needs to know

In this ca?se, it would be the best to make a claim with the city and state if it was damaged from road fixture or pothole.

Chris,
Sonic Tuning
Gaithersburg MD 20879

I can't have a convo on 2 separate posts LOL. I barely remember what my GF says after 2 hours.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2016, 04:53 PM   #5
pinoye90
Banned
Philippines
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Chris,
Sonic Tuning
Gaithersburg MD 20879

I can't have a convo on 2 separate posts LOL. I barely remember what my GF says after 2 hours.
That's why I love this forum it puts the correct responsibility to companies that neglects customers who spends $$$$

Everyone can see all the BS excuses companies have and all the documents can be posted to show the TRUTH regardless of the mindless comments others might have. Facts are facts
THANK YOU E90post
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2016, 04:56 PM   #6
jose_sonictuning
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That's why I love this forum it puts the correct responsibility to companies that neglects customers who spends $$$$

Everyone can see all the BS excuses companies have and all the documents can be posted to show the TRUTH regardless of the mindless comments others mind have. Facts are facts
THANK YOU E90post
Umm...I was actually saying that we have an entire post that mirrors this one. It's redundant to have the same convo....twice...copied and pasted.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1213888

It was a joke to say let's have one convo so we can find a solution rather than circle the problem.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2016, 05:07 PM   #7
pinoye90
Banned
Philippines
Rep

I would recommend for you to post publicly now what your company sonic tuning is willing to do for me as customer and provide customer service... After purchasing $2200 worth of products from sonictuning.com that might not be much to you but for me who have 2 kids a home and work hard for my money it's a lot. Below is a pic of your product sitting in my harsh that's now I waste of $1300+ tires on them that I also can no longer use Hankook v12... So let me know what can you do to make this right??? PS THE MONEY SPENT WAS MY FATHERS DAY GIFT BY THE WAY
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-12-2016, 06:42 PM   #8
pinoye90
Banned
Philippines
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Everyone can see all the BS excuses companies have and all the documents can be posted to show the TRUTH regardless of the mindless comments others mind have. Facts are facts
THANK YOU E90post
Umm...I was actually saying that we have an entire post that mirrors this one. It's redundant to have the same convo....twice...copied and pasted.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1213888

It was a joke to say let's have one convo so we can find a solution rather than circle the problem.
Well?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2016, 11:07 PM   #9
jose_sonictuning
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well?
Like I have previously stated, I will respond to one thread. I would rather speak in a non-combative tone, while also utilizing direct communication methods, but I see this method is more preferable to you.

I will respond to you in this thread:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...6#post19207296
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2016, 05:30 PM   #10
E92-Lighting
United_States
Rep
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

they are great people, and jose is right, the other thread is more appropriate not the vendor section.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2016, 03:01 AM   #11
pinoye90
Banned
Philippines
Rep

Post update put my oem wheels on for 3-4 months now, hitting all the bumps in Phoenix and no bent wheels.. Same setup as before suspension wise.. I'm so over garbage companies and they BS PRODUCTS.. I hope this helps people make better decisions on there next 1200$+ purchase
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2016, 04:43 PM   #12
jose_sonictuning
United_States
Rep

We've responded to your inquiries and have given you ample options to contact us via pm, e-mail, and telephone to no avail. If you continue to be unhappy while ignoring any facets of problem solving but focus on publicly demanding any sort of negative reaction due to voicing your opinion rather than being helped....then you are vocally stating you do not want help.

We stand by our products 100%, we have warranties on our products, and we have many customers that love our company and our products. Have an amazing day!
Appreciate 2
      04-16-2016, 09:45 AM   #13
SUHleen
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335is

Bends and cracks are to be expected with rep/off brand wheels?
Appreciate 1